Thread: Suggestions to improve warring

Veteran

Suggestions to improve warring

It's a lot harder to get wars this age than it was last age. Just like it was seen in previous ages when the devs experimented with it getting harder to get your province in the optimal state before war, it doesn't change when people feel they are ready for wars, it just changes how long it takes them to get to their desired optimum.

So please
    - reinstate double wizard pump in eowcf
    - make eowcf 96h again
    - make fort 72h again
    - reduce elite cost (Or if bishop still dislikes full elite armies, get a different mechanic to how they are trained, not just increase the time it takes to get to a full elite army)
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Nahhhh, adapt or die! everyone sitting in Fort and CF is boring, at least with shorter protection time there is greater potential for wars to start. I would even suggest making it 48h between Forts, quit hiding back there!
    Last edited by RattleHead; 17-05-2016 at 11:43.

Postaholic
    It's always been hard to find wars.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

No, no, no, yes.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    So please...
    I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    It's always been hard to find wars.
    My memory disagrees with that too.

My memory from 8 to 10 years back wars were much easier. Especially when you could declare hostile and then wars would start automatically when the meter hit reach an easy to achieve number.

If the developers build forced wars into the game we would not need any bonus at the end of the wars because you do not need to entice kingdoms to accept. Here is a rule set I stole from another game:

If your target kingdoms meets the following conditions, your monarch can declare a forced war as long as the the following conditions are met:
    - You have not beaten them already in war.
    - They have more war points than you.
    - They are within 100%-110% networth range.
    - Your relations meter on them must be less or equal to their meter.
    - Your kingdom has less or equal provinces.
    - You cannot declare until 72 utopia days after your last war concluded.

If these conditions are met it is regarded as an automatically accepted War, with the important difference that the war starts in 36 + a random 1-24 utopia days.

Enthusiast
    Personally I disagree with each one of those suggestions. What makes the game more challenging and more fun to play is when its tougher and you have to prepare for a wide variety of scenarios. To just press a button and black magically (like that song :)) be war ready is just silly and takes a whole strategy component away from the game.

Double wizard training, long eowcf and long fort helps make the game one dimensional as described.

Thread Information