Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overpopulation

Overpopulation

Now I know this term has been up and around for a long time and it happens every war to every chained province.

Just kinda interested, aside from releasing def specs/thieves, building barren land, getting in more acres ASAP, is there anything else that can be done when drastic overpopulation hits and you have all armies out?

Post Fiend
    Does "getting in more aces ASAP" mean land lust?

If you are releasing dspecs/thieves, you are doing it wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Folle View Post
    If you are releasing dspecs/thieves, you are doing it wrong!
    I've heard that I should be releasing off specs instead but pleas enlighten

You release thieves to 100 thieves if you have to from my experience. You try to reach 115% population, before that you can receive soldier aid to reduce trained military loses if your KD deems it worthwhile and affordable... Don't know what much else to say, right before your land comes in (you should have as much incoming as possible) try land lusting their bloated attackers or some other easy target. This kind of brings me to the KD wide strategy of leaving LL farms in the enemy KD for this and other purposes. Main point here would be to release thieves before other things I guess.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Good kds will alternate their wave times 3-4 ticks after the most possible enemy chain time. Having math acres incoming a couple ticks after a chain is huge. Also ll is great. At the start of war you have every opportunity to have huge incoming acres on your probable chain targets. That makes it a lot harder for the enemy to finish the chain.

get soldiers aided in tick-by-tick to cover your dspec desertions, assuming that is all you have home, and hopefully your incoming acres will get you back to a point where your total pop is less than 115% your max, and your military is less than 100% of your max pop. at that point with armies home, if u have all acres built or in progress and still overpopped, u gonna have to release (whatever units makes most sense for you) and aid out soldiers to get your population to those numbers.

pez death shouldnt really be an issue as long as you are logging in regularly, and the enemy isnt TOO intent on killing you. u lose 7% of your peasants each tick while overpopped, with a minimum of 10/tick, so once u reach 142 or so peasants u got 15 ticks to go before ur prov is dead if it is left to its own devices.

Build a lot homes :). Like 60+% from the creds you get going for homes. Also release only when you need to send army away. Deserting is not a bad thing but making things easier for your enemy is.

Post Fiend
    My preference is to immediately dump my wpa after spamming LL if possible. Dumping them into the pez means increased pez losses so less troop losses. Next up would be my thieves, I release them into sols to cover the troop losses each tick. With that I get to keep most of my army, which is what I find is the most important as an attacker. I just got chained recently till 40% or so but I kept 90%+ of my army at the expense of halving my wpa and tpa. I really only lost that bit of troops as I had slept through the first overpop tick. I also do run high tpa so it helps to cover my troop losses greatly.

Thanks for all the input guys. About land lust. Is it affected by nw or acres? Being chained a few times back i did try to use whatever little runes i have against their bloated attackers but it seems to fail alot

Range doesn't matter with LL.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by dieaready View Post
    My preference is to immediately dump my wpa after spamming LL if possible. Dumping them into the pez means increased pez losses so less troop losses. Next up would be my thieves, I release them into sols to cover the troop losses each tick.
    And you are playing selfish... You don't need to release anything if your off is away. You don't need to keep army, you need to keep your off, attacker's def once chained doesn't matter. With insane mod wpa you can fb/et almost every enemy t/m. Do you even realize how much time you will need to recover the wizz you are releasing? There is a difference between forcing the enemy to do one thing(massacring chained attacker) and helping him not to do it(releasing your own 6+ rwpa).

I would tend to agree, releasing wiz too early is pretty costly. generally release def down first, i was chained below 100 acres earlier this age, later in a war, and i release about 200 wiz (started with little over 1k maybe), i released def to keep my armies out, flirting with land def for ~36h, feeding a few wiz into peas every once in awhile. I built only homes and it helped me keep as much as 80k offence, which was more than enough to keep a good stream of acres coming in from enemy chain targets at that point of the war.

And ya i was on like 16 raw WPA at the low points when my army was out, so i was LL'n like a boss on their bloated attackers. These bloaties were triple/quad tapping me for 6-10 acres total, then getting LL'd for more than that.

Post Fiend
    First off, I hardly ever hit 6+ rwpa, usually it is ~4 rwpa, barely enough to LL with with lots of fails. Secondly, the main point of chaining attackers down is to remove both DEF and OFF through overpop. By hanging on to my troops I basically bounce back up to 70-80% of my size within a day or two if they switch the chain with an army that is reduced by about 20-50%, meaning that I am not cannon fodder to dump spare off on and I still function as a non-chained attacker. Runes are usually scarce in war so usually to get enough runes to spam LL means that somebody is doing something wrong in war.

My point is that once you have next to no def it doesn't take much to keep you there. Compared to other attackers in the kds I've been in I am able to function a lot better than them once I get chained, and my monarchs never had any complaints about it. I'd even sacrifice off up to a point to maintain my def. Once you go down to next to no def you stay down there for the rest of the war.

I just ate a mini-chain recently in war that should have reduced my def down to < 10k def, making it easier for follow up hits, but with my method I kept it at ~38-40k and with sol aid after getting back acres I now am back in business as an attacker and am on my way to breaking their T/Ms. If I'd released def like everyone else does I'd be sitting at ~300 acres eating quad taps and trash hits like a few others in my kd. How is that any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    Build a lot homes :). Like 60+% from the creds you get going for homes. Also release only when you need to send army away. Deserting is not a bad thing but making things easier for your enemy is.
    no... Don't build homes. build 50/50 rax/gs on incoming land. YOu need to hit fast, and keep more land!

Also, get soldiers every tick aided to you so your peons die but your army stays alive! Great way to keep your army from deserting. Soldiers leave first, so if you can get enough soldiers to cover your desertions, you won't have to lose any actual military. You need your peons to die, if you have crap wpa, you can try intra-FB's, or bounce FB's off an enemy fae or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Thread Information