Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: #2 FS v/s #3 The U

WTs cause fails at a constant rate no matter the oponent's MTPA so obviously they are the preferred defense option against high MTPA but I find it silly that having no thieves at all or having 5 thieves per acre nets practically the same result when defending against over the top MTPA (at least in my experience, maybe I'm just unlucky).
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    It has been known (for a long time) that higher TPA rogues can effectively prop lower TPA rogues. It's one of the big arguments for why you'd run halfling.
    I am a halfling :( tbh there isn't much like getting propped with 60-70% successrate as a halfling rogue to make you question your prov management skills lol.
    Last edited by Coffee; 21-06-2016 at 16:48.

Have you tried calcing how much tpa you would need instead of picking a number that you think sounds high? That can help sometimes.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

It's 5raw with heretic science, I'm not holding GC or anything, just observing how lower TPA provides little to no resistance against higher TPA, having any thieves at all just gives you the benefit of attackers not being able to steal from you basically.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I like to post
    Since ToG > everything else, Faery > Halfling. I've never had probs dealing with halfers. Their stealth regeneration is slow, they're easy to ET and their damage output is low. Halfers pay significantly more wages and have less income while sitting at high draft (due to ToG). I don't recall ever being propped in 4-5 ages running faery/rogue.

Edit: Matija, I addressed this issue (discussion with Persain) in this topic: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...Age-69-Changes

Both mod numbers and auto-fail could be nerfed to provide more incentive to run more TPA. 10% WT + CS on 0.5 tpa > 15% WTs + 5 tpa without CS.

I reported your post for off topic Bart.

Veteran
    How soon does the CF drop?

Korp your post has been reported since it is not on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    How soon does the CF drop?

Korp your post has been reported since it is not on topic.
    :) You catch on quicker than Bart!

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    It's 5raw with heretic science, I'm not holding GC or anything, just observing how lower TPA provides little to no resistance against higher TPA, having any thieves at all just gives you the benefit of attackers not being able to steal from you basically.
    This is no different from DPA or WPA, though.

If I have 2 rWPA and you have 7 rWPA, I'm not going to complain about your success rate. I suppose that it is 'easier' to generate rel WPA fails than TPA fails, but WPA success are also generally more damaging over time.

You could also say the same thing about DPA vs OPA, of course -- lower DPA provides little to no resistance against higher OPA.

There is no building or spell that causes you to fail 30% attacks or 30% spells on it's own. Only possible defense is getting MDPA or MWPA. You won't see someone close to a third of your NW gain land on an attack from you either. I actually feel having a decent amount of MWPA helps greatly against getting FBed too easily (maybe because you can't train 10rwpa on a whim not sure).
    Last edited by MyNameIsMatija; 21-06-2016 at 19:25.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    There is no building or spell that causes you to fail 30% attacks or 30% spells on it's own. Only possible defense is getting MDPA or MWPA. You won't see someone close to a third of your NW gain land on an attack from you either. I actually feel having a decent amount of MWPA helps greatly against getting FBed too easily (maybe because you can't train 10rwpa on a whim not sure).
    Apart from RM (25%) and MA (100% if re-casted each time).

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...#Reflect_Magic

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...cs#Mystic_Aura

Veteran
    Has anyone tested RM is it 20% or 25%? The wiki actually lists both values in different places.

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...Magic_Formulas

Always thought it was 20%, don't know where from anymore tho :D

Veteran
    20 is what my gut feel says but I am not sure.

I like to post
    I first typed 20%, then saw the page and it said 25%, so edited it... dunno, can test it since we have lotsa orcses.

Thread Information