Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Throw back server

Throw back server

As a player who played in the early ages and left. I think it would be cool to have a throwback server. Use the old code and play with the same rules as age 3 or 15. Doesn't matter what age but run the cycle and randomly pick another age. It might be interesting to compare what has changed. Any thoughts?

Postaholic
    This entire game is a throwback, let's not go meta on ourselves

I like this suggestion of a throw back server.
    #magi

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Servers cost money.

Also, Sean and Brian can't work with mehul's spaghetti code. That's why they recoded it in the first place

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Servers cost money.

Also, Sean and Brian can't work with mehul's spaghetti code. That's why they recoded it in the first place
    Servers are so much cheaper these days, but $ is still $.

Spaghetti code. I like that. Besides, is the old code even around anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Servers cost money.

Excuses, excuses! I still like the original posters suggestion and I do not think it would be too expensive to do. I think its feasible.
    #magi

I agree would be fun. I would get to play boats, never got to before. I would be surprised if the early code is around. If he did version control back then, its probably something archaic.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Excuses, excuses! I still like the original posters suggestion and I do not think it would be too expensive to do. I think its feasible.
    You should run for US president. We will build a wall, I do not think it would be too expensive, Juan and Brian will pay for it. I have little to no knowledge about this subject but its feasible if I say it with conviction!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    You should run for US president. We will build a wall, I do not think it would be too expensive, Juan and Brian will pay for it. I have little to no knowledge about this subject but its feasible if I say it with conviction!
    LOL I'll pass on your recommendation for running for president since its built on at least 1 assumption about what I do or do not know. I'm flattered you think I should run tho'.... ty.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 10-06-2016 at 19:26.
    #magi

Needs to get out more
    We like the word feasible because it most resembles weasel, which we never get to say. And you gotta use your imagination. We could strategically detonate an underground nuke and use the earths crust. " It's more like a cliff. "
    This is 'merica. You've seen what we do to whales(November 12, 1970).

Enough of that. I like vintage stuff, but I can hobble around this server alright. My suggestion is to only use kingdom chat and pimp. Raze kill anyone who might appear to be the type to consider whatsapp. You can tell by the way they talk and their province names and their leader names and their province banner and the thing they want to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    You do not know anything about utopia financials, this is not an assumption.

You do not know anything about utopia financials, this is not an assumption.
    This statement you pretend to know as fact is meaningless regardless one way or the other; it does in no way change or modify the validity of what I wrote earlier.
    #magi

I like to post
    This statement you pretend to know as fact is meaningless regardless one way or the other; it does in no way change or modify the validity of what I wrote earlier.
    It does. Your or anyone's level of knowledge about something definitely modifies the validity of a statement made to claim something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    It does. Your or anyone's level of knowledge about something definitely modifies the validity of a statement made to claim something.
    Your making an assumption about my statement or just trolling. Considering your past, I place my _"bets"_ on the latter.
    #magi

I like to post
    Your making an assumption about my statement or just trolling. Considering your past, I place my _"bets"_ on the latter.
    No I'm not.

A: You make a claim about server costs.
    B: Someone points out you know nothing about the costs of running an extra uto server.
    C: You say that your knowledge on the matter is irrelevant.

If knowledge about something you speak of is irrelevant, what is?

Thread Information