Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Top War: Spartans vs Knights Beyond Reproach

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by bluorr View Post
    One of the very very very few Kds actually having cojones to tag themselves from day one of the age and actually have super achievements.
    No they didn't. At least this age.

Needs to get out more
    This part belongs in the strategy forum, but it has relevance here.

- a bunch of you guys should take pilgrimage to a top kingdom for an age and rotate one or two at a time.
    - you guys should stop discouraging exploration and land power.
    - you guys should stop mistaking totalitarianism for teamwork.

New player conforming to a weaker system are solidifying ghetto weaknesses. We don't have kingdoms willing to guide those with wanderlust to the frontiers of the game outside the top kingdoms. They all seem to be afraid of a nonexistent danger: Finding out you stink.

Even below the top 100, the guys in my kingdom have a better grasp of the numbers than I do. What most guys don't have is an understanding beyond mechanics. Simple stuff like retaliating, or basically knowing what hurts.

It's not just the ghetto. There's plenty of improvements to play style that can be made in encouraging instinct. It's purely exhausting for me to both be instructed and see a chartroom full of knuckleheads asking for targets. Expected to idle while some non instinctive klutz takes forever to get into action.

I'll repeat what I've said many times. If you know how to play you can go off the standard known meta and be dangerous in strange new ways. For some reason everybody at war tier builds to fight war tier. You don't have to do that. That meta is in a vacuum. It's path is very simple, it's the strategy that's complex. The real question is, how do you fight "up"? If you can't do diplomacy and you want to mess with the big kingdoms you have to be dangerous before you're on the radar. If you want them to leave you alone, the same thing goes.

The "Be like Mike" campaign is based in the premise of being the best. When new players enter the game there are very few kingdoms that can point to that slogan. And..there aren't enough kingdoms for us to guide them to. We need more ambitious leaders willing to merge kingdoms and practice some teamwork. Totalitarianism works in top kingdoms because they already know what they have to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I like to post
    No they didn't. At least this age.
    They kept me in the KD, which is as good as tagging up.

Thread Information