Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CR vs Your GF on Fire

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by jwuzi View Post
    See the flip side to this is that on the weekends, Jwu plays frisbee so his provs are home for 4hrs +

Jew King goes scuba diving and is underwater so he was home for 8hrs.
    Tiny azn nublord.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
    7 sitters in war would not be a big issue that make its way to forum, if it's not CR who doing it, right? ^^. I know some kingdoms encountered this during holiday season like xmas or new year. There's something called life and family too.

Is GF expecting CR not to set sitter so they can win the war "easily" thinking this is the age off for CR? What's wrong with "a kingdom" using a provided in-game feature to win?
    ^ this.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Yes from the forum whining GF's seems to clearly have expected CR to give them the win on a silver platter pretty please. CR seems to have rallied and fought back, so now sitting is cheating and unfair because they're not getting the farmout GF's feel they deserve it would seem.

Supporting the underdogs is fine, whining that the opponent is somehow morally cheating is not. They picked the fight, so they get to fight it. If it's not the fight they expected then they should have planned better. it's 25v25, that is fair, 25v18 is what would have been unfair.

Since the thread seems fond of making comparisons I'll toss this one out there, All this whining about sitting and cheating is like the spoiled little kid in the checkout line crying his lungs out because he didn't get the bonbon he wanted and just generally annoying everybody within hearing distance while his parents stand around pretending like it's raining.
    Agreed!
    #magi

Forum Addict
    donate

And to think 3-4 other players asked for sitters (myself included). The amount of complaining that would ensue if there were 11 sitters instead on just 7 o.O

Thats fine, I understand your anger Godly but veiled insults are not necessary. You can claim I am unreliable all you want but that isnt the case so no need to drag things down to that level. I wont insult you, you are a good leader and player, how about we just leave it at that instead of sounding like douchebags

Also for the record, me leaving was never crown chasing, I haven't even approached one top kingdom asking to join, feel free to ask them
    Last edited by DM_Benjamin; 05-06-2016 at 08:22.
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Yes from the forum whining GF's seems to clearly have expected CR to give them the win on a silver platter pretty please. CR seems to have rallied and fought back, so now sitting is cheating and unfair because they're not getting the farmout GF's feel they deserve it would seem.

Supporting the underdogs is fine, whining that the opponent is somehow morally cheating is not. They picked the fight, so they get to fight it. If it's not the fight they expected then they should have planned better. it's 25v25, that is fair, 25v18 is what would have been unfair.

Since the thread seems fond of making comparisons I'll toss this one out there, All this whining about sitting and cheating is like the spoiled little kid in the checkout line crying his lungs out because he didn't get the bonbon he wanted and just generally annoying everybody within hearing distance while his parents stand around pretending like it's raining.
    No one is whining about losing a war! Why not ask CR about the compliments and thanks for giving a war to get the age going again for the kd (many are not as active anymore until hostile was given by CR). And this was because not many kingdoms the same size would war them. Maybe before people start saying GF is whining, they should really reread the post. The only mention is whether or not Utopian should change the BABYSITTING option to allow for only 3 or so provinces, instead of 7. This would benefit us all - point being, why is the Vacation Mode locked in the same way to only a certain amount of provinces?

Also, the mention of a lost war was sent to umajon911 in-game BEFORE hostility even started. This is how he knows that it was understood by GF that the war was already lost before it had even started. It was just to see how good a top kingdom was so that one can prepare correctly in the future. How does one get better if they don't challenge the best to understand what it will take???

I'm always confused but it appears the top kd think that individuals deserve respect. As a top kd, the respect is given that you are good and coordinated at this game. Where the respect is lost is in your leadership much like the post below. A mid-tier kingdom sends ingame messages to opponent king to wish them well in the coming war and thank them for a war. The opposing kingdom replies much like below in a forum (not even ingame)... How do people go about respecting that type of person and individual?

And honestly, congrats to CR. They did as good as it was expected - just very surprised at the amount of sitters... So anyone that thinks there is whining, there isn't. Just would like Utopian to clean up the sitter option for the entire server!

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    ...Also you know you're speaking about a kingdom that just completed a 3 peat (won the crown 3 times in a row)... something that hasn't been done in 12 years? Show a little respect.

...You're the same guy that has been spamming us as if we're supposed to get drinks and add each other on facebook after the war. I don't like you and shut the **** up. I am not mad that you are "challenging the greats." I'm am mad that you have 3 X's encompassing your stupid nickname like a 12 year old...
    Surprising how old people act when they are behind a screen... =)

BTW, the king read and seen Dogly and Meeps reply, so the Kingdom name was changed to see how you whiners would react. Thanks for the reaction because that is what makes this game fun! =)
    Last edited by xXxFoBxXx; 05-06-2016 at 11:29.

Veteran
    Goooooooo Godly!

The ass whooping is real, the salt is hilarious. They have been bottom feeding all age, glad to see this vulture session has backfired.

Pleased to see CR got rid of that silly Simian.

Post Fiend
    I've finally realized the difference between the "top" and the middle tier:

The "top" thinks they own this game and any attempt of war is personal.

The middle tier understand this is a war game and take it as that. Many friendships are made and respect is given to each other's kingdom before and after a war. So you can see from Dogly's reply about making friendly contact to try and reach out prior to war...

Anyways, good win and lessons learned from this war will only make us better! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by xXxFoBxXx View Post

The middle tier understand this is a war game and take it as that. Many friendships are made and respect is given to each other's kingdom before and after a war. So you can see from Dogly's reply about making friendly contact to try and reach out prior to war...

Anyways, good win and lessons learned from this war will only make us better! Thank you!
    The attitude "that we own this game" exists on every tier. To a certain extent I think we all own this game IMO so /me shrugs.
    #magi

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

I'll tell you the difference.

The middle tier has it engrained in their heads that this is a war game.
    The top understands that it's a strategy game.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The middle tier has it engrained in their heads that this is a war game.
    The top understands that it's a strategy game.

You are both right, and wrong. First of all the word "understand" is not really correct, as it implies there is a purpose to this game that you have to "understand" before being able to play it well. In my opinion the word "believe" might be more apt.

The top tier believes that this is a strategy game with as ultimate goal land. Because of this every action in the game "matters". Winning a war while gaining less than you would win out of war is seen as "bad". Losing a war while gaining more is "good". Because whoring requires constant interaction with the server, and since it is highly competitive AND zero-sum (if you don't hit the fat ghetto human, your competitors will), top-KDs inevitably end up offending many people who don't like to be hit.

The warring tier believes that this is a strategy game with as ultimate goal "wars" or "action". They want a semblance of level playing field while still trying to get every advantage they can as soon as a war is agreed. Some warring tier cannot stand losing and will thus pump most of the age waiting for that perfect war to come along. Other warring tier are fine engaging any challenge and therefore war more but also lose more. It's this last group that can be annoying for the whoring tier, which is what happened here.

xXxFoBxXx KD: "Damned, noone in range wants to war us. Let's just wave CR and see where we end up" --> no sense of long-term ideas about the consequences of this conflict. The vague promise of "action" is enough.
    CR reaction: "This ghetto is trying to mess with us on purpose because they think we're inactive, let's show them" --> because CR has a whoring mentality they reflect on the situation from their perspective. When everything you do matters and has thought behind it, it is hard to understand that some KDs simply don't have that, and are simply craving fun.

xXxFoBxXx's KD is then offended because they don't get why CR is offended, hence spiraling into a flame-fest on the uto forums. Most warring tier don't understand that if you play for "results/resources" rather than "gameplay/wars" the entire dynamics of the game change. The reason we as a KD moved out of the warring tier was that in the warring tier if a KD backed out of war or refused to war, there simply was no way to force them or get from them what you wanted --> war. In whoring tier that IS possible.

Now, the deeper causes of this rift between the two approaches is that one group of people wants to test their abilities to the max on a constant basis, both mechanics-wise and meta-wise. Missing a day of sci pump in YR2 could hurt you in YR4. The warring tier has way more catch-up logistics and missing a day of pump is no problem --> you simply take another fort cycle and then PM/wave for war.

Needs to get out more
    The fact that they have categories speaks to a herd mentality. Guys like me would fit in the FSU mold except as an individual I don't initiate anyones ruin.

I'm not perplexed that war tier kingdoms that know top kingdoms will come knocking aren't prepared for the encounter. Either by diplomacy or hardened defiance, I see very little in the way of crossing this barrier.

Even out of shape and in the incorrect strat I completely grasp the top kingdom interests and act accordingly. Can't say the same for my colleagues. I'm not perplexed that they can strat to resist top incursions but insist on being meta specific to war tier. Vulnerable and incapable of retaliating with authority, we see their activity sag and their reputation fade.

Part of the reason I present a Virtual Kingdom template is to incorporate the concept of a challenge based culture. You can run a rainbow strat and win in this game. I have absolutely no doubt that strat could land crown, particularly now. I run backward ass strats almost every age and it works. It works against the meta.

I recently had a solid player sit my province and when I got back it was gleaming with improvements. It's beautiful I tell you. I thanked him and we talked and he was onto the macro/micro thing. I simply replied that I run slop all the time and do fine.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm not even trying and I'm holding my own just retaliating and not attacking unprovoked. Try it. Just running bad race/persona. Just running slop build strats. If the meta is the maximum then guys need to work on their insight. I shouldn't be in the same competitive field with any of you guys, but I am.

My advice is to stop looking down or looking for even fights and start aiming for the tough ones. Some of you have and I appreciate that. You will never be the majority so don't worry about a lively all out game with rockets flying in all directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    I don't understand this drama llama

They waved us. I said **** it lets go 0/4 this age
    People qq'd and set sitters
    We ended up doing pretty well cause of a poker player stepping up
    LG and I are divorcing cause he won't like my photos on facebook or admit to fapping to them

All y'all that get triggered by goldy need to think about your life choices

Pretty much what Bart said.

When you waved me, it was viewed from my point of view as a sign of disrespect. You were significantly smaller. You would have only won had we completely messed up. Even with very little activity we beat you easily. So basically when you waved us, it was very disrespectful as in "we don't believe you can beat us even with all of the advantages."

"We couldn't get any war so I told kd to buckle up for a rough ride with you guys, because you guys are always game! Much respect! Have fun and we expect to just survive this war! And thank you because already know you gonna drag hostile lol."

With respect to your message^, I had to get it translated by someone in the kingdom that speaks noob and he told me that you were **** talking me. Then you tried to take me down (Godly Gambit accepted) and thus it was double disrespect. Everyone knows that you decline the Godly Gambit.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Thread Information