Thread: Confusion over Ending a War

Angry Confusion over Ending a War

When you are able to get a Kingdom down below 50% of your Kingdoms Networth during a War and the 7 days that are required for an automatic stoppage have passed, do you get a War Win when the game ends the War?

I know the game will end the War automatically after 7 Utopian Days of War, when your opponents Networth has dropped to below 50% of your own Networth. What I am confused about is whether the game will also give us the War Win and the other Bonuses that come with a War Win. OR does it end the War as if it were a StaleMate and not give us the War Win and not give us the other perks with Winning a War?

If the latter case is true, I would have to argue that it is totally unfair to the Kingdom that has the higher Networth. After they have put all of that time and effort into their War, the game should give them the War Win and the perks that come with that.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Nw wins do grant a war win. The only time war win bonuses aren't granted is when a war is started by kingdoms who are not in declare range

Thank you Palem.

There should be some editing done on the Wiki. It says the only way to Win a War is for the other Monarch to Withdraw. It makes it seem as if the game would stop the War after 7 days, if one Kingdom is 50% or less of the other Kingdoms Nw. But it kinda leaves it hanging about the War Win. The very next sentence says the thing about the only way to win a War.

Again, I appreciate the clarification on this Palem.

The "War will end automatically if opponents networth to 50% of others. This will only occur after a minimum of 7 days (1 Utopian year)." Is under the Withdrawal section where it also says "Withdrawing rewards the opposing kingdom with a war win that will show on their kingdom page."

Not the most clear, I agree, but it's there.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 14-06-2016 at 17:10. Reason: italics/bold

As far as I know, there is also a Mutual Peace button, in which both KD can agree to, but neither KD gets war rewards?

Forum Fanatic
    I don't think anyone uses MP any more.

Strategy Moderator
    I edited the wiki to help you

Withdrawal
    War will end automatically (your opponent will automatically withdraw) if your opponent's kingdom networth drops to 50% of yours. This will only occur after a minimum of 7 days (1 Utopian year).

And

Victory
    There is only one way to win - if the opposite Kingdom withdraw from war.
    War will end automatically (your opponent will automatically withdraw) if your opponent's networth drops to 50% of yours. This will only occur after a minimum of 7 days (1 Utopian year).
    Last edited by Persain; 14-06-2016 at 18:08.

We actually had a kingdom ask for an MP last war. First time I have seen that in a very long time.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    People still ask for a MP, but it's usually right before they surrender because they think they're being clever and trying to get out of their lost war without giving up a win to the other kingdom.

Just a question about double-NW war wins: when a KD drops to 50% of your NW, does it only occur at the tick or will it happen as soon as the game recognises that one NW is double the other? That is to say, if a chain in the middle of the tick drops the opponent KD's NW below half, will that trigger the win?

I like to post
    Good question. I think you will find out soon ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Good question. I think you will find out soon ^^
    I think we shall :D

I like to post
    Should write a post about that war Laurence. Ive been following it, quite an epic one ^^

Thread Information