Thread: Tree of Gold

Enthusiast

Tree of Gold

Has anyone else noticed how useless tree of gold has become? 5k to 14k gc per cast makes it less than useful anymore. Anyone else have similar results?

get more pezzies! haha. It's still helpful if you're under drafted, not so much if you're drafted at 75% for war, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Enthusiast
    I was at 59% draft rate, 20% homes and 20% banks when I got those figures.

I like to post
    I dont mind having 30-35% extra income :)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximII View Post
    I was at 59% draft rate, 20% homes and 20% banks when I got those figures.
    Still that means your income is around 20k which means 4-5k peasants(I'm guessing about the peasants). Get more population(pop sci). Currently I'm with 9.9k peasants my income is 43k and my tog is 12-20k. The current tog is ok I think but the elites prize is insane which is another topic.

I like to post
    The elite prize is insane because a fully pumped fae is simply insane. But I can imagine esp in the lower tier pumping can be hard since you're getting randomed all the time, and fae elites have inflated NW.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I've got no complaints on ToG. It's not supposed to be used as a main income tool, just a nice little extra on the side.

Veteran
    ToG is fine now. It has been far too powerful for a long time. It needed a nerf
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    The elite prize is insane because a fully pumped fae is simply insane. But I can imagine esp in the lower tier pumping can be hard since you're getting randomed all the time, and fae elites have inflated NW.
    You have no idea about the randoms lol. Imagine being faery/sage and being learned that early in the age after a 20 hours in fort lol. The guy just wanted to kill 10% of my army... and he did it...

Needs to get out more
    You can suicide and learn them back. I ran a faery sage and it was all about attacking, lol. Sometimes you have to kick the crap out of a few attacker to let 'em know who's boss.

+809 Vortex Math (29/20)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    ToG is fine now. It has been far too powerful for a long time. It needed a nerf
    That's easy to say... unless your leets cost 1200 gc/unit. Nerfing the spell that makes the nerf'd cost of elites manageable. Is that the double-negative that made the situation positive?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximII View Post
    That's easy to say... unless your leets cost 1200 gc/unit. Nerfing the spell that makes the nerf'd cost of elites manageable. Is that the double-negative that made the situation positive?
    The point is that it is expensive to train a full elite defense. Even with ToG.

I like to post
    You have no idea about the randoms lol. Imagine being faery/sage and being learned that early in the age after a 20 hours in fort lol. The guy just wanted to kill 10% of my army... and he did it...
    True. That's why it's not such a good pick for lower tier (elf better). Faery needs time.

Postaholic
    Balancing ToG is hard, since ToG plays vastly different roles in different tiers. Old ToG was quite ok in war-tier where drafts had to be kept up throughout the age (no blanket CF protections). A lil nerf probably needed due to overpowered fort stance and long eowcf periods, but it was quite ok. It was however ridiculously overpowered in the whoring tier - now more balanced.

They fixed ToG where it was broken (top tier), and made it less powerful where it was not.

Broken thing fixed, no new brokenness has appeared - thus: change was good. ToG a lil less powerful though, so just as with any change, strategy needs to be adapted accordingly.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Thread Information