Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59

Thread: Feminist kingdoms

  1. #16
    Dear Friend Korp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    I approve of equal rights and opportunities. I dont believe in forcing the image upon women that if theyre not fully independent theyve failed, or if they dont want a career and are fine doing the laundry and tend to the children.

    I also think most sexists jokes are genuinely funny (works both ways although from my experience women have a different kind of humor mostly lost on me personally).
    But you said you hate feminism, you cant hate feminism and approve of equal rights. Thats contradicting yourself.

  2. #17
    I like to post
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    But you said you hate feminism, you cant hate feminism and approve of equal rights. Thats contradicting yourself.
    Well I kinda can, I guess, because I just did it :D

    Just like I approve of equal rights for all races, yet don't think racist jokes should be banned or lead to persecution.

    I guess it also depends on your definition of feminism. Perhaps my definition of feminism is what you would call feminazi's. That is to say, I am fine with pronounced gender roles within our society, as long as women aren't explicitly barred from doing stuff. The point is most feminists don't stop at equal rights and want positive discrimination to achieve their ideal of gender equality.

  3. #18
    Veteran pathetic sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    655
    Feminism is not the same thing as equal rights. You could grant the right for everyone to display machismo and prove hard core-ness. Having a Y chromosome might not protect you from ridicule and/or abuse. You could also keep everyone in their place but make sure that an equal number of citizens at a particular station have XX and XY chromosomes. You could keep the patriarchy but split the top with an mirror equivalent matriarchy. We could raise an elite girl to believe she is entitled to make commoner males do degrading sexual acts for her entertainment. Also make sure the inferior set of males are made to feel insecure if degrading sex acts are not desired.

  4. #19
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,830
    I would be OK with our sexually aggressive matriarchs, but when you're using words like "inferior" and "elite" I think you missed the boat on the whole equality train lol

  5. #20
    I like to post
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    3,932
    To the OP. I find your characterization "King-dom" quite offensive and a great example of anti-woman speech. What if there is a Queen in charge?

  6. #21
    Postaholic
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    To the OP. I find your characterization "King-dom" quite offensive and a great example of anti-woman speech. What if there is a Queen in charge?
    An actual Queen, or a he-Queen? And I believe in equal rights for he-Queens too. They do demand more than equal at times, thinking the whole Queen thing will help them. Does it? Sure. Does it not? Also true.

    I'm not sure what we are in my kingdom. I hate to label it. Dick jokes aplenty, I have to admit. :p

  7. #22
    Forum Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    chillin in the sun
    Posts
    2,951
    The best queens are he-queens.

  8. #23
    Veteran goodlilwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    694
    I don't put up with that kind of bull**** in my kingdom.

  9. #24
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,228
    That's because you're a goodlilwitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  10. #25
    Veteran pathetic sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I would be OK with our sexually aggressive matriarchs, but when you're using words like "inferior" and "elite" I think you missed the boat on the whole equality train lol
    Not at all. "Equal rights" is not the same as "equal people". You could give all of your slaves equal rights. Would not mean they could leave or stop working but could mean access to enough calories and basic medical care would be given to all of the slaves.

    Consider this example: All of the prisoners are to be shot in the heart with 3 bolt action rifles. Order will be randomly selected and all corpse thrown in the same ditch. These prisoners get equal rights (not many). There is no discrimination based on gender, age, race, religion or marital status. Feminists should be opposed to firing squads and/or massacres. An equal rightist would be concerned whether the massacre targeted a specific demographic because the targets were in that demographic.

  11. #26
    Forum Fanatic khronosschoty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic sheep View Post
    Not at all. "Equal rights" is not the same as "equal people". You could give all of your slaves equal rights. Would not mean they could leave or stop working but could mean access to enough calories and basic medical care would be given to all of the slaves.

    Consider this example: All of the prisoners are to be shot in the heart with 3 bolt action rifles. Order will be randomly selected and all corpse thrown in the same ditch. These prisoners get equal rights (not many). There is no discrimination based on gender, age, race, religion or marital status. Feminists should be opposed to firing squads and/or massacres. An equal rightist would be concerned whether the massacre targeted a specific demographic because the targets were in that demographic.
    Equality is impossible plain 'n simple and in fact should not ever, even be attempted IMO. I think people need to study the difference between equity and equality.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educat...y_vs._equality

    The other hurdle we have is getting over gender bias. If employer for example has a legit reason to discriminate against people based on physical fitness, he should come up with a test that legitimately, and reasonable, weeds out those who are not fit enough... and it should not be based on gender, because, not every man out there is stronger than every woman out there, and vis versa. (That is I borrowed with brevity the age old topic of men vs women based on physical fitness).

    Edit: I think the reason we need to aim for equity is because in my exp in all cases that I can tell, men are treated equitable (to a degree), that is there is very little thought given if they are physical fit or not. -- I feel it ought not _need_ to be highlighted here but that if I do not I will regret not having done so, that is: I'm not about to write a entire theses paper here, I pulled one classic example in a sloppy fashion and to share that is all.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 13-06-2016 at 15:14.
    #magi

  12. #27
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,830
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic sheep View Post
    Not at all. "Equal rights" is not the same as "equal people". You could give all of your slaves equal rights. Would not mean they could leave or stop working but could mean access to enough calories and basic medical care would be given to all of the slaves.
    While I agree that equal rights doesn't equate to equal people your examples are some of the worst I've ever seen. Slaves, by definition are not equals in terms of rights. By being property you lose whatever rights your owner chooses to deny you. Likewise your prisoners are not enjoying equal rights because there are people in your example (the firing squad) are enjoying rights that they're being denied.

    @khronosschoty - the endgame is equal rights, not compete equality. The goal is to embrace our differences and not outcast people for completing irrelevant reasons.

  13. #28
    Forum Fanatic khronosschoty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    While I agree that equal rights doesn't equate to equal people your examples are some of the worst I've ever seen. Slaves, by definition are not equals in terms of rights. By being property you lose whatever rights your owner chooses to deny you. Likewise your prisoners are not enjoying equal rights because there are people in your example (the firing squad) are enjoying rights that they're being denied.


    @khronosschoty - the endgame is equal rights, not compete equality. The goal is to embrace our differences and not outcast people for completing irrelevant reasons.
    heh I think you totally misunderstood me /me shurgs. I'm not even sure where to start? did I mention slaves? or a firing squad? The fact I mentioned we need to get past gender bias indicates I'm talking about equity and decency for all. The only way you can reasonable be making a post in comment to my post that is like yours here, is if you remove the _decency_ for all aspect.

    Edit: I'm the one making a mistake here, your responding to sheep and me, it appears, my bad.

    Also, I do not think its enough to have "equal rights" we need equity to be a heavily focused goal. There is no reason to empower people to have vastly (by magnitudes) more based on any reason; while others have next to nothing or nothing at all and die.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 13-06-2016 at 16:09.
    #magi

  14. #29
    Post Fiend newatthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    253
    Just pretend to be a guy in a new kingdom unless you are sure at least the monarch is cool. Utopia is actually the friendliest game environment for women afaik. Facebook games, ppl send d1ck pictures. Other games ppl blatantly call you prostitute and sexually harrast you in public forums. Clash on global chat is not any better. Idk why gamer guys can be so rude really. Geeks need to chill. We are gamers for the love of god. We arent exactly cool. We are nerds n geeks.

  15. #30
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,830
    Quote Originally Posted by newatthis View Post
    Just pretend to be a guy in a new kingdom unless you are sure at least the monarch is cool. Utopia is actually the friendliest game environment for women afaik. Facebook games, ppl send d1ck pictures. Other games ppl blatantly call you prostitute and sexually harrast you in public forums. Clash on global chat is not any better. Idk why gamer guys can be so rude really. Geeks need to chill. We are gamers for the love of god. We arent exactly cool. We are nerds n geeks.
    Mostly 2 things

    1. Anonymity over the internet.
    2. 14 year old boys are 14 year old boys and unfortunately some 28 year old boys are 14 year old boys as well. Some people just don't grow up.

    I think pointing the finger at "geeks and gamers" is a bit silly.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •