Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: CR vs Your GF on Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    O.M.G. strato. that post was like, soooo awsum. you like totally got what I was saying.
    Mid 20's dutch bloke impersonating a teenage American girl.. mind blown!
    'Then he must get beard' - Mitch at 6:52am, 5.4.16, in response to 'he said "One day when I grow up I want to be like Mitch"' gg

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyReid View Post
    Mid 20's dutch bloke impersonating a teenage American girl.. mind blown!
    Go! Go!

Post Fiend
    Usually they blow something else, is Bart into the same?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    You mean Queen's?
    Aye, my bad :P
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Aye, my bad :P
    This isn't an English forum, and he's definitely not qualified to be running around trying to teach English :P

Henry Watson Fowler, I forget where, once commented in one of his books that there really was no such thing as "proper" English and then went on to give reasons why that was the case but also went on to demonstrate that there was a way to cultivate a superior use of English.
    #magi

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Henry Watson Fowler, I forget where, once commented in one of his books that there really was no such thing as "proper" English and then went on to give reasons why that was the case but also went on to demonstrate that there was a way to cultivate a superior use of English.
    Yes, by pretentious over enunciation and abrupt corrections of common speech, nobody looks like a snob, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSLcYQHqFQ
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 11-06-2016 at 19:26.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Yes, by pretentious over enunciation and abrupt corrections of common speech, nobody looks like a snob, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSLcYQHqFQ
    Well based on your comment I'm inclined to surmise that you have an incorrect idea(s) about Fowler. He did not advocate what you commented here.
    #magi

Needs to get out more
    Well based on your comment I'm inclined to surmise that you have an incorrect idea(s) about Fowler. He did not advocate what you commented here.
    No, actually I think we agree. ;-) Mine was a statement of jest referring to the oft seen vocabulary police like Kelsey Grammer.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

No, actually I think we agree. ;-) Mine was a statement of jest referring to the oft seen vocabulary police like Kelsey Grammer.
    I wondered if we were seeing eye to eye.
    #magi

Needs to get out more
    I wondered if we were seeing eye to eye.
    To be completely honest, I cherish the least of the English speaking players because the game holds interest beyond their current ability to mingle with us freely. We should be diplomats of the game when we encounter those challenged by language. Again, a majority of Americans can only speak English.

What I find interesting about playing Utopia with those who have a hard time with English is the sharpening of instincts. It's sort of the opposite of how I see bots: Once one has computations at their fingertips they can begin creative atrophy. The meta dictates all and epiphany seldom visits. - When we focus on action and anticipation we exercise teamwork which translates to formula. Playing Utopia by intuition is how I function. We find unity in action and not in words. Coolio :-)

I like a well spoken fella as much as the next guy, but it doesn't make them better, just cool in that way. it's probably what I like about Emeriti. That said it's also cool to see otherwise well written non English speaking players start slopping their statements because it conveys character. Maybe their mad, drunk, excited...All in all a game for the world.

While most of my endeavors are silly, I'd be happy to monarch a kingdom of non English speaking players. I've seen them rejected and it causes me to leave those kingdoms as well. My heart goes out to a guy requesting aid in broken form. I realize it's troll bait, but it's a noble risk.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Fiend
    To be completely honest, I cherish the least of the English speaking players because the game holds interest beyond their current ability to mingle with us freely. We should be diplomats of the game when we encounter those challenged by language. Again, a majority of Americans can only speak English.

What I find interesting about playing Utopia with those who have a hard time with English is the sharpening of instincts. It's sort of the opposite of how I see bots: Once one has computations at their fingertips they can begin creative atrophy. The meta dictates all and epiphany seldom visits. - When we focus on action and anticipation we exercise teamwork which translates to formula. Playing Utopia by intuition is how I function. We find unity in action and not in words. Coolio :-)

I like a well spoken fella as much as the next guy, but it doesn't make them better, just cool in that way. it's probably what I like about Emeriti. That said it's also cool to see otherwise well written non English speaking players start slopping their statements because it conveys character. Maybe their mad, drunk, excited...All in all a game for the world.

While most of my endeavors are silly, I'd be happy to monarch a kingdom of non English speaking players. I've seen them rejected and it causes me to leave those kingdoms as well. My heart goes out to a guy requesting aid in broken form. I realize it's troll bait, but it's a noble risk.
    Pretty admirable, but last age I was in a similar position, and we got stuck with a kdmate who would say ok to everything, and not do it. So patience gave way to exasperation, and we finally decided that it wasn't worth the hassle when he didn't bother attacking in war, and released all his offense when he got chained.

I like the way you articulate your thoughts though. A little circuitous at times, but very eloquent.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Thanks. Learned something today.
    * Finally stopped trying to be an English Teacher after getting schooled.

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15383239

I agree and my actions as monarch many many ages in uto and all my time in leadership roles attest to that. I really pointed out Fowler's comment because I mean if he is basically on the same page we are here, and says there really is no "proper" English, then no one really has any grounds for the English nazism that goes on... just my thinking anyway.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    There is no drama. I'm just stating that the so called "war tier" are just a bunch of useless losers like this kingdom that cry about everything. Wahh I dont want to war yet I'm not ready yet. Wahh you're bigger than me. Wahh you're smaller than me. Wahh you used sitters. It's ****ing embarrassing. Guess how it works in real utopia: you wave someone, they declare you. If they don't, you just keep beating them up until the round ends. There's no pre-arranged war rules, there's no PMs. You just fight.

Kudos to you guys for waving us, but the stupid PMs during the war complaining about using sitters was ridiculous. It was almost like you waved us assuming we would be inactive based on what you read on utalk and were pissed that we fixed it. To even make that line of argument should be so embarrassing that I can't imagine the kind of people that would make it. It's like challenging a guy you see with a cast on his arm to a fist fight and then finding out he put it on as a joke then you complain about him cheating or being lame after he knocks you out.
    It seems like the age CR went at he warring tier is forgotten already... How we punked the majority of them and those that stood toe to toe learned a valuable lessons across the board. I mean I recall warring tier defecting, deleting and vacation mode abusing to avoid conflicts, but hey that tier knows the game...

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Squee311 View Post
    It seems like the age CR went at he warring tier is forgotten already... How we punked the majority of them and those that stood toe to toe learned a valuable lessons across the board. I mean I recall warring tier defecting, deleting and vacation mode abusing to avoid conflicts, but hey that tier knows the game...
    Don't worry, I didn't forget. I was a bit busy that age to admire your work, but got to follow some of the exploits.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information