Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Mechanics and Strategies

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    I'm pretty sure that as fort reduces overall gains, this reduction also applies to conversions.
    Not quite... fort has different rules patched in. Fort I think reduces converts by 50-75% instantly (doesn't seem to matter whether bonus fades in). Before the patch, fort converts were as good as any other, and I don't think anything has changed.
    GS, Orc bonus, and so on do not have any effect.

I haven't played a race with spec converts in like forever so someone who uses that more might have better information.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    Not quite... fort has different rules patched in. Fort I think reduces converts by 50-75% instantly (doesn't seem to matter whether bonus fades in). Before the patch, fort converts were as good as any other, and I don't think anything has changed.
    GS, Orc bonus, and so on do not have any effect.

I haven't played a race with spec converts in like forever so someone who uses that more might have better information.
    Yeah, it's not something I have come across so was under the impression that the same rules applied to conversions as they did gains. The question then is, at what rate do the conversion gains lower, and at what % is the max reductions in spec conversions from fort.
    "Because of the implication"

I like to post
    Would be nice if any war heroes among us could keep track of the numbers. Strato playing WH :D ?

Keep it going guys. If you got interesting strategies you want to share with the community, please post em here so I can include them :)

Postaholic
    If you want to snipe war horses as soon as someones troops get home, take a SoM after their troops get home or the game won't "register" that they're home and you won't target them (doesn't happen all the time, but if you're getting fewer than you should, take a SoM and it should correct itself).

Raze in war targets barren acres as well as built, so just cause the number are big and sexy it may not be as damaging as you think. (Believe this is the same for tornadoes also)

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Raze in war targets barren acres as well as built, so just cause the number are big and sexy it may not be as damaging as you think. (Believe this is the same for tornadoes also)
    Should be renamed a "sometimes raze."
    "Because of the implication"

Forum Fanatic
    i think raze in war doesn't target under construction buildings either

Regular
    Bart: Thanks for this thread! Plenty of gold nuggets that will help us lesser tier leaders to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    i think raze in war doesn't target under construction buildings either
    My experience recently is that it does target buildings under construction, only happened to notice it once, when i had nothing but 'in progress' buildings

Just picked something out, Horsies are actually 0.6*Offence*#Horses. I don't have any at the moment to confirm, but I am also pretty sure that soldiers can be calc'd as 0.75*(off value+defvalue)

thanks for sharing this compiled information.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Would be nice if any war heroes among us could keep track of the numbers. Strato playing WH :D ?

Keep it going guys. If you got interesting strategies you want to share with the community, please post em here so I can include them :)
    Sorry, I'm playing cleric till plague immunity moves again. - I hope this offers insight insofar as my mechanics; everything else can be addressed through outscrewing everyone else :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I like to post
    I know strato, you're a sustainer, and a pretty damn good one. This is why your tactics are ideal for solo-play or tanky provinces. Wouldn't want to see you playing an Orc though!

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    I know strato, you're a sustainer, and a pretty damn good one. This is why your tactics are ideal for solo-play or tanky provinces. Wouldn't want to see you playing an Orc though!
    I've had great experiences playing orcs.

The first time I played one in war I felt nearly invincible. In nw zone fashion, I conceded top control to take a high mid position. After chaining 4 attackers down, I even let a dwarf hit me at max just to let him enjoy the experience before chaining him down. Relay taps arrayed with orc offense is a sight to behold. I was in post civil war Incarnation. The queen was a smart cookie.

The next experience I was in The Core vs 3 opponents; 2 dwarf sage and an undead tac in war. Simply mopped the floor with the sages and the undead tac was getting the brunt of the big stuff. I was measuring the dwarves with mass just to keep those sage numbers from scaling. That was oop and I came away 330 acres in the plus side. The Core has a good monarch in a tough environment. I like the guy and his actives.

Last age I was under control so the only ad-lib attack was the first mass on one of your Spartan human. You guys had great reaction to the first incursion and the second mass was under orders. Still, I enjoyed the war despite it's short duration.

- All in all I've always felt a bit spoiled running orcs so I try not to role them when I run independently.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 29-05-2016 at 19:25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Razing in war is affected by +hrs and other gains modifiers I think. I did a +1 hr on a 172% nw guy in war, he was at 1983 acres and I razed 531, or 26.78% of his total acres. NOT a flat 20%.

I like to post
    Thansk for confirming dieaready. I had the same feeling the last few ages. Last age we ran human banks and their razes were significantly smaller than those of our orcses.

Are offensive spells affected by guild % or are they only affected by mod wpa? I am assuming NW difference plays a role in success?

Thread Information