Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: discussion on increasing competitiveness

discussion on increasing competitiveness

Greetings everyone I recently made a post in the suggestions but figured like no1 checks there. While thinking about it I decided that I was interested in how the community would the right way to go in this matter.
    I have seen the player pool decline drastically and with them the gap between the top tier and bottom tier kds has become an issue. I think the easiest way to fix this is just to lower the max provs allowed into a kd to say 20. Which would create more kds to interact with and would also slightly reduce the gap between a top kd and a newer kd

Example you have probably around 100 kds with at least 22 provs so if you shortened them to 20 you would have 5 new kds active and ready to go. I may be alone in my thoughts but more quality kds = more fun

That's how it was not long ago I think, it didn't work and it was reverted to how it is now if I am not mistaken, others will confirm/dispute.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Dispute.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Yeah i wasnt sure i just returned this age after taking a break for a few years and wasnt sure if it ever changed during my time off

I like to post
    For a long time I thought the same and would argue with Bishop about this. But he's right. You'd probably have more happy players if you'd increase the number of players in a KD rather than lower it. There are only so many people who have the people skill, and more importantly willingness, to invest time into making a Kingdom work.

Seems logical at first. However a lot of the problem is with turnover especially in the lower tier. I think the problem may actually be amplified in this case. If you have a kingdom with 20 provs, and you lose 3 players, then youre more shorthanded as compared to a 25 player kd who loses 3.
    Your suggestion sounds logical at first, but it is based on the assumption that making the kingdom size smaller automatically will mean the lower tier will consolidate into groups that wont experience people leaving without being replaced.

Bring back gen server
    t h e H E R E T I C S

I've thought of this for a little while but I'm open to the criticism of this idea.

If you can add and subtract hours to attacks now, how about adding an option to have a pre-set attack that could happen with 1-3 ticks with a large penalty on returns (to punish you for not being online).

Needs to get out more
    It'd be cool if people would stop telling me what to play, use a bot and get a chat. Then I'd join a top. Oh, and what to do to. I don't like that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Strat0 join me then :) - All i request is whatsapp to communicate, if i want your intel ill grab it myself.

Always liked your play style.

Oh and gotta be in theme!! "We dislike lack of Taylor Swift gifs" :P
    War is what happens when language fails.

Ummm derp, I read OP as limit the number to which the KD fills to 20 not as max provs in a KD to 20.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by RiftNinja View Post
    Greetings everyone I recently made a post in the suggestions but figured like no1 checks there. While thinking about it I decided that I was interested in how the community would the right way to go in this matter.
    I have seen the player pool decline drastically and with them the gap between the top tier and bottom tier kds has become an issue. I think the easiest way to fix this is just to lower the max provs allowed into a kd to say 20. Which would create more kds to interact with and would also slightly reduce the gap between a top kd and a newer kd

Example you have probably around 100 kds with at least 22 provs so if you shortened them to 20 you would have 5 new kds active and ready to go. I may be alone in my thoughts but more quality kds = more fun
    You are correct. No one reads there as this has been suggested many times and isnt going to happen anytime soon.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Yeah I wasnt legit trying to say like do this. It was more an example of 1 of my thought on the growing problem and I was trying to leave the floor to other suggestions because im sure there has to be other far more experienced then myself that would have better ideas then myself.

I like to post
    It's a good idea RiftNinja. The major problem I have with making kingdoms smaller is that the number of good KDs is limited not by the number of good players but the number of good leaders. I've found that the difference between a top KD and a good warring tier KD is mostly 1 top guy in charge and 3-4 people around him. The average level of core players in the top isn't much higher and quite often actually significantly less motivated/active than those that are found in the war-tier.

Lowering KD-sizes would only really have an effect on dynamics when you reduce them significantly (to let's say 10-15). That however would change the entire dynamic of the game and would require serious patching and balancing to make work.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Mostly what Bart is saying.

Also, every suggestion is read. Lack of feedback on this particular suggestion is likely because it's been suggested a lot and it's always the same arguments back and forth

Thread Information