Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thief~Mage Happiness Survey

Needs to get out more
    Great stuff guys.

Maybe you can trick your kingdom hybrids into admitting it to themselves and posting in the Hybrid Happiness Survey.
    If you know someone who's "confused" give them this number.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    I got a bunch of semi-hybrids in the kd. Halfer/Clerics. I don't think they're forum-goers though. You can get our loc if you wish to pm them in-game.

Needs to get out more
    @ Proceed. Sounds fantastic. I have to reload some motivation and I'll pm you. No hurry on either end. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

A) what do you play?

Halfer/Rogue in a ghetto.

B) how are you doing? (spare details that may endanger you :-)

I destroy all I set gaze upon.

C) any surprises, good or bad?

No, I'm the best.
    t h e H E R E T I C S

Regular
    A) What do you play?
    Faery/Rogue

B) How are you doing?
    Decent by most standards, awful by my own.

C) any surprises, good or bad?
    No, I knew this age would blow. Haven't wanted an age to be over this badly since the first age Gnomes and Dark Elves hit the scene.

A) Faery/Rogue

B) Middling

C) I'd stepped away from the game for many years, and decided to make a comeback this age. What a mistake. Strategy games are generally based on a rock, paper, scissors dynamic, and I've returned to find that it's only rock, and then everything else squirming beneath it. If you're not playing a hybrid or straight attacker, you're effectively not playing. Running 120DPA, 10% Forts, GP up, 150-200% wages, I still get broken by halflings 2/3rds my size, and lose near a tenth of my elites per attack. Everyone with any attacking capability (at least in the mid tier, where my KD is at) is running a bare minimum 2:1 O to D ratio; the only real defense anymore is the threat to hit someone back x4 if they smack you. Coupled with the removal of the war meter, this makes chaining brutal, easy, and the only viable tactic in war, which I can't imagine is a dynamic anyone can be enjoying (and I haven't even been the subject of a chain yet).
    Last edited by Kamistania; 19-06-2016 at 18:13.

Veteran
    Faery/Heretic. It's alright but I'm not loving it. Kinda focusing mostly on NM and a bit of ET, and other than that just 'filling in' general ops which I don't like a huge amount.

We've struggled with our faery rogues this age. They've been chained all 5 wars now and have never been able to recover during. They're having a rough age.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Veteran
    Just a yr 10 update

Still very happy with my elf rogue. The double land efficiency on towers and thief dens is just ridiculously good. It allows me to run max thief dens on over 100% BE so I lose almost no thieves on fails. The faery rogues in my kd have trouble keeping their tpa up at times, due to having to play with fewer homes and therefor lower BE and getting more losses on fails. We just fought a war where the opposing faery and halfling rogues tried to propaganda me. Jmiedema stated that would be a problem. It wasnt. Me being elf gave me the mwpa to expose their thieves and when they did get to spend their stealth, they still failed almost all the ops.

I usually pick unconventional race/persona's (I've played way too many orc warriors, halfling rogues and elf mystics), in recent ages I tried halfling tactician heavy attacker, halfling merchant attacker/togger, elf tactician a/m hybrid, human mystic a/m hybrid, elf merchant attacker/togger and dwarf tactician heavy attacker. Usually I end up having to admit that the standard race/persona's are more powerful. This is one of those rare occasions an experiment ended up being this stupidly strong and I'm outperforming the more standard faery and halfling rogues.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Post Fiend
    A) Halfer Rouge (first time in years)

B) Bad KD setup and leadership lead to a promising future to a ghetto. My province is solid and survived a full chain in war (it was actually easy to deter it).

C) eh.... its alright, I miss my elf rogue, but I must must admit the flexibility to maintain thief power in war is very huge even though its not a paper stat. I really wanted to be a heretic, its too bad as the will likely be nerfed next age. Out of all the t/m's and hybirds I play I feel halfers are finally in a good spot, but I still prefer elfs.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    Just a yr 10 update

Still very happy with my elf rogue. The double land efficiency on towers and thief dens is just ridiculously good. It allows me to run max thief dens on over 100% BE so I lose almost no thieves on fails. The faery rogues in my kd have trouble keeping their tpa up at times, due to having to play with fewer homes and therefor lower BE and getting more losses on fails. We just fought a war where the opposing faery and halfling rogues tried to propaganda me. Jmiedema stated that would be a problem. It wasnt. Me being elf gave me the mwpa to expose their thieves and when they did get to spend their stealth, they still failed almost all the ops.

I usually pick unconventional race/persona's (I've played way too many orc warriors, halfling rogues and elf mystics), in recent ages I tried halfling tactician heavy attacker, halfling merchant attacker/togger, elf tactician a/m hybrid, human mystic a/m hybrid, elf merchant attacker/togger and dwarf tactician heavy attacker. Usually I end up having to admit that the standard race/persona's are more powerful. This is one of those rare occasions an experiment ended up being this stupidly strong and I'm outperforming the more standard faery and halfling rogues.
    slightly off topic, but I am curious to know what mtpa you have and if you have any idea what the opposing rogues had? Running close to 90mtpa/15mwpa at the moment, and I have not faced a single province I was not able to break consistently.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thghost View Post
    slightly off topic, but I am curious to know what mtpa you have and if you have any idea what the opposing rogues had? Running close to 90mtpa/15mwpa at the moment, and I have not faced a single province I was not able to break consistently.
    to be fair not many people run that high, more often than not I don't see people getting more than 50mtpa (I don't fight in the top though and the higher warring tiers were 60-70's in the good players hands).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerviper View Post
    to be fair not many people run that high, more often than not I don't see people getting more than 50mtpa (I don't fight in the top though and the higher warring tiers were 60-70's in the good players hands).

The 'top' top can do different things than the rest can, as they are a) great players, and b) have cfs up so they can pump up in peace (and deep).

I would be interested to see a fully pumped Elf/Rogue at this time in the age.

Elf Rogue, 35ppa, Count honour, 100% channelling, 200% thievery sci

5 pes
    5 rwpa
    7 rtpa
    10 dspa
    8 epa

Maybe war build could include 15% tg and 10% stables. At 100% BE that would put you somewhere around:

5 pes
    5 rwpa (100% channelling, +30% wpa elf, +15% wpa from Count) = 15mwpa
    7 rtpa (200% crime + +65% tpa from td, +15% tpa from count, +10% tpa from invis) = 40mtpa
    10 dspa @ 130% DME = 85 dpa leets out, ~150dpa leets home
    8 epa @ 140% OME (inc count bonus/all gens/15% tg, all mounted) = 100 opa

So - if you do a good job of it, you can be pretty proficient in every area. Enough tpa to prop/AW enemy mystics, enough wpa to easily fb/nado core, and enough to ET enemy rogues (important!!), enough off to make multiple hits and enough def to tank up.

The problem I/we have historically found with this kind of setup is how easy it is to massacre. 3 massacres on it while troops are out and it's in bad shape. Maybe one of the guys running something like this right now can attest better to that than I can, but we ran 2 elf/rogues last age and both of them would get massed every war repeatedly.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

1) First time playing Faery/Rogue (always wanted to try it)

2) I think pretty well! We have a really fun KD. Most of the wars I've been marked as a threat (run pretty ridiculous tpa) and so enemy KD usually tries to find a way(or multiple ways) to deal with me...1 KD tried conq wave (really bad move)...recent KD bounce waved with remaining offense to drop my defense and expended hundreds of ops (literally 98% thievery fail on 500+ ops --- much better success with spells but still about 30% success rate) and managed to finally break me after 24+hrs of bouncing and ops and some good MVs. If I were able to be fully active I would've been able to respond better, but ya know life and work/school etc. Also I had to give my prov for someone to sit for nearly a week including about 2 days into pre-war/war...so it wasn't how I would normally have it set up and I spent the first 20hrs trying to make it my specific baby again which gave them enough time to actually succeed with this...

STILL -- started around 1850 acres, they've managed to chain me for about 1836, but I'm at 2200...(LL op). Easy to steal runes and cast with awesome wpa after chain. The major problem was the def loss. I didn't have time to build hospitals of course...so retraining took some sneaking around, patience, and some snipe props. Went from 220K def to 320K def in about 24hrs. (Which is UB again). Other information that pertains but will not disclose cause it's current lol.

The worst is as others have mentioned, oow...getting randomed by big kds (even if you properly retal and diplo etc) you still got hit and you still lost troops that are ridiculously expensive to retrain. Of course, late age those giant kds typically have billions of gcs laying around. I believe I stole 8 million with 40% stealth from fort stance at around 1600 acre size. Still annoying though. Been very prepared with schools, but I haven't actually been learned this age! Which is strange cause I'm always getting learned...but I keep a huge 20% with 115% BE so it protects pretty as much as possible.

3) It's fun! Rogue is my favorite as always (prop is my favorite). Not very surprised. However, I still prefer a hybrid T/a. Being able to attack oow is enjoyable. (more so than random thieving or sabotage). Rogue is definitely most fun IN war, but I enjoy having the attack power for oow. (Und/Rog all the way!).

Veteran
    Last war I was around 42 mtpa, 11 mwpa, 6 epa with 180 dpa with army home, 97% BE. Note, this is in an average ranked kingdom, so I didn't have the chance to pump sci to the max or have enormous honour. What I like mostly about elf rogue is how it's extremely easy to keep BE high, how nw efficient they are and cheap it is te keep the army up even through randoms with 2/3 of the army being specs and -30% losses. This makes it extremely suitable for longer wars which we do prefer and suitable for the ghetto life oow where half the server tries to prey on you.

I sat a faery rogue last war. It wasnt capable of getting that high BE and it lost a lot of thieves on ops as a result. Yes, it started out with higher numbers, but it couldn't keep up it's effectiveness throughout the mintime war, while elf has absolutely no problems doing that at all. I very much prefer the elf as rogue. I hope it'll still be a viable choice next age.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

I like to post
    Fae/rogue, ran about 130 mtpa and ~35 mwpa last war (excluding MF), 250 dpa. But I had 3.5K BPA sci :P

Thread Information