Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reflect Magic

Reflect Magic

Does anyone else have issues with this spell not working in their favor? Even when I cast on a province that has RM up, it has a seriously-low success rate. The guide says: "20% of all spells cast on you are reflected back". Not the case with me. Does anyone else share in my frustration, both from casting or on the receiving-side of offensive spells?

I know whats wrong

t h e H E R E T I C S

Haha, I wish.

Veteran
    I haven't seen it be very effective this age, but I have reflected two spells so far. It feels just like trying to cast NB to clear plague. The average is 20% but it always feels less.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I was getting a little frustrated with it last age too so I decided to look into it. With my own data it was a little low (like 17% iirc) but nothing that suggests it's not working properly. I think the biggest problem is that people (myself included) expect it to do so much more than it's supposed to. 20% really isn't much

Regular
    Somehow it's always MSes that are reflected back at me :( But I don't think there's an issue with the reflecting %.

What I'd like to ask is whether all spells have an equal chance of reflecting? :P
    Colourless green ideas sleep furiously

Strategy Moderator
    when i have low wpa it seems like it doesnt work at all. When i had 40-50 mod wpa it was suuuper obvious that it was 20% Reflect rate. Reflect is rolled before success/failure so my news looked like
    reflect
    fail
    fail
    fail
    reflect
    reflect
    fail
    fail
    fail

20% was about right

Needs to get out more
    You ever send a message to the mystic that got his MS reflected back at him?

"why do you keep hitting yourself?" - orc humor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    A 20% success rate does not mean there is a running counter and 2 of every 5 spell attempts gets reflected back. A 20% success rate also means there is an 80% fail rate. The odds are never in your favor.

Post Demon
    it is a good spell even if it does not reflect 20% the point is to make people think twice before casting ops on you, and combined with a decent wpa it is quite good, the caster see a few fails and get a spell reflected, now will they try to cast mv or take the partial damage for dammaging you?

If they cast mv they will likely do that again next time when you do not have the spell up thus wasting a lot of runes. Wasting runes and have people think twice before blanketing you with meteors means the effect is far greater than the actual 20% of spells it is supposed to reflect.

Regular
    The funniest chain I've ever had happen to me was this:

MS reflected on me

MV reflected on me and removed meteors

MV got through, didn't get RM

MS got through

Yep RM can be pretty good.
    Colourless green ideas sleep furiously

Enthusiast
    Keep in mind 20% is the chance that nature's blessing takes to remove plague.

In comparison, reflect magic seems really good.

Needs to get out more
    I have a feeling these are a bunch of orcs trying to get mystics to come out of their shells. I got one last age like a wolf spider on a grasshopper ! Zapow !

Most attackers just accept MS. Cast love & peace and enjoy. I can imagine it's a bit worrisome for t/ms as they might dip into undead plaguearoni range. Cue Adagio for Strings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Had a string of FBs on me last war. Average reflect back was 11%. But sample size small. Like 20 casts between FB/MS/whatever else.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximII View Post
    A 20% success rate does not mean there is a running counter and 2 of every 5 spell attempts gets reflected back. A 20% success rate also means there is an 80% fail rate. The odds are never in your favor.
    Also, thinking someone didn't pass math class. 2/5 is 40%

does anyone else have a problem when casting against provinces with RM, that when u do get reflected, all your spells against them start getting reflected? it happened all last age for me - when ever i cast a spell against a provinces with RM and it was successfully reflected back onto me, no matter how many spells i cast on that province, it would always reflect. i tried about 5-10 spells, changing the spells and on a few different times that it was initially reflected, every single spell after the first reflect was reflected back to me from that province. the only thing that worked was changing the target. havent had a chance to see if its the same this age yet or not.

Thread Information