Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feminist kingdoms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't put up with that kind of bull**** in my kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlilwitch View Post
    I don't put up with that kind of bull**** in my kingdom.
    I don't know how to multi-quote.

Thank you for having a Kingdom like that. It's really uncomfortable for me, too. If I were to play again, I'd want to be in a KD away from all that nonsense. I hope the OP finds your KD or one like it.

Needs to get out more
    That's because you're a goodlilwitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Just pretend to be a guy in a new kingdom unless you are sure at least the monarch is cool. Utopia is actually the friendliest game environment for women afaik. Facebook games, ppl send d1ck pictures. Other games ppl blatantly call you prostitute and sexually harrast you in public forums. Clash on global chat is not any better. Idk why gamer guys can be so rude really. Geeks need to chill. We are gamers for the love of god. We arent exactly cool. We are nerds n geeks.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by newatthis View Post
    Just pretend to be a guy in a new kingdom unless you are sure at least the monarch is cool. Utopia is actually the friendliest game environment for women afaik. Facebook games, ppl send d1ck pictures. Other games ppl blatantly call you prostitute and sexually harrast you in public forums. Clash on global chat is not any better. Idk why gamer guys can be so rude really. Geeks need to chill. We are gamers for the love of god. We arent exactly cool. We are nerds n geeks.
    Mostly 2 things

1. Anonymity over the internet.
    2. 14 year old boys are 14 year old boys and unfortunately some 28 year old boys are 14 year old boys as well. Some people just don't grow up.

I think pointing the finger at "geeks and gamers" is a bit silly.

Postaholic
    You ever coming over to the light with us Dede? Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by newatthis View Post
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

I like to post
    2. 14 year old boys are 14 year old boys and unfortunately some 28 year old boys are 14 year old boys as well. Some people just don't grow up.

I like to post
    All other things being equal, women will still have this over us:

And you know why? Because men are just big children!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Because men are just big children!
    *applause* lol

All other things being equal, women will still have this over us:

uh... no
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by Halta View Post
    Hey, I'm just wondering if there are any feminist kingdoms out there. I'm kind of tired of hanging out in kingdoms where rape jokes are the norm. It doesn't necessarily have to be a feminist kingdom, I'd settle for one where people refuse to tolerate rape jokes & similarly overt sexism.

I realise the recruitment forum is a more obvious place for this, but it's recruitment based around real-world politics, so I thought it might be more appropriate here.

If there is no such kingdom, and you like the idea, post expressions of interest here. Or PM me if you'd rather not post publicly. Maybe we can form a new kingdom.

I imagine there's gonna be a lot of replies from people who hate feminists in this thread. I should probably make it clear from the outset that I don't intend to engage with those comments. I'm not interested in a flame war, just looking to find some like-minded people.
    I'm quite possibly the most feminist person in the world. Given that I'm male and this might seem strange or difficult to believe, not because males can't be feminist...but because that's quite the ranking of #1 in the world I'm claiming. Send me a PM and we can talk if you'd like.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Halta View Post
    Hey, I'm just wondering if there are any feminist kingdoms out there. I'm kind of tired of hanging out in kingdoms where rape jokes are the norm. It doesn't necessarily have to be a feminist kingdom, I'd settle for one where people refuse to tolerate rape jokes & similarly overt sexism.
    In my experience, most of the rape topics that popup in-game tend to be about what players will do to each other.

At worst, the comments are gender neutral. More likely, I think players on the server tend to be aware that the game has an overwhelming ratio of males and while quite violent with a hint of homophobia, those talks have nothing to do with sexism.

In my opinion, a lot of what people perceive as maturity is overrated and sometimes, downright counter-productive.

Sometimes, I think the term is applied too liberally to keep outliers in line with mainstream expectations driven by dogma.
    Last edited by Magn; 17-06-2016 at 23:39.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Magn View Post
    At worst, the comments are gender neutral.
    Trust me. No lol

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    At worst, the comments are gender neutral.
    Trust me. No lol
    Definitely no.

In my experience, most of the rape topics that popup in-game tend to be about what players will do to each other.

At worst, the comments are gender neutral. More likely, I think players on the server tend to be aware that the game has an overwhelming ratio of males and while quite violent with a hint of homophobia, those talks have nothing to do with sexism.
    This is why feminism and equal rights need to be understood as different. Someone can be offended by gleeful references to rape. Does it matter if the rape joke refers to male, female or a carefully worded gender neutral victim? A feminist kingdom would suppress rape jokes and it may not matter if the monarch/stew is always a king/steward in that particular kingdom.

Thread Information