Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winning a war

Enthusiast

Winning a war

I have a question for everyone: What is the determining factor in war?

In over a decade of playing this game, in my experience, wars are won by gaining a significant lead in acres, and holding on to that lead for a day or two.

I ask because we are in a war and have been anywhere from 2,000 to 2,600 acres ahead of this other KD for almost 4 days now. They refuse to surrender because they feel their networth is the determining factor - and that they're winning. They have about the same networth as we do. It's easy for them to keep their NW as literally half of their kingdom are borderline unbreakable TM's.

As a collective opinion, what is the determining factor of a war? Is it still acres? Or is it now networth?

Withdraw up in acres while you can.

Enthusiast
    Next time you post here, try to make some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximII View Post
    Next time you post here, try to make some sense.
    He did. He said you should withdraw while you're up in acres.

Myself, I consider convincing the other part the deciding factor. Be it acres or nw or whatever but when you convinced and made them feel you won you won.

Leading with acres and being the same NW means you are losing - the other KD has better economy/army than you. How are the peasants? Who is with the better economy?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximII View Post

In over a decade of playing this game, in my experience, wars are won by gaining a significant lead in acres, and holding on to that lead for a day or two.

I ask because we are in a war and have been anywhere from 2,000 to 2,600 acres ahead of this other KD for almost 4 days now. They refuse to surrender because they feel their networth is the determining factor - and that they're winning. They have about the same networth as we do. It's easy for them to keep their NW as literally half of their kingdom are borderline unbreakable TM's.

As a collective opinion, what is the determining factor of a war? Is it still acres? Or is it now networth?
    I've never seen a WW while down 2600 acres. They're being ridiculous. Just keep pounding them. It sounds to me like they have been focusing on TM efforts. Start taking down their high NW provinces. Don't pussy foot around with massacres, just get their land. It will make them more powerful at first, but when their overpopped and have to release in order to send out thieves, and don't have any rune production, they will see the light. If your KD has good coordination, use a wave with a Ruby Dragon and nightmares on their biggest Rogue. Maybe Start stealing gold to pump up your provinces (depending on your KD setup). Let me know how it goes!
    Long live Mehul!

Strategy Moderator
    you have to be able to double their nw. If u cant do that you cant win, acres are meaningless.

Regular
    Acres mean nothing if your provinces can't grow into them. a 2k acre province with suppressed pez count and low troop count is just deadweight. If you are up in thousands of acres and are even NW, then they're probably just allowing your provs to bloat up while shelling them out. If I were you I'd withdraw now while you are ahead, before they cash in on their land banks.

EDIT: I should note that I've been in your situation a few times, where our KD was up 3-4k acres while being 100k NW ahead. However much of our land was locked in 4-5 provs that were shelled out beyond belief. We thought we were winning, but we ended up losing both our land and NW lead pretty quickly once they decided it was time to cash in on our fat provs.
    Last edited by shadoweminence; 11-05-2016 at 17:16.

I agree with Persain. Acres are just a byproduct of doing what it takes to win. I also agree with Folle, it sounds like you should withdraw up in acres while you can, cause it sounds like you wont have them for much longer.

Postaholic
    Acres are virtually meaningless unless they are being put on provinces that can retain them/keep from being TM shelled. They are about the last thing I look at when determining who is winning a war.

Enthusiast
    ye, you guys are about to get wrecked most likely
    -Gurch

I like to post
    The week before conflict starts.

Postaholic
    To me who is "winning the war" isn't based on where you currently are, but where the war is trending. If your 24-48h outlook is nothing but downhill (and there isn't any light at the end of that tunnel that would let you turn it around) then you have lost the war. If half of their kd is unbreakable, then they can find ways to get small amounts of land and build it up. Sure it isn't as fast as your (likely) major advantage in the low-mid tier attacking sector, but in the end when all that is left is small provs trading land back and forth, they will have unbreakable provs building bits of land, and you wont. This means they hold long term advantage over you.

So to me, the answer is neither KD NW or KD Land in relation to each other, but rather how much land/NW can be secured in such a way that the other kingdom cannot take it, as well as War Trends.

The most viking KD wins. Simple as that :D

Nah but, as many have said only being up in acres doesnt mean ur winning.
    Last edited by texn; 11-05-2016 at 19:35.
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

I've always been under the presumption that NW is all that matters when it comes to determining who's in the lead. I mean, the auto-win condition specifically states you need twice the enemy's NW for victory, so looking at acre count alone is misleading. As has been already said, if you're leading in acres for this long while still even in NW, then you'd be wise to cash out now while you still have that land. You'll get books from it too, so I wouldn't even view it as a loss.

What KD are oyu warring with? I'd love to see the war charts for this one lol.

Thread Information