Thread: General Election Crapfest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post
    I think he will smash the Caucasian vote and polling underates him. With the Dem electoral college advantages, I don't see how he wins even with the rust belt. Imo
    With Trump flipping MI (possible but unlikely with current polling), OH (likely because polls underrate Trump), and FL (possible) and the Romney/Obama 2012 map otherwise, the EC is tied 269-269. I don't think PA or WI would flip republican. Don't know of other states likely to flip (maybe IA? very white state). Holding Romney's red states is the big if due to Trump being an assclown, but there are lots - lots - of people sick and tired of Obama.

Flipping those three though is something I see as very possible. I can never have faith in Michiganians to do anything right, because Michigan sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    (possible but unlikely with current polling)
    Current polling is useless. The percentage of people who respond to survey on a land line is below 1%. I am not sure how the author collected the data for that figure, but the number is low. The same article said that almost 20% of old white ladies will answer a survey on a land line. Polling data was useful and predictive 30 years ago. Now it is nearly useless.

Thread Information