Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Mechanics and Strategies

Veteran
    Bishop has confirmed before that pat affects prop gains. I think Persain may have collected data before supporting it as well.

Edit:
    Bishops confirmation
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...435-Patriotism

Regular
    The pat/prop thingy is also mentioned in the guide iirc

Post Fiend
    So if you have 1000 acres and 30% homes, your population is:

1000*25*1.1 + 3000 = 30.5000
    I'm assuming that 1.1 is 10% pop sci?

Home/race pop is added to your total pop before it is multiplied by science and honour, in which case:
    [(1000 x 25) + 3000] x 1.1 = 30800

I usually calculate homes as a % and add on the pop/a to the total, eg: 10% homes = +1 pop/a, 25 pop/a + 1 pop/a (from homes) = 26 pop/a

My stats:

Halfling/sage
    Acres: 880
    Homes: 19.9%
    Sci: +10.5% Population Limits
    Honour: Lord (+1% pop)
    Max Population: 29447
    Pop/a: 33.46

880 x (25 [base] + 3 [race, +12% pop] + 1.99 [homes]) x 1.105 [sci] x 1.01 [honour] = 29453.89876
    Actual: 29447
    Calculated: 29454
    Difference: +7 (0.024% margin, rounding errors)

I like to post
    I'm assuming that 1.1 is 10% pop sci?
    It is the racial bonus. I assumed no sci there :)

Postaholic
    Total pop = (((built acres * 25) + (barren acres * 15) * Racial bonus) + homes acres * 10) * Sci bonus * honor bonus

Another way of typing it :)
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    It is the racial bonus. I assumed no sci there :)
    Oh, it is 12% actually, 1.12, not 10%. Simple +3 pop/a.

I like to post
    Thanks tadpole/diealready! Will edit.

Postaholic
    Ambush Calculation, May want to include how aggression is a modifier that is not affected in ambush calc.

Nightstrike Calculation. I think Thieves to send is based on "stacks" of troops. and soldiers home would be 1 stack, soldiers away a seperate stack, but if all are home they combine to be 1 stack.. Same with Elites. If soldiers are the largest overall stack you send # of soldiers/6. If ospecs or dspecs or elites are the largest stack it is the stack # divided by 5.

Example:So if they are fully home and they have 6000 soldiers, 8000 dspecs and 10000 elites, elites is the largest stack so you divide by 5 and send 2000 thieves. However if they have 6000 soldiers home, 8000 dspecs home, 5000 elites home, and 5000 elites away, elites are no longer the biggest stack, dspecs are, so you divide the dspec stack by 5 and send 1600 thieves.

I believe that the stack method is the most accurate?
    Last edited by jmiedema; 20-05-2016 at 15:02.

Postaholic
    May also want to include something about Elite Conversion stats and optimization

I like to post
    If people have the exact mechanics for elite conversion I will put them in. Thanks for the comment on the stacks. I understand it better now will include it.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    If people have the exact mechanics for elite conversion I will put them in. Thanks for the comment on the stacks. I understand it better now will include it.
    Yea I'm sure it is somewhere. I know it is based off the gains formula, but also has a sliding conversion scale between 10-20% conversion based on the % of your (attacking) army that is ospecs (Pretty sure horses don't matter for this just leets/ospecs/soldiers).

Example if you send a 100% ospec army against a province that is exactly your size, in a kingdom exactly your size, and not in fort and no GBP, then you will convert 20% of your ospecs to leets.

I am not sure though which gains formula is used, whether it is the land gains formula or the honour gains formula, because obviously there are many situations where fort/gbp etc affect land gains moreso than honour gains.

I havent played war hero, so havent used this since it was an undead thing, but I believe oversending also affects the # of conversions (meaning it is not beneficial to massively oversend in your attacks to get more conversions)
    Last edited by jmiedema; 20-05-2016 at 17:31.

Enthusiast
    How about some guidelines for MWPA and MTPA advantage needed for combat spell success? If formulas are known thatd be great, but general guidelines would be great too. something like droughts needs 2x the wpa for roughly 3/4 success, MS needs 3x for 3/4 success, etc (just throwing some numbers, their not accurate).
    All hail Bart of Farta

I like to post
    Added bouncing hits. If people know more ways or got tips, lemme know!

jmiedema
    Example if you send a 100% ospec army against a province that is exactly your size, in a kingdom exactly your size, and not in fort then you will convert 20% of your ospecs to leets.

If they are in fort you get no conversion or just less?

Quote Originally Posted by Skank View Post
    jmiedema
    Example if you send a 100% ospec army against a province that is exactly your size, in a kingdom exactly your size, and not in fort then you will convert 20% of your ospecs to leets.

If they are in fort you get no conversion or just less?
    I'm pretty sure that as fort reduces overall gains, this reduction also applies to conversions.
    "Because of the implication"

Thread Information