Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: General Election Crapfest

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    This is accurate.
    I've noticed. :p

Which is a shame as most Americans I know love their country and are very patriotic.

Which would make you think they would realise that the driver of their system is grass roots House of Representatives votes.

And the SC. Not the POTUS.

Forum Fanatic
    Americans also know - on some level - that Congress is almost all corrupted by money, which is why popular opinion has near-zero impact on law. The system has become ossified to the point where no one expects anything else. I know for certain I wouldn't trust any of my representatives for ****. Unfortunately the two-party system really churns out crap candidates in Michigan, at the local/state level especially. This place is a goddamned wasteland politically, even by US standards - kinda expected when the state is literally run like a dictatorship.

When I did take civics I don't think the EC tie came up, or I forgot that part. Then again I was in a school for ****ed up people so it's not like we were expected to learn anything.

Forum Fanatic
    Am I the only one who is leery about Hillary's "Stronger Together" slogan? It smacks of Project Fear v2.0... good way to squander an election.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Meh. Her biggest pro is that she isn't Trump so as long as she doesn't start making her slogan "Make America Great Again" I think she'll be ok

Basically.

Quite a few of my extended Hispanic family are just like.

"F*** Trump. Never. Ever"

I don't think many of us whitey college peeps realise just how despised Trump is amongst Hispanics and Afro Americans generally.

"She's **** but she isn't that Trump retard who doesn't have a clue"

Is a frequent conversation among them

Interestingly my parents (Welsh/Scots Irish ) who voted Brexit actually really like him. (Particularly my mother who has very interesting views on free trade and protectionist policies like him)
    Last edited by makeo; 31-08-2016 at 20:41.

Forum Fanatic
    I get that hispanics and blacks absolutely loathe Trump, but there's one big snag - turnout. Old white people show up in droves. Hopefully this year will see minority turnout increase but I could see a nightmare scenario where Johnson voters switch en masse to Trump and Clinton's national polling lead evaporates.

I should take another look at state-by-state polling and see where Trump can pick up states that pundits won't believe. Very possible MI will flip red, the stupidity is strong here.

I get what you mean , noobium.

I think the Trump vote is stronger amongst whites than the polls show.

I also think the loathing of him is higher amongst the minority vote.

All of my Hispanic relatives who would have voted McCain for instance are "No. Not Trump. Not ever"

All of my "Brexit " voting older relatives are like "He has to be elected. He is talking truth"

It is kinda weird , but I don't see how Trump can win without ANY minority penetrative opinions as he is despised by 30% of the electorate

Demographics show that there just isn't enough white older/non educated voters for him to win.

There was enough white /older voters for "Brexit".

If "Brexit" scraped home on 51.9% on a 91% Caucasian populace that trends older than the US...I don't see how Trump can?

Younger populace. More racial spread. Higher education in the US than the UK. It trends bad for Trump.

I think he will smash the Caucasian vote and polling underates him. With the Dem electoral college advantages, I don't see how he wins even with the rust belt. Imo

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post
    I think he will smash the Caucasian vote and polling underates him. With the Dem electoral college advantages, I don't see how he wins even with the rust belt. Imo
    With Trump flipping MI (possible but unlikely with current polling), OH (likely because polls underrate Trump), and FL (possible) and the Romney/Obama 2012 map otherwise, the EC is tied 269-269. I don't think PA or WI would flip republican. Don't know of other states likely to flip (maybe IA? very white state). Holding Romney's red states is the big if due to Trump being an assclown, but there are lots - lots - of people sick and tired of Obama.

Flipping those three though is something I see as very possible. I can never have faith in Michiganians to do anything right, because Michigan sucks.

In some states, felons are disenfranchised. That means less minority voters.
    Jeb Bush helped his brother in Florida by placing less voting booths in area's with mostly minority voters.

Does anybody still expect fair elections?

Minorities get f***ed because they are... a minority and the majority decides.

Ironically it's the Republicans that have a bad rep for screwing minorities even though it was the southern Democrats who seceded from the union so they could keep their slaves.

Maybe the US should invade itself to bring democracy

Forum Fanatic
    No one expects fair elections any more. There's significant evidence of straight-up riggage. We're still supposed to assume that elections are fair, though.

I've been thinking from a conspiracist point-of-view though about the outcome of this crapfest. I'd imagine a Trump victory would be sufficient cover to bring on the worst neoconservative excesses, blame "the people" for electing Trump, and further train Americans to accept rotten, horrible centrism out of fear. Either way, the powers that be have America on lockdown... Trump and Clinton are good friends and connected to the same shady actors (look up Jeff Epstein).

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    (possible but unlikely with current polling)
    Current polling is useless. The percentage of people who respond to survey on a land line is below 1%. I am not sure how the author collected the data for that figure, but the number is low. The same article said that almost 20% of old white ladies will answer a survey on a land line. Polling data was useful and predictive 30 years ago. Now it is nearly useless.

Forum Fanatic
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...voters-w435890

The Rethugs just keep finding new ways to rig the **** out of elections...

It's painful to read reddit and all the CTR shills pumping up HRC, entirely oblivious to just how disliked their candidate is by the general population. You wouldn't have this **** with Bernie, hell you wouldn't have it with almost any Democrat. I have never seen someone throw away so many opportunities to win an election as HRC has, all because she insists on pretending this is still the ****ing 1990s.

I'm calling Ohio and Florida as Trump wins. It's very likely my prediction can come true, and we're in for an absolute ****show.

Disenfranchising voters was a major strategy HRC used to get the presidential nomination.

http://www.voanews.com/a/new-york-pr...t/3294535.html

It is still too early to say who will be better at breaking democracy.

Thread Information