Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey

Hey

New to this game, Hoping maybe someone can give me some pointers on how to start off and what i should be trying or looking to do.

Strategy Moderator
    if your 100% new, create a province and look at all the in game stuff. Don't get attached, your next step is to find a kd looking for players. Once you have an "idea" of what the in game stuff looks like and you found a kd that wants a "new" player i suggest joining them and using whatever form of chat program they use. you'll get the most outa the game being in a kd that want you to play with them :D

Before choosing a KD, think about how much time you can put in. Some kingdoms will want you accessible a lot during the day, not that you have to live online, but you have to be responsive in pretty short time from a text on your phone or whatever. Even casual kingdoms do that now. So just be clear on what you are agreeing to. It will make everyone (you included) happier.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Before choosing a KD, think about how much time you can put in. Some kingdoms will want you accessible a lot during the day, not that you have to live online, but you have to be responsive in pretty short time from a text on your phone or whatever. Even casual kingdoms do that now. So just be clear on what you are agreeing to. It will make everyone (you included) happier.
    Totally agree with that. KD requirements and youre own devotion will dictate where you will play and what level you want to play at :) I also suggest reading through the guide also. It has alot of good stuff in it.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Usedxsoul View Post
    New to this game, Hoping maybe someone can give me some pointers on how to start off and what i should be trying or looking to do.
    And don't let rude people put you off. Just reach out here and someone can help.

Once you're at 5 posts you can private message people in forum for more sensitive guidance if necessary.

Speaking for all of us, we're happy you've joined the game. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Ok thanks. Are dwarf tacticians any good?

Dwarves are not a good meta pick period, although Strat0castle will tell you otherwise because he likes to "experiment" :)
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Dwarves are not a good meta pick period, although Strat0castle will tell you otherwise because he likes to "experiment" :)
    Strato is also on something that Im pretty sure no one else has access to :-p
    - unknown

Oh alright, what about human sages?

Oh alright, what about human sages?
    Are you looking for a self sustaining attacking race?? And playing in the ghettos? Go UD/Sage or classic Orc/AV Cleric. UD Sage though works wonders ;-)
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Are you looking for a self sustaining attacking race?? And playing in the ghettos? Go UD/Sage or classic Orc/AV Cleric. UD Sage though works wonders ;-)
    I still can't wrap my head around how would a UD/Sage work.

UD tact if you want sustain, or Orc tact if you want damage. Good luck!! And welcome :)

If you're not happy in the first ghetto you random into, don't give up! Find somewhere you which is both socially fun to play in, and appropriate for the level of activity you're prepared to put in.
    Last edited by JohnnyReid; 31-05-2016 at 00:47.
    'Then he must get beard' - Mitch at 6:52am, 5.4.16, in response to 'he said "One day when I grow up I want to be like Mitch"' gg

Needs to get out more
    Dwarf tac is no good because you already get Clear Sight as a spell. The speed is nice, but it's difficult to use as efficiently as avian, human, orc and undead. Each have synergy with tac.

Human sage is nice if you delve into economy. They aren't resistant to ops/sabotage though so it's hard to bring it to fruition unless you grow a lot and that has inherent problems. Undead sage has utility as a weapon because they retain offense and can learn unfettered by exaggerated troop reductions. Orcs synergize in this way as well. The strat being that you use your learn attacks against high defense provinces like rogues and mystics.

Most of the guys here just run the builds we all know about. I run the ones we don't. ;-)
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

UD is a race that trades acres back and forth so how is the acre generating books thing gonna benefit UD? you get like maybe good acres for a while then once war comes its all chained down

Needs to get out more
    I think you'd agree that war hero is a superior fit for undead compared to sage. The out of war benefits are nice.

Tac is great in theory. It depends how willing the player is to take on intel. An active, independent undead tac would be ideal. I don't mean independent of kingdom, but run like a free safety.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information