Thread: Faery - War Hero - Attacker

Regular

Faery - War Hero - Attacker

Feasible?

I was wondering whether using specs for attack, free spec-credits and the elite conversion of War Hero can function as an effective pseudo economic boost.

Not doing any offensive spell casting, solely using having all spells available for defensive purposes.

Thievery when it allows, mainly supplement runes, kidnaps etc.

It is an interesting idea but of course, if it is a belly flop then interesting ideas quickly turn sour.

Would be keen to hear what some of you more wise people think!

What would the pump build and a war build look like for this setup?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's feasible, but WH is a bit of a non-bo since you're losing a lot of offense from conversions with every attack you make.

Confident fae 154opa @ 80dpa
    Timid fae 133opa sendable @ 80dpa
    Swag fae 333opa sendable @ 80dpa
    A fae pumping sci
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Regular
    What do you mean non-bo, Palem? Yes I didn't think about the losing offense due to conversions. At least free spec-credits makes it easier to retrain, after all it is the elite that breaks the bank.

What is that based on Octobrev? Faery/Sage?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    A non-bo is a combination that works against itself, like an attacker losing offense as a result of attacking lol

Regular
    Would you say that the trade off of losing specs to elites and getting free spec-credits is worth it considering it functions as free, expensive elites?
    Also even if having to pay for specs, they are cheap.

Forum Fanatic
    changing a 6/0 ospec into a 5/9 elite is a buff, not a nerf. you get most of the raw offense and a huge improvement to defense on every hit.

faery smacking stuff is quite doable. the elite defense makes it possible, and their elites are slightly better than elf's in total power (14pt instead of 13). the nw of beasties can make this strategy problematic.

if i have prince honor i'm probably weighing more towards defense anyway. the OME mods at that point are so great that beasties' poor nw is less of an issue, but everyone and their mother is going to want your honor. i'd prefer to put the troops to extra wizards and thieves, not so much to ospec.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I think it just depends how you're playing it. I'm playing mine trying to keep my nw as low as possible, so obviously converting low nw specs into high nw leets is bad on a few levels whereas if you're playing something like octo has set up then converting leets isn't a big deal

All the ones I posted were war heros. Faes just need scale to compensate for their inferior military numbers. The NW isn't so relevant in war-stance since you're hitting the minimum gain before 75% of provnw anyway. It serves to protect from thievery ops to some extent if you can put a gap between the enemy T/M tier and yourself. The elite off/defense is naturally resistant to NS and practically immune to NM as well.

The only inherent bonus WH has that's relevant is the honor modification. Entering conflict short on defense with aspirations of training it via conversions is a suicide mission~
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    The only inherent bonus WH has that's relevant is the honor modification.
    That's correct and it's useful when you are above viscount(if I remember correct). I don't think a prince/duke/marquis who sits on 80-90 dpa will have his title for long...

Regular
    Surely Dragon immunity in wars is handy no? - Gold dragons can be a right crippler at times!
    Also utilizing the elite conversion seems like a very valid approach. I am sure if you worked out the maths there is an optimal distribution of elites and attack specs to have both have enough defense and enough offense to utilize the mechanic to its maximum efficiency?

Has anyone ever worked that one out?
    Last edited by Fallow; 25-05-2016 at 00:36.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    A non-bo is a combination that works against itself, like an attacker losing offense as a result of attacking lol
    I read that as "not a Bo Derek; not a 10."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information