Thread: Goodbye EU... Hello solo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Do you think dogs and cats should able to vote on political issues too?
    The view of the elitists is that the mass majority of people are no different than animals. You've made my point for me, and demonstrated why it is an intractable problem.

Problem is the mass majority of people are more intelligent and independent than animals, which the elitists will never respect.

Further, if you believe that these people are too stupid to think for themselves, shouldn't it be trivial to control what the stupid think and manipulate popular opinion? That is currently the state of the world, and the best and brightest just won't accept that they failed at controlling the masses, and need to attribute it to something other than their own fail. The intellectual, educated class has operated in an echo chamber and stifled dissent; and having watched this for so long, I know beyond a doubt that these people are literally incapable of believing anything else. The best and brightest are ****ing stupid and they will keep showing it, because no one will ever tell them no.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    The view of the elitists is that the mass majority of people are no different than animals. You've made my point for me, and demonstrated why it is an intractable problem.
    You're inferring too much and you didn't answer the question.

The point I'm trying to make is that obviously there's a line for what is and is not an acceptable level of intelligence for contributing to extremely important political decisions. Ones that have an impact not just on your country, but a significant impact globally.

I'm not saying you need to have a PhD from Oxford or something, but not people that are literally caricatures featured on South Park episodes.

Just have some sort of a rational understanding of the situation and not make a decision (either way) based on moronic propaganda.

Thread Information