Thread: NS kill off?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NS kill off?

So a kingdom mate and myself are having a debate... Does NS kill offense if their army is out? Guide doesnt say anything about it.

Common sense would say, how can you kill something if it isn't home?? Are your thieves going to go hunting down someone's armies just to kill them then run all the way back home?
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yes. NS will kill army that is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Yes. NS will kill army that is out.
    Crap...lost that bet! Thanks boss man!
    - unknown

The damage to the away armies is just slightly less than the ones that are sitting home~
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

I like to post
    % wise if all other things are equal, it is slightly less as octo said. However, since def specs mostly sit at home and elites are out, in most cases (apart from halfers) you'll kill a lot more defense than offense.

Elites are the hardest to kill. They take less dmg from NS than specs. So if you are NS-ing entirely elite army(aka cow faery) it's going to be less effective than on entirely spec army(aka elf).

For NS where the army is located doesn't matter. Prop/NM dmg is done only on army at home.

I guess I looked at things too literal, as the guide didn't specify, unless i'm blind...which that is always possible :-p

Guess I nubbed it up and made a bad call in war :-p
    - unknown

Enthusiast
    It is a common misunderstanding. NS is IMO the strongest op in the game.

You can do some serious damage with some semi-coordinated NS efforts. Doesn't require single tic activity like NM waves. Isn't avoidable by army in/out like MS is. Relatively easy op to do and keeping armies out doesn't keep them safe.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    I guess I looked at things too literal, as the guide didn't specify, unless i'm blind...which that is always possible :-p

Guess I nubbed it up and made a bad call in war :-p
    NS used to target only troops home, but that was years ago.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

But it requires a lot of stealth to do 'serious' dmg.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    But it requires a lot of stealth to do 'serious' dmg.
    Not too much if you're considering 10+ provs joining the fun. My estimates put a full ns wave at about 25-30% offense killed (with 200-250 ops, some allowance for wt and nw range), pretty nice for something you can do every 12hr under favorable conditions. It works a lot better with combined arms, usually raze/massacre to open up and finish the target, and it helps to have attackers and thieves capitalize on the situation rather than just use thieves alone. Such a tactic usually means the attacker's defense is wiped out quickly, but with more offensive losses than a land chain.

Consider that it takes far fewer raze/massacre to start the process than it takes trads to execute a land chain, and it's a pretty efficient use of your gens/offense. It does pull from your t/m stealth though...
    Last edited by noobium; 04-05-2016 at 09:20.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    Not too much if you're considering 10+ provs joining the fun. My estimates put a full ns wave at about 25-30% offense killed (with 200-250 ops, some allowance for wt and nw range)...
    This is 400-500 stealth, 40-50 per prov. Which is a lot as I said. And those NS can't be done by everyone - you need provs with min. 1-1.5 mtpa above the target to have a good successful rate and not just wasting stealth(you mentioned favorable conditions).

I'm not saying it's not effective I'm just saying it requires a lot of stealth and your comment supports that :).

Post Fiend
    Theives will hunt down enemy troops in or out so it make sense. :)

Thread Information