Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feminist kingdoms

Postaholic
    You ever coming over to the light with us Dede? Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by newatthis View Post
    Just pretend to be a guy in a new kingdom unless you are sure at least the monarch is cool. Utopia is actually the friendliest game environment for women afaik. Facebook games, ppl send d1ck pictures. Other games ppl blatantly call you prostitute and sexually harrast you in public forums. Clash on global chat is not any better. Idk why gamer guys can be so rude really. Geeks need to chill. We are gamers for the love of god. We arent exactly cool. We are nerds n geeks.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

I like to post
    2. 14 year old boys are 14 year old boys and unfortunately some 28 year old boys are 14 year old boys as well. Some people just don't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    While I agree that equal rights doesn't equate to equal people your examples are some of the worst I've ever seen. Slaves, by definition are not equals in terms of rights. By being property you lose whatever rights your owner chooses to deny you. Likewise your prisoners are not enjoying equal rights because there are people in your example (the firing squad) are enjoying rights that they're being denied.
    I think the example works fine. The prisoners as a group are enjoying equal rights [or perhaps not enjoying their equal rights]. The firing squad is not a member of the group. You could replace the firing squad with something non-human. Think global warming caused famine, nuclear meltdown/war, epidemic. There are people who belief in "equal rights" but they oppose universal medical care. Fully informed feminists will almost always support medical care.

In real world politics feminists in my country (usa) rarely push for equality with other countries. You find people who want a woman as president but I have not heard anyone pushing for an amendment to allow foreign women to become president. First you join the group then get equal rights. So immigrate have a daughter and then she could become president. Feminist usually do support educating immigrants daughters so that they have all of the opportunities that come with excellent education.

Also in this thread someone is looking for a kingdom that bans misogynistic comments in their own chat. That ignores the rest of the server.
    Last edited by pathetic sheep; 14-06-2016 at 15:59.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic sheep View Post
    I think the example works fine. The prisoners as a group are enjoying equal rights [or perhaps not enjoying their equal rights]. The firing squad is not a member of the group. You could replace the firing squad with something non-human. Think global warming caused famine, nuclear meltdown/war, epidemic. There are people who belief in "equal rights" but they oppose universal medical care. Fully informed feminists will almost always support medical care.

In real world politics feminists in my country (usa) rarely push for equality with other countries. You find people who want a woman as president but I have not heard anyone pushing for an amendment to allow foreign women to become president. First you join the group then get equal rights. So immigrate have a daughter and then she could become president. Feminist usually do support educating immigrants daughters so that they have all of the opportunities that come with excellent education.

Also in this thread someone is looking for a kingdom that bans misogynistic comments in their own chat. That ignores the rest of the server.
    The point is to eliminate pointless "groups" that serve no legitimate purpose. You're saying that one group is entitled to rights that another is not. That's discrimination. Discrimination is bad...m'Kay?

Also, to say that feminists don't support women outside if their nationality is a bit silly. Generally it's feminists that bring up female oppression in the middle east or china's child limit policies. The reason local issues get more attention is because they're more important to most people since it's actively effecting them. Can't really blame them for that

I like to post
    All other things being equal, women will still have this over us:

And you know why? Because men are just big children!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Because men are just big children!
    *applause* lol

All other things being equal, women will still have this over us:

uh... no
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by Halta View Post
    Hey, I'm just wondering if there are any feminist kingdoms out there. I'm kind of tired of hanging out in kingdoms where rape jokes are the norm. It doesn't necessarily have to be a feminist kingdom, I'd settle for one where people refuse to tolerate rape jokes & similarly overt sexism.

I realise the recruitment forum is a more obvious place for this, but it's recruitment based around real-world politics, so I thought it might be more appropriate here.

If there is no such kingdom, and you like the idea, post expressions of interest here. Or PM me if you'd rather not post publicly. Maybe we can form a new kingdom.

I imagine there's gonna be a lot of replies from people who hate feminists in this thread. I should probably make it clear from the outset that I don't intend to engage with those comments. I'm not interested in a flame war, just looking to find some like-minded people.
    I'm quite possibly the most feminist person in the world. Given that I'm male and this might seem strange or difficult to believe, not because males can't be feminist...but because that's quite the ranking of #1 in the world I'm claiming. Send me a PM and we can talk if you'd like.

The point is to eliminate pointless "groups" that serve no legitimate purpose. You're saying that one group is entitled to rights that another is not. That's discrimination. Discrimination is bad...m'Kay?

Also, to say that feminists don't support women outside if their nationality is a bit silly. Generally it's feminists that bring up female oppression in the middle east or china's child limit policies. The reason local issues get more attention is because they're more important to most people since it's actively effecting them. Can't really blame them for that
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism_and_equality

I have never met anyone who was a feminist and did not believe in equal rights. But they are not the same thing.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Halta View Post
    Hey, I'm just wondering if there are any feminist kingdoms out there. I'm kind of tired of hanging out in kingdoms where rape jokes are the norm. It doesn't necessarily have to be a feminist kingdom, I'd settle for one where people refuse to tolerate rape jokes & similarly overt sexism.
    In my experience, most of the rape topics that popup in-game tend to be about what players will do to each other.

At worst, the comments are gender neutral. More likely, I think players on the server tend to be aware that the game has an overwhelming ratio of males and while quite violent with a hint of homophobia, those talks have nothing to do with sexism.

In my opinion, a lot of what people perceive as maturity is overrated and sometimes, downright counter-productive.

Sometimes, I think the term is applied too liberally to keep outliers in line with mainstream expectations driven by dogma.
    Last edited by Magn; 17-06-2016 at 23:39.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Magn View Post
    At worst, the comments are gender neutral.
    Trust me. No lol

At worst, the comments are gender neutral.
    Trust me. No lol
    Definitely no.

In my experience, most of the rape topics that popup in-game tend to be about what players will do to each other.

At worst, the comments are gender neutral. More likely, I think players on the server tend to be aware that the game has an overwhelming ratio of males and while quite violent with a hint of homophobia, those talks have nothing to do with sexism.
    This is why feminism and equal rights need to be understood as different. Someone can be offended by gleeful references to rape. Does it matter if the rape joke refers to male, female or a carefully worded gender neutral victim? A feminist kingdom would suppress rape jokes and it may not matter if the monarch/stew is always a king/steward in that particular kingdom.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic sheep View Post
    gleeful references to rape

we have also created a new way for you to report player content that is in breach of the code of conduct. This includes taunts, kingdom flags, province mails, kingdom/war forum posts and any future user-uploadable content. We will be phasing out answering support mails about objectionable content from now on - you should use this system instead.

To report content, just hover your mouse over it. You will see a little “report this” link appear at the top right corner of the content. Click on this to open the report dialog.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information