Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: I Want A Tank

  1. #1
    I like to post
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    3,932

    I Want A Tank

    So, I was thinking of moving to the USA because it is the country where everything is possible and my rights would be respected. To my great consternation someone told me that it is illegal to own a fully armed tank. I wonder, how can someone ever be safe on the streets in the US without owning a tank? What if someone steals a tank and attacks your home, how are you going to defend yourself? I believe that if the people in Orlando had all had their own tank, none would've died out there.

    I sincerely hope that the american political system sees that the second amendment is outdated and based mostly on 18th-century style weaponry. To be able to fully protect yourself, tanks, howitzers and landmines should be allowed!



    This one, give it to me!

  2. #2
    Forum Fanatic octobrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    us
    Posts
    2,405


    All I really want .-.

  3. #3
    Forum Fanatic khronosschoty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,245
    lol
    #magi

  4. #4
    Veteran pathetic sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    655
    Bombs/Explosives are illegal in the united states. Really a tank is not more dangers than a cement truck. Probably less dangerous than a back hoe. European countries allow cement trucks. Treads are not road legal in the US. so you could own the tank but not drive, load, or shoot with it.

    Would be more fun to get an ATV. If you like the look of a tank you can do that with fiberglass shell over an ATV (or farm tractor). Then you can have fun without tanks cost.

  5. #5
    I like to post MyNameIsMatija's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,896
    A tank is a sitting duck in Urban Warfare.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

  6. #6
    Forum Fanatic octobrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    us
    Posts
    2,405
    I'm pretty sure its fine to shoot if you use non-explosive shells? I'm having trouble finding anything that suggests you can't anyway. Destructive devices are fine with a Class III license, which isn't particularly difficult to get. There's a grenade launcher on there with a folding stock too but if you wanted explosive rounds instead of laughing gas, you would have to order via the other-net.

    Anti-Tank Gun
    Last edited by octobrev; 24-06-2016 at 18:42.

  7. #7
    I like to post
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    3,932
    So retarded that you can't even use explosive rounds. I definitely wouldn't feel safe then, especially with an ever-encroaching liberal government. Next thing I know I gotta get insurances.

  8. #8
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,216
    The right is self evident.

    We may joke about the significance of civil rights, but we can't be sure what threatens. Is it foreign interference in the political system? Domestic lords of greed?

    The picture presented to the world is a bunch of rednecks causing all the stir. The fact is the vast majority of the violence in the US is inner city crime exacerbated by urban sprawl. Our problems are much deeper than our guns. We have prison culture run amok, apathetic well-to-dos addicted to meth, land development that abandons communities about every 10-15 years. Our infrastructure is sagging and irreparable on it's grand scale. Flint is but "the famous place" with contaminated water; we have this problem across the entire US. The sprawl pushes basic infrastructure from sparse tax bases incapable and unwilling to educate their own children.

    While it may seem I speak from a perspective of white flight, I'm quite the contrary. My community is one of the first suburbs with most houses built in the 50s. Now we have seen 3 communities built beyond our county. The movie theaters/restaurants/fine shopping are gone, the pawn shops are in, homeless addicts are everywhere. There's ebb and flow; last decade we experienced power outages that lasted days and sometimes weeks. When I was younger the longest power outages were about 2 hours. When street lights went out, even at major intersections, there weren't police dispatched to direct traffic. These two things have changed somewhat, but we have to ask how long?

    In the big picture we Ohioans are said to have positive things coming our way as a warehouse hub, guaranteeing lots of jobs for unskilled labor. But if you project the insatiable urge to develop new land for shopping malls and fufu housing we experience gridlock which is and will be unsavory to warehousing/trucking costs. The obvious next move is to Indiana which I venture to say will take place in 20 years.

    While this regional predicament may seem unrelated to the 2nd amendment I assure you that creating masses of poor, desperate, uneducated civilian in debt can only result in a rise in domestic violence. Be it gun, knife, fist, the law abiding citizen is cornered if not capable of financial ascension to greener pastures.

    The rednecks argue from the wrong perspective. Many are conservative and shun unionization, taxation. The problem with condemning them is they are largely law abiding tax paying citizens who are also responsible gun owners. They are correct in that our lawmakers are toothless and in the pocket of industry.

    Sensible gun laws in concert with a full stop to new land development would be a start. We have uncounted miles of abandoned strip malls and shopping centers. By reincorporating these plighted areas with equal education, civic services, and commercial investment we could begin to heal. This will never happen at the levels necessary to avoid the slow inevitable collapse of the middle class and culture. We have a phrase for those who venture into the inner city to eek out an existence: urban pioneering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

  9. #9
    Scribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    OSU
    Posts
    292
    Ok, so the Framer's gave the 2nd amendment based on the idea that an armed citizenry is less likely to be oppressed by an encroaching government like the then British monarchy we were rebelling against. Musket's or what have you based on the time period were good to go and would serve the intended purpose of protecting the citizenry, because those were going to be the same weapons used against them should the infantile government fail and revert back to something authoritarian. Fast Forward to modern day.. Are you really suggesting that I and the rest of the populace use old style muzzleloaders against SAW's, 240B's, or even M4's? I mean people will use whatever means they can to defend themselves, but its in effect akin to 'bringing a knife to a gunfight'. Just look at Cambodia's black market for guns since they were made illegal in 1999. I wonder how many of them are for anti-gun laws.

  10. #10
    Enthusiast JohnnyReid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    SPARTAAA!!
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by natebane View Post
    Ok, so the Framer's gave the 2nd amendment based on the idea that an armed citizenry is less likely to be oppressed by an encroaching government like the then British monarchy we were rebelling against. Musket's or what have you based on the time period were good to go and would serve the intended purpose of protecting the citizenry, because those were going to be the same weapons used against them should the infantile government fail and revert back to something authoritarian. Fast Forward to modern day.. Are you really suggesting that I and the rest of the populace use old style muzzleloaders against SAW's, 240B's, or even M4's? I mean people will use whatever means they can to defend themselves, but its in effect akin to 'bringing a knife to a gunfight'. Just look at Cambodia's black market for guns since they were made illegal in 1999. I wonder how many of them are for anti-gun laws.
    Look at Australia's (a far similar country to the US than Cambodia) record of gun violence since the then RIGHT-WING government got rid of all the guns after the 1996 Port Arthur massacre. Zero mass shootings since. Before that, there were 13 mass shootings in the previous 18 years.
    'Then he must get beard' - Mitch at 6:52am, 5.4.16, in response to 'he said "One day when I grow up I want to be like Mitch"' gg

  11. #11
    I like to post
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by natebane View Post
    Just look at Cambodia's black market for guns since they were made illegal in 1999. I wonder how many of them are for anti-gun laws.
    "Democracy is so dumb and makes you poor, just look at the Democratic Republic of Congo".

  12. #12
    Scribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    OSU
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyReid View Post
    Look at Australia's (a far similar country to the US than Cambodia) record of gun violence since the then RIGHT-WING government got rid of all the guns after the 1996 Port Arthur massacre. Zero mass shootings since. Before that, there were 13 mass shootings in the previous 18 years.
    The closest country you could compare the US to is Mexico. Both countries colonized around the same time period, displaced indigenous peoples, and rebelled against their ruling empire. Gun control is extremely strict there, one legal gun store in the entire country, and they have nearly twice the gun related homicide rate.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    "Democracy is so dumb and makes you poor, just look at the Democratic Republic of Congo".
    Socialism is so dumb and makes you poor, just look at Venezuela...

  13. #13
    Enthusiast JohnnyReid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    SPARTAAA!!
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by natebane View Post
    The closest country you could compare the US to is Mexico. Both countries colonized around the same time period, displaced indigenous peoples, and rebelled against their ruling empire. Gun control is extremely strict there, one legal gun store in the entire country, and they have nearly twice the gun related homicide rate.
    As far as I know, America doesn't have cartels running all over the place, with the police force too scared (rightly so..) to do anything about it.
    'Then he must get beard' - Mitch at 6:52am, 5.4.16, in response to 'he said "One day when I grow up I want to be like Mitch"' gg

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyReid View Post
    As far as I know, America doesn't have cartels running all over the place, with the police force too scared (rightly so..) to do anything about it.
    We would if we had strict gun control. Right now your average American owns a gun so any gang or cartel can't just walk in and take over. Take the guns away they will. Look at California why do you think there is so much crime? Look at Chicago for instance. When guns leave the hands of law abiding citizens it leaves only criminals with them. Hence Mexico being a country run by cartels.

  15. #15
    Postaholic
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    923
    California!? I can conceal and carry here. What are you talking about?

    And comparing Mexico to the US is funny. :)
    Both so true, and so far-fetched in logic. Still amusing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •