Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attacker Happiness Survey

Needs to get out more

Attacker Happiness Survey

Hello, again.

Before we get started, I'd like to thank the players who've shared their experiences as t/ms. Thank you.

Now..

If you're playing an attacker I want to know how you're enjoying your role this age. This can be any attacker type from killer to core, from mundane to exotic. There will be a separate survey for hybrids so please be patient if your a triple fisted chimera.

This is the 2nd of a 3 part series. Please answer the 3 questions below:

A) what do you play?

B) how are you doing? (spare details that may endanger you :-)

C) any surprises, good or bad?

Thank you for your participation.

The next survey will address hybrids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    A) Halfling/Heretic

B) I started two weeks late and my province is a hot mess. Been getting my ass kicked left and right.

C) No not really. I can see the potential but it's hard to realize.

It's a good thing I'm not soloing Halfer. Solo Halfer bad, bad.

A) Orc / Cleric

B) decent i think, i'm new this age, but so far this game has been thorougly interesting

C) none, not much guidance from my kd though, we just do our own stuff

a Undead WH
    b Doing swell for Monarch in a genesis KD. I have killed 14 farms+ We got some swell defectors and good startups. We may even get a WW some day.
    c long return times. Diplomacy is hard.

A) Avian/Cleric

B) Overall good this age. Don't like the attack times on AV though, as during war I balloon up with acres and unable to grow into them, then get chained to CRAP :-p

C) No surprises on my end....yet
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I guess this is where I fall into more than anything else...

A. Fae/Her

B. I'm doing alright. Been the target of a few hurt butts that has set me back a couple times, but ghettos gonna ghetto, including me lol. I planned on stealing war horses to mostly "fund" my ponies, but I've found myself too lazy to do it. Also trying to keep my NW nice and low my keeping my province stocked up on the lowest nw-units available (Off specs+thieves), and splitting my defense between def specs and elites.

C. I'm fairly surprised how easily I've gotten enough enough offense to either break TMs or keep up double taps against attackers (more so the TM-breaking than being able to double attackers)

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by LochNess View Post
    A) Orc / Cleric

B) decent i think, i'm new this age, but so far this game has been thorougly interesting

C) none, not much guidance from my kd though, we just do our own stuff
    Welcome to the game. I'm not the mechanical guy, but if you ever want help just ask. Or you could just ask Bart; he's here a lot. There are good people here, but they love to troll and act like predatory pack animals, but they're good :-)

@ Palem. Wow. I'm impressed you can t/m break. - Ghetto people need pills, top people take them.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 19-05-2016 at 20:54.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Just to clarify, I probably don't stand much chance against a well-pumped TM, but my breaking point is enough to catch TMs that may be growing or transitioning

Regular
    A) Dwarf/Sage
    B) Doing good at the moment, have been through two wars and I'm seemingly left alone which has allowed me to hit regularly without repercussion. I have fairly decent science at the moment with the major ones (income, BE, and pop limit) being at almost 100BPA each. Curious as to how I will fair as a chain victim, almost looking forward to it so I can run some libs!
    C) I'm surprised at how great an economic bonus free builds is during war, it allows me to keep my build strats where I wouldn't have been able to as another race. Really surprised at how effective swapping in a higher % of a certain building has been (swapped in an extra 10% Racks and an extra 10% hosps) to keep pressure on when running 3-4 hits per 9-10 hours.

A) undead/tact
    b) played the early ages and decided to come back after maybe 15 years. im doing okay, went by unscaved the first wave but being limited in the second war.
    C) im a bit surprised how TMs can be made to be so over powered. being able to stack riots and greed, after killing 90% of their peasants is pretty much a war win

Needs to get out more
    Welcome back, crudx4. Yeah, the ghetto I'm in is becoming aware of the reason you mass/raze t/ms. Acres are cool till you meet a t/m with mana, runes and stealth. We're in that empty acres learning curve right now, but I think it's sinking in. - Have fun shaking off the rust and thank you for your observation.
    ________
    Weed bowls

A) what do you play?
    Fae/Mystic

Presently dominating the attacker scene in spite of not being a tactician like a sensible person.

I am constantly surprised by the ineptitude of the KDs I interact with. It's the one thing that seems to remain constant in 'topia and I seldom take time to appreciate it.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

A) what do you play?
    Avian Cleric

Doing quite fine now that I realized I still have to run hospitals even with the Cleric bonus, for longevity wars.

Surprised they allow Avians to use Horses, also Surprised that MP and GP can both be used simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Welcome to the game. I'm not the mechanical guy, but if you ever want help just ask. Or you could just ask Bart; he's here a lot. There are good people here, but they love to troll and act like predatory pack animals, but they're good :-)

@ Palem. Wow. I'm impressed you can t/m break. - Ghetto people need pills, top people take them.
    Thanks! Actually, we do have guidance. I was exaggerating a bit. I meant we weren't competitive like what I read on the forums about setting alarms in the middle of the night to follow wave schedules and stuff :D It's still awesome though!!

I'll remember to ask on the forums about other strategy stuff later! This game is pretty varied, I like it.
    Last edited by LochNess; 20-05-2016 at 03:43. Reason: Spelling

a - UD/Tact
    b - The best on server
    c - No its basic and it sucks, nothing but a plague spreading intel whore.
    t h e H E R E T I C S

Thread Information