Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CR vs Your GF on Fire

Only reason I play Utopia compared to some other game is because there is no such option.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    What seems ghetto to me, and possibly abusing the sitting option, is setting 7 sitters. No its not against the rules, but how about fight them on fair terms and then see if the top can actually sustain against said "ghetto"... :-p
    I think you have a warped sense of what's fair here, CR have 25 provinces, GF's on Fire have 25 provs, GF's initiated conflict. 25v25 is fair, everything else is moot since the "weaker" kd initiated the conflict. So setting 7 sitters is bringing things up to fair terms, not the other way around.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranfein View Post
    Just wondering here, if CR got 7 sitters, how will they fare next hostile/war when sitting has run out? or if GF on Fire drags the war, will we see CR down 7 players? If so GF on Fire has a very solid chance to win.
    Lol.

It's not like top KDs use sitting because provs are completely inactive or unable to play.

Most of the people on sitting just couldn't be on 100% activity for a few days.

The war was over before it started.

Post Demon
    Not very nice now is it. For number one you calling them a ghetto when they have consistently been top 20 all age long, 2/2 for WW's, activity and coordination is off the charts, and actually willing to step up to the ones who think they are all high and mighty in the top 10. That seems far from ghetto to me.

What seems ghetto to me, and possibly abusing the sitting option, is setting 7 sitters. No its not against the rules, but how about fight them on fair terms and then see if the top can actually sustain against said "ghetto"... :-p
    The terms are fair, we have the same options available to us as you do kid.

Your KD was just dumb enough to think that you could beat a top KD that had long since decided to take off for the age.

Spoiler: Ghettos are bad.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post

Your KD was just dumb enough to think that you could beat a top KD that had long since decided to take off for the age.

Wait until you meet this ghetto kingdom you speak of here... you have no idea who you speak of and which kingdom this is... better grow those farms because they will be dead when this ghetto comes...

Ahhh Meep, never knew O_o

What i meant was would we see 7 players leaving armies homes longer then needed, is it the banks will they login when its a quick hit needed, or show for scheduled waves or what not, i wasn't speaking this war only

But thank you.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Enthusiast
    The things people complain about nowadays..

Number 1...kid... you should probably figure out first if I even play in the KD. *cough* I don't... Number 2, for a top 10 kd to decide to "take the age off" you sure have been involved in quite a few conflicts. I will let you think that you are the cream of the crop...but actually you're not and Number 3... The ghettos are where the best players are, because they have no ****'s to give when it comes to ruining a kd's age :-p
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Demon
    Number 1...kid... you should probably figure out first if I even play in the KD. *cough* I don't... Number 2, for a top 10 kd to decide to "take the age off" you sure have been involved in quite a few conflicts. I will let you think that you are the cream of the crop...but actually you're not and Number 3... The ghettos are where the best players are, because they have no ****'s to give when it comes to ruining a kd's age :-p
    1 - Why are you handjobbing for a KD you aren't even in

2 - We lost an OOP war, then lost a closer war, then were stuck in a diplomatic position where contending for the age was no longer viable, so we decided to coast for the rest of the age.

3 - No, they aren't, I've played utopia for about 50 ages, almost entirely in the ghetto and this is demonstrably false.

1 - Why are you handjobbing for a KD you aren't even in

2 - We lost an OOP war, then lost a closer war, then were stuck in a diplomatic position where contending for the age was no longer viable, so we decided to coast for the rest of the age.

3 - No, they aren't, I've played utopia for about 50 ages, almost entirely in the ghetto and this is demonstrably false.
    You've obviously not played in good ghettos then. Ive played in several ghettos that had absolutely no issues dragging out wars just to prove a point they have nothing else better to do other than mess things up.

"Handjobbing"...do explain. Do you mean supporting another KD that did not hold the obvious advantages? Supporting the under dogs? If that is you're definition of "handjobbing" thats rather lame. I envy the GF's taking on a fight they had a crappy chance of winning. Let alone abusing the yet legal sitting option on 7 provs. Hope sitting doesn't run out on your players..
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Fiend
    7 sitters in war would not be a big issue that make its way to forum, if it's not CR who doing it, right? ^^. I know some kingdoms encountered this during holiday season like xmas or new year. There's something called life and family too.

Is GF expecting CR not to set sitter so they can win the war "easily" thinking this is the age off for CR? What's wrong with "a kingdom" using a provided in-game feature to win?

Post Demon
    You've obviously not played in good ghettos then. Ive played in several ghettos that had absolutely no issues dragging out wars just to prove a point they have nothing else better to do other than mess things up.

"Handjobbing"...do explain. Do you mean supporting another KD that did not hold the obvious advantages? Supporting the under dogs? If that is you're definition of "handjobbing" thats rather lame. I envy the GF's taking on a fight they had a crappy chance of winning. Let alone abusing the yet legal sitting option on 7 provs. Hope sitting doesn't run out on your players..
    What does dragging out a war to prove a point have anything to do with how good your ghetto is? If you like wasting your time losing, FREE is probably the home for you.

You're not supporting an underdog, you're just supporting a ghetto that reached too far into the cookie jar thinking they caught a top KD unprepared, and got burned for it. All the while making thinly veiled attempts to call CR cheaters.

Why do you hope sitting doesn't run out on our players? That would generally imply the person is available to play actively again, and result in an increase in activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
    7 sitters in war would not be a big issue that make its way to forum, if it's not CR who doing it, right? ^^. I know some kingdoms encountered this during holiday season like xmas or new year. There's something called life and family too.

Is GF expecting CR not to set sitter so they can win the war "easily" thinking this is the age off for CR? What's wrong with "a kingdom" using a provided in-game feature to win?
    Yes from the forum whining GF's seems to clearly have expected CR to give them the win on a silver platter pretty please. CR seems to have rallied and fought back, so now sitting is cheating and unfair because they're not getting the farmout GF's feel they deserve it would seem.

Supporting the underdogs is fine, whining that the opponent is somehow morally cheating is not. They picked the fight, so they get to fight it. If it's not the fight they expected then they should have planned better. it's 25v25, that is fair, 25v18 is what would have been unfair.

Since the thread seems fond of making comparisons I'll toss this one out there, All this whining about sitting and cheating is like the spoiled little kid in the checkout line crying his lungs out because he didn't get the bonbon he wanted and just generally annoying everybody within hearing distance while his parents stand around pretending like it's raining.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 04-06-2016 at 21:35.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Veteran
    See the flip side to this is that on the weekends, Jwu plays frisbee so his provs are home for 4hrs +

Jew King goes scuba diving and is underwater so he was home for 8hrs.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    "Handjobbing"...do explain.

Thread Information