Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The U or "How to fail even ending on 2nd place for Dummies"

Post Fiend

The U or "How to fail even ending on 2nd place for Dummies"

Some might consider this post a qq post, some will just consider it "old news". The community won`t really care. Nonetheless, I`m still gonna tell you a little story.

Here we have this quite chilled and casual 23 men Kd. And this Kd steals gold from the top. Most of the times with common sense. In return, they accept the risk and responsibility of eventually having to pay for their bad deeds. Sometimes, the big guys turn a blind eye and let it slide. Some other times, the big guys come and put the little guys in place. A big pat on the little guys` backs in the form of a wave or two. People speak, agree with eachother, Cf, rejoice and move on with their lives. Fair play and civil. And everybody`s happy.

But not the U. The U comes to raze. And raze and raze more. The U says that their diplo with the small guys failed because the small guys didn`t respond. We assume it`s true. RL can happen to anyone and unfortunately, not only good things happen to people. So diplo failed, the razes came, the small guys took it without fighting back, admitted their failure, apologized and tried to put an end to the senseless conflict. Now it was the U`s turn to ignore the diplo and when they finally answered, the answer was : "We'll be done when I feel like we're done.". Straight from the U`s monarch.

Ok. I understand, maybe, that they lost the 2nd place to FS? I didn`t quite know that people actually fight for the 2nd place, but then again I might not know a lot of things. I understand they might be frustrated so they took it out on the little Kd. But really? We`re in kindergarten? My toy broke so I`ll come and break yours so you can`t play as well? We`re a handful of old friends who`re trying to enjoy what`s left of Uto. Out of passion for the game and maybe the melancholy of what the game used to be. If the age is over for you - the U, why do you want to ruin other people`s time and work? Why don`t we put an end to this childish behavior and we all mind our own stuff?

Post Demon
    Normally i'd say you are right to complain.
    But after checking their SN and realizing you are from a KD that was persistently and relentlesly stealing into prep, at times cleaning more than half the stock of core provs per run I assume you deserved it.
    You had leverage earlier cause they were busy, now they are not.

Why you talk about risk and responsebility when you obviously dont accept it. You accept it as long as you feel its reasonable with your mind but as it goes over what you think is reasonable you think its awfull. Besides not everyone is reasonable in Utopia and thats a fact you should have considered before going around stealing.

Enthusiast
    Things gonna be getting worse before they get better for you guys no doubt
    -Gurch

Funny how it works.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I like to post
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...32529-Spartans

It's these guys. After that situation I CFed them. A few days ago they noticed us, probably with the intent of stealing more of our gc. I'm sorry Bluorr, I'm really trying to have some empathy here but it's hard, since you really mostly have yourself to blame. There is a huge difference between stealing a few mil of a 20K acre cow, or emptying core provs.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...32529-Spartans

It's these guys. After that situation I CFed them. A few days ago they noticed us, probably with the intent of stealing more of our gc. I'm sorry Bluorr, I'm really trying to have some empathy here but it's hard, since you really mostly have yourself to blame. There is a huge difference between stealing a few mil of a 20K acre cow, or emptying core provs.
    We haven`t emptied anybody. And in this situation, we kinda stole from both FS/the U, so there can`t be any debate that we`re to blame for their loss. And we stole scraps not dozens of millions.

As for taking responsibility, it`s up to the community to decide what`s fair. As Bart said, we stole from them. They waved us. We parted ways as friends. We stole from Emeriti. They waved us. We parted ways as friends. And that is fair-play. What the U is doing ... It isn`t even a matter of fairness or not. It`s just non sense.

Post Fiend
    Non sense and ... as whimsical as a 5yo child`s behavior.

I wouldnt call it friends. from what i recall i told you that i would razekill all your t/ms if i caught you people in our news again.
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

then again that might be another ghetto.
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Quote Originally Posted by bluorr View Post
    Non sense and ... as whimsical as a 5yo child`s behavior.
    What is a 5 year old behaviour is doing something then come crying about it when someone puts you in your place. Your extreme naiveity that you think you get to decide how people will treat you after you harmed them is hilarious.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluorr View Post
    We haven`t emptied anybody. And in this situation, we kinda stole from both FS/the U, so there can`t be any debate that we`re to blame for their loss. And we stole scraps not dozens of millions.

As for taking responsibility, it`s up to the community to decide what`s fair. As Bart said, we stole from them. They waved us. We parted ways as friends. We stole from Emeriti. They waved us. We parted ways as friends. And that is fair-play. What the U is doing ... It isn`t even a matter of fairness or not. It`s just non sense.
    I get that you're just trying to have fun with a couple of old guys, but why do you need to steal from top-KDs to play this game :P ? I've gone many ages without stealing from top-KDs (was always expressly forbidden) unless we had some kind of land for gc deal with them. You gotta understand, in the op everything is zero-sum, and the consequences for failure are huge.

Post Fiend
    There's an appropriate response and then there is overkill.

Well played the U.

Keep razing and teach them a lesson they wont forget any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by stealth4785 View Post
    There's an appropriate response and then there is overkill.
    From what I understand this is not the first time this KD has been stealing gold and they were punished before, it seems the punishment did not have the desired effect (said KD stops stealing) so maybe a bigger punishment is necessary? Don't know, just my two cents.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Thread Information