Thread: Interesting things

Interesting things

This is very interesting.

After war with normal situation me 2100 acres well defended province on small kingdom with 5 players after killing 12 inactive from beginning of age and some defection. No hits under normal situation for awhile.

But when we were just ready to go to War and out Warsign on Kingdoms banner, started hits come constantly upon me and dropped to 1300 acres of land and all hits from big 5-12 million points Kingdoms. Are they Multies who mess-up or why it is happening just then every time?

It jut is impossible for us small kingdoms to plan wars or even have decent wars when this happens frequently just before every war we have had, and not only this age but before too.

So I propose one more thing to next age to make this game so that small kingdoms players dont quit the game and we can also play: Make it so that Kingdoms players can not hit if their Kingdoms networth is 50% bigger or smaller. This would help a lot small kingdoms to grow also and have wars and fun. As it starts to be furstrating to play the game when every time you woild be able to play you are kicked down for to be able not to play.

Also if making this 50% thing happen. It would help this game to grow because then these 12 million point kingdoms would be forced to hit and fight with closer range Kingdoms and can not outrun others which would make this game more active. Truth is that if we 5 provinces kingdom would and we have answered those 12 million kingdoms attacks, they just lauhch 20 hit upon us which we can not answer in any way with 3 attackers.

Also it would help middle size Kingdoms to grow into bigger fight and make it more difficult these 25 players Kingdoms to control the game.

One more thing for next age: When this age started we got 22 provinces filled-up 12 of them never wrote anything on Forum, said nothing on chat or build practicly anything and trained anything after first days. This ridiculous as it is clearly someone in Utopia is making these provinces to fill-up Kingdoms with inactive to prevent Kingdoms which has more free space to get active players. What ever it is game should automatically delete provinces which are not trained or build all acres when OOP happens. Or give Monarch button right OOP to delete them.

And yes we were defending Wall during killing those inactive so that we would not be filled again at start with an other 12 inactive. Well after taking wall down we have not got any new for last weeks, so is there a bug that after you put Wall one time, and end it, you never get new randoms into Kingdom? Or is it so that if Kingdoms goes too small randoms dont get in?

Ok enough for now this talk. Taika has Spoken :)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomenniemi View Post
    This is very interesting.

After war with normal situation me 2100 acres well defended province on small kingdom with 5 players after killing 12 inactive from beginning of age and some defection. No hits under normal situation for awhile.

But when we were just ready to go to War and out Warsign on Kingdoms banner, started hits come constantly upon me and dropped to 1300 acres of land and all hits from big 5-12 million points Kingdoms. Are they Multies who mess-up or why it is happening just then every time?

It jut is impossible for us small kingdoms to plan wars or even have decent wars when this happens frequently just before every war we have had, and not only this age but before too.

So I propose one more thing to next age to make this game so that small kingdoms players dont quit the game and we can also play: Make it so that Kingdoms players can not hit if their Kingdoms networth is 50% bigger or smaller. This would help a lot small kingdoms to grow also and have wars and fun. As it starts to be furstrating to play the game when every time you woild be able to play you are kicked down for to be able not to play.

Also if making this 50% thing happen. It would help this game to grow because then these 12 million point kingdoms would be forced to hit and fight with closer range Kingdoms and can not outrun others which would make this game more active. Truth is that if we 5 provinces kingdom would and we have answered those 12 million kingdoms attacks, they just lauhch 20 hit upon us which we can not answer in any way with 3 attackers.

Also it would help middle size Kingdoms to grow into bigger fight and make it more difficult these 25 players Kingdoms to control the game.

One more thing for next age: When this age started we got 22 provinces filled-up 12 of them never wrote anything on Forum, said nothing on chat or build practicly anything and trained anything after first days. This ridiculous as it is clearly someone in Utopia is making these provinces to fill-up Kingdoms with inactive to prevent Kingdoms which has more free space to get active players. What ever it is game should automatically delete provinces which are not trained or build all acres when OOP happens. Or give Monarch button right OOP to delete them.

And yes we were defending Wall during killing those inactive so that we would not be filled again at start with an other 12 inactive. Well after taking wall down we have not got any new for last weeks, so is there a bug that after you put Wall one time, and end it, you never get new randoms into Kingdom? Or is it so that if Kingdoms goes too small randoms dont get in?

Ok enough for now this talk. Taika has Spoken :)
    I second this, **** the police
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

There is a recruitment section on your login. you guys, all 5 of you should consider going elsewhere. Chat, protection, strategy, aid, its all in other more full KD.
    OR stay where you are and get hammered. The ' target finder ' is your real enemy.

I'm gonna say don't put war agreed on your banner. There has been to many cases of fake tagging. And when I see war agreed I see free acres. I don't however condone it. I personally check news and stuff. Just don't tag it. Keep kd business in kd.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

I like to post
    War agreed tags only work if people respect the tag that comes before it.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    ^what those two are saying

All a "War Agreed" tag says to me is "I'm busy so I'm probably not going to retal!"

I like to post
    Suomen. A thing that woks is keep a list of all those that hit into your war preparation and hit into their next war prep/hostile. I cannot guarantee straight success, but after a few ages most will have gotten the memo.

Needs to get out more
    Yeah, but don't be put off. If you've run alone or in small numbers you can retal the bigs and make life miserable for them. All in all I can agree with your proposed mechanics in the interest of player retention. I don't like messing with mechanics and prefer players adapt to their situation. I'm speaking from experience as a solo player in a kingdom shell. My endeavors didn't include war, I simply went out to constantly improve my province.

As a solo province I encountered 100s of random attacks and stayed vigilant retaliating the big kingdoms in particular. I'm not opposed to large kingdoms and respect their race for the crown. My reasons were several fold but my focus was that I went solo as a challenge and that means facing the best and not running. The threat to raze my province was a constant from every kingdom on the server because I was just one guy. Thus, fear was not a factor.

Later in the age a friend joined the kingdom which improved intel gathering but stance switches got a little fuzzy because we were each encountering unique challenges.

As a practice I don't random, I only retaliate. I've played this style since age 60(?) as far as I can remember. If ordered to hit specific targets I'll do that, but otherwise mind my own business till war. Conventional wisdom dictates a nonaggressive player will fall behind but that isn't the case. I actually pump the breaks most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    It's not interesting. a 5 player kingdom is nothing more then food for the rest. If you don't want to put effort in building your own team, take Skank's advice.

Ill echo what others have said. Dont tag war agreed, its a sign for free acres. And, retal those overly large kingdoms 1-1. They wont hit you enough to give you unfriendly. As long as you dont take it too far and make it worth their time to send a full wave of attacks, you are well within your means to retal them one to one.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Just to illustrate why I ignore kingdom tags, I've been hit recently by three kingdoms. Two are tagged as "war agreed PSO". One is tagged as "hostile PSO."

Enthusiast
    saying that players just need to deal with it or join bigger stronger kingdoms is a cop out. IDK about forbidding hits (and robbing/ops) at certain nw range because that could be abused. However the current gains modification for kds hitting way oor is terrible. KD range should affect all hits/ops the same way fort/eowcf does and should be much stricter than it is now. Hitting kds in war range should give full gains, outside of war range it should drop drastically hitting 50% gains at 50% nw and 0% (well minimum gains) at 30% NW.

encouraging kds to hit other kds in range for possible war promotes excitement and activity. Bottom feeding being more rewarding, easier, and safer makes for a stale game.
    All hail Bart of Farta

Can someone cliff that wall of text for me?
    t h e H E R E T I C S

Enthusiast
    I was actually one that hit you while i was sitting another province. I back what everyone above have said, dont tag war. Also the best way to prevent hits is running super high off. I would not have hit you if your offense was higher.

Thread Information