Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thing that WON'T happen, but I wonder if anyone would do it.

Thing that WON'T happen, but I wonder if anyone would do it.

We hear a lot about the talent pool, dwindling player resources yadda yadda. I wonder if there would be any interest in doing a draft style play for the crowning kingdoms next age. Since there are unlimited invites, it seems to me there could be a draft style play that would shuffle up the players, allow people to meet new players and so on. Get 5 or 6 monarchs willing to lead, have players put their names in for a draft. All monarchs agree no farm outs, and continue to grow and fight to the end, limit of 10% of land on land for CF deals, things like that which could keep farmouts and so on from happening. With some developer help to make sure the kingdoms in question are spread out evenly across islands and so on, this may be workable. The major hurdle, it seems to me, is the will to do it. That is, to break up people who have played together forever, to assess the patience it needs to work with new people. Long-standing grudges also pose a problem. If people would be willing/able to set those aside I think it could be workable and fun and introduce more people into the mix of the incestuous spiral of players flowing among the "top" (define it how you wish) kingdoms. Another hurdle is leaders being interested/willing to work with development of new "chemistry". Personalities probably make this impossible though.

I don't know if anyone would be willing or able to do it, but it might make for a more interesting age next age. Anyway, I am just bored enough to have these kinds of thoughts at the moment so I figured I would throw it out there.

Moderators: yes I know this "belongs" in suggestions, but no one reads that, so please be a little flexible. If this dies here, then sure, banish it to the unread suggestions forum where it would then belong.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Enthusiast
    Good idea in theory. But not at all workable practically.

I don't think this belongs in suggestions, it's not really a suggestion for game devs, it's a suggestion for players and a extremely far fetched one at that, nobody would be willing to leave the people they almost grew up with within the game just to try something out, it might be fun, but at what cost?
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

so basicly a Genesis age
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

I guess so Binar. I don't think there is much cost of doing this really Matija because there are unlimited invites the following age. Everyone is free to swap back and all one has to do to make it work is ask Bishop for a shell, Bishop has been very clear that anyone wanting to form a KD only has to ask for a shell and he will set them up so thats easy. The only real cost is the risk that you play for a bit with someone that you can't stand (so no one will pick me, hahaha) but if everyone can have an open mind, I bet most people find that no one is really that bad a person. I dunno, I am just procrastinating and thinkin.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

I don't think people are that flexible. Some people have been playing in the same KD for years and don't know anything else. For some people it MIGHT work, but it's basically asking for KDs to disband for an age, you know the risk this implies, at least it could scare people that the KD is not coming back and some might not want that.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I like to post
    Building a kingdom is like cooking. A dish is made up of a large number of ingredients. Some might argue the steak is all that matters, but what about the seasoning? It's not just the ingredients themselves that matter, but their relationships, and how you combine them. A kingdom is an organism that needs different flavors to function. Quite often you need to cook several ingredients together for a few hours to make sure the taste is sucked in by the rest.

What you propose is 20 french fries 4 cheesburgers and a big tasty. I'll pass.

I assumed most would Bart. Hence the title of the thread. It would be asking a lot from a lot of people.

I draft TiLL

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

I like to post
    Id definittly want godly + octo + Elit. perhaps blizz if hes arsed....

Well it would have to be schoolyard rules and the like. So we would need to see right?

Let's just do it for fun :D
    No actual KDs get formed afterwards.
    I wonder if anyone would take me with my mouth as it is :D

I like to post
    I would take you in on 2 conditions:

1. Convert to the Lord of Light (me).
    2. Stay Spartan for ever.
    3. Deny the false gods to whom you pray (feyrplay).

You should try to play in a KD with a genuinely good atmosphere and passions Matija. Ur too used to playing alongside bored vets ^^

I like it here, thanks.

Do I get to choose 2 out of those 3 to comply to?

I like to post
    It was a test to see if you'd be able to accept my authority beyond logic.

Thread Information