Thread: Ambushing an Orc this age

Ambushing an Orc this age

2534 orc elites attacked me... and I failed yesterday with an ambush - are calculations different this age? what to send and whats the formula?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    What did you send?

4055 breaks

How did u get that number? elites defense x amount sent x what? need formula so im not asking repeatedly :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    2534*2*.8

.8 is the ambush mod. Obviously include specs if they sent them

ty boss

Enthusiast
    pretty sure you need to still send the 104% on ambushes. IE sending the same amount of off as they have def can succeed or fail, just like a trad, 104= guaranteed success. 2534*2*.8*1.04 = 4217
    All hail Bart of Farta

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    pretty sure you need to still send the 104% on ambushes. IE sending the same amount of off as they have def can succeed or fail, just like a trad, 104= guaranteed success. 2534*2*.8*1.04 = 4217
    No random factor, but you do need to send 1 more off point than defense I believe.

So an ambushing an orc army of 500 elites:
    500*2*.8 = 800
    Send 801 offense to break.

Make sure you calculate raw offense, no modifiers. So if you're a halfling, and need to break an 800 defense ambush, send 101 o-specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Postaholic
    The exact 100% guaranteed number on a regular hit is 104.04 as confirmed by Bishop. On an ambush, you just have to send 1 point extra.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Enthusiast
    thanks for the correction on ambush calculation. so I gather if ambush off=def its 100% fails and if ambush off is +1 point then 100% success? Interesting that the random factor was taken out for just this one attack type.
    All hail Bart of Farta

Postaholic
    thanks for the correction on ambush calculation. so I gather if ambush off=def its 100% fails and if ambush off is +1 point then 100% success? Interesting that the random factor was taken out for just this one attack type.
    If you are sending the EXACT same offense as the defense, let's say you calculated the defense to be 2500 and you are going to send exactly 2500 offense, well yes you fail. They are equal, and equal cannot be more that the defense so you fail. If, on the ambush you send 2501, well then you successfully ambush because your offense was greater.

No random factor, no modifiers.

Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    If you are sending the EXACT same offense as the defense, let's say you calculated the defense to be 2500 and you are going to send exactly 2500 offense, well yes you fail. They are equal, and equal cannot be more that the defense so you fail. If, on the ambush you send 2501, well then you successfully ambush because your offense was greater.

No random factor, no modifiers.
    Interestingly enough, that logic isn't what applies to attacks in utopia lol

Needs to get out more
    I calculated ambush this age, which has been a while. Since the changes the Jillian's calc is dead. No biggy, I just miss having the small toys.

I think if you do actually ambush by one point then the green box message should mention randomly the name of the soldier to "win the day".

" Your forces yada yada...but Filbert won the day! "
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    Jill's a slacker. The lazy **** just zeroed out her ambush calculator. I have been on her case but ....... Maybe we should just kick her out of the kingdom until she fixes it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I calculated ambush this age, which has been a while. Since the changes the Jillian's calc is dead. No biggy, I just miss having the small toys.

I think if you do actually ambush by one point then the green box message should mention randomly the name of the soldier to "win the day".

" Your forces yada yada...but Filbert won the day! "

Thread Information