Thread: change invite wait times

Post Fiend

change invite wait times

Hey there,

So I've been slowly building a kingdom this age. And each time I try to invite someone it's a pretty horrible/slow process. What I have to do:
    Get that province to not do aid/attacking/thievery/magic for 24 hours. Then delete.
    Then wait 24 hours.
    Then accept invite.

I know the 24 hour wait to re-create is to prevent abuse. But what I'm asking is the following:
    Would it be possible to remove the 24 hour wait after deleting your province, when accepting invites? It's fine to leave it there to create a random province, that doesnt bug me as much. But basically the 24+24 hour wait to get a recruit via invite is just horrible.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,

NighT

Forum Fanatic
    NighT, the person can accept invite while in a province (think they need to have not done something for 24h), but it gives them the option of abandoning (leaving the prov empty) or deleting (destroying) the prov behind when they exit.

If you send the invite to them, they'll have the option to accept it in their lobby.

Ya you don't have to delete your province you make that choice when accepting the new invite. Either delete or abandon province.

Post Fiend
    yeah but if they do, they dont get to select another race/pers.

Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post
    yeah but if they do, they dont get to select another race/pers.
    Yes they do unless you invite them into a abandon province.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Yes they do unless you invite them into a abandon province.
    afaik, when you invite ingame into an empty slot, that province carries the original race/pers with them.. we had to wait exactly as night did in previous instances where we wanted a specific race/pers, different than what invited member already had..

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by LoRD_SaMPuaN View Post
    afaik, when you invite ingame into an empty slot, that province carries the original race/pers with them.. we had to wait exactly as night did in previous instances where we wanted a specific race/pers, different than what invited member already had..
    Invite then reset?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Invite then reset?
    its pretty dumb to pay for both the invite and the reset when you get to start a fresh prov..

its pretty dumb to pay for both the invite and the reset when you get to start a fresh prov..
    You don't have always to pay for the invite...

Forum Fanatic
    I'm trying to problem solve here. I was unaware of the race/pers restriction to an invite done in that fashion, but i'd be confident this would work.

Regular
    The race/pers restriction is true if you accept while in an active province I remember I did it moving into Expendables, which then required that I reset to change from Elf/Merchant

I struggle to remember why we made it like this, I am sure there was a reason though?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Because you are Bishop and you never make mistakes. I bet its because of RL GC. Pay for rename and new race/personality or wait extra 24 hrs.
    Its exactly as Night, and Hawk says. Also if you just come into an empty slot after only 24 hours of no activity you keep your Name as well as race/personality, but with a reset, so you start over IP. I see no problem with 24+24 if a total province reset is wanted without using credits. However if a person and king are OK with the race/personality name you already have, the invite should be exactly like a random move. Small loss of honor, land, etc.

We mostly recruit into our abandoned provs. As a ghetto we have lots. No extra 24 hr wait on that and new mate can leave his prov to his old KD.

Bishop how about making the wait time for abandoned province less? 7 RL days is 1/12 of most ages. 4 days is plenty. Most Monarchs know if their mates are coming back or not. There was an active mate I waited 10 days on but the plunders and such were tearing that prov to pieces by then.
    Last edited by Skank; 03-07-2016 at 14:59.

Thread Information