Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 69

Age 69

Now would be a good time to make suggestions, or bump your threads.

Also we are looking into some sort of notifications system. Please comment.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I like to post
    1. Separate GA from AW/Prop on 1 personality.

Suggestion: Move GA to Heretic.

2. Remove -100% thief losses from heretic. It's too strong of a buff and nothing in this game should be for free. Dark Elf and UD no off losses were removed for the same reason. For all I know make it -75%.

3. Re-work Dwarf and give them back their BE bonus. Perhaps make them less tanky. The major OP-ness of dwarf was its combination of op-resistance AND tanky elites. Perhaps turn dwarf into a more pure attacking race with higher off values on elites and significantly lower def (10/3 or something).

4. Bring back Merchant. It was one of the few personalities that was fun to play on every race, and it adds flexibility to gameplay.

5. Please pretty please bring back 96-hour EOW CF. Give the building credits to both sides.

6. Change sci bonus mechanics on WW:

-Winning side: 150 BPA based on median acres, 100 BPA based on current acres.
    -Losing side: 50 BPA based on median acres, 50 BPA based on current acres.

7.a Remove extreme science from the game
    7.b Buff schools to reach max effect at 20%, which cuts sci costs by 50%.
    7.c Cap sci effects at 400 BPA or significantly decrease returns from 400 BPA onwards.

8. Give sage back its sci effect bonus.

9. Change CS to having +30% defensive TPA instead of auto-fail.

10. Reduce fortified duration to 24 hours.

11. Reduce combat casualties on plunder/learns by 50% out of war.

12. Increase max meter to 200 points, increase meter decay to 1 point or 1% tick whichever is higher (0-149 = 1 point, 150+ = 2 points).

13. Increase the factor or Relative Kingdom Networth on gains.

90%+ = 100% gains.
    for every 1% under 90%, gains drop 1%.

14. Remove the attack time penalty on out of range hits.

15. Add half hours to adding/deducing time. -2, -1.5, until +3.5, +4.

16. Increase GBP cap to 30% during war (rather than 20%)

17. Make troops that are away also desert due to overpopulation. Reduce desertion rate to 10%/tick.

Just from the top of my head, will add more later.

18. Do something to address manipulation (suggestions welcome).
    Last edited by Bart of Sparta; 30-06-2016 at 15:39.

Post Fiend
    If we're using this as a suggestions thread, I'd still like to submit for consideration the dragon send confirmation idea...

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...d-Confirmation

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...d-confirmation

Unfortunately this scenario happened again, we sent ours two days early before our latest war. We think it was a mistype into the fund field and added an extra zero but aren't sure, no one fessed up for fear of the fury of our M's CAPS LOCK. :p

In searching for the above, it looks like it was suggested in 2012 as well and deemed not worth the effort. If it's still the case, so be it.

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...-Launch-Button

@ Bart suggestions:
    2. No. The - losses are only on failed ops, they still lose a lot on successful.

3. 7/7 for elite is ok but the NW is too high.

4. No. Merchant has some meaning only for growing KDs and it's too strong there. That's why it was removed and tog was nerfed(I think).

5. Current duration is ok. Building credits for both sides is something I talked about too.

10. No. Just don't. 48h happened to be ok. 24h should have instant bonuses and that is bad.

11. I'm playing pure t/m and casualties oow shouldn't be nerfed that much. 20-25% would be ok, 50% is just too much(even better if you are und attacker).

12. No. If you are going for max meter you either lack knowledge about the game mechanics or diplomacy - both should be punished so you learn.

13. If I understand correct you want to buff bottom feeding - no.

14. No.

16. Probably. I'm ok with making chaining harder but is this the correct way? Instead of 15 attacks you will need 20-25.
    EDIT: what i mean is you are giving the bonus for free. Isn't it better to buff GS: make them BE independent and increase the stats or give a bonus to a personality(probably tactic instead of the stupid accurate espionage[latter should be removed from the game]).

17. No. You can't control troops away you shouldn't lose them for free.

My own suggestions:
    1. Give +base bonus wpa training only to the winner(no need to be +100% but 25-50%, doesn't stack with mystic bonus).

2. Increase the land/honor gain for provs below the medium, nerf the gain for provs above the med.

3. Remove riots/plague/ms/explosions when war is over. Greed/Chastity are ok to stay(at 50% wages greed is not a problem and chastity has low duration anyway) . Should be for both sides.

4. Buff chastity to 4-6 hours base duration. Could slightly increase rune cost/difficulty.

5. Remove -wpa penalty. It's too bad penalty just like -pop is.

6. Nerf elves +rune production. +100% is too much.

7. Buff the dragons. Decrease the cost and increase their health - both are needed not just one of them. Atm they stay 2-3 ticks and it takes 3-4 UB t/ms to kill an entire dragon alone.

8. Nerf whoring. This is something that should be overseen every age. There is too big gap between warring KDs and whoring KDs.

9. Increase stewards count to 3. Just 1 steward is not enough. Organizing KD is too hard for 1 or 2 ppl to do it. 4 ppl for 25 is something else.

10. Slightly nerf spell success for <=10% guilds and buff for 15%+.
    Last edited by Bo To; 30-06-2016 at 17:29.

I like to post
    Replying to Bo To

3. NW is not so relevant. If anything high NW helps dwarves in the role that they play by allowing them to sustain NW. 7/7 is too weak though, especially since dwarf doesn't really have any noteworthy bonuses other than that. 66 people chose it, out which probably more than half are just solo growers.

4. Totally wrong. Merchant is actually as potent in warring tier as it is in the top. In the top quite apart from the first few weeks, money is not that a relevant factor if you got your CFs cut out. In the warring tier Merchant can give you a huge pump edge plus allow you to pump wizzards faster due to having to dedicate less building to econ during EOW CF etc.

5. I disagree. Duration atm is ridiculously short which leads to excessive vulturing (at least among the KDs that play competitively for resources)

10. Fort should be a short period where you can train your stuff, not be a hide-out. Bonusses wouldn't slide in immediatly, they would phase in just as they do now.

12. So all those players playing this game before the meter was even introduced lacked game knowledge? People should be able to fight back. Fighting should be encouraged. Would like to add here that no WW bonus for OOR declares should be removed.

13. No, I'm nerfing it. As of now the maximum gains reduction is -33% at 40% RKNW. With my mechanics you'd have -50% gains at that RKNW.

16. You can use GS in addition to the strengthened GBP cap. I just want KDs to think more about game strategy other than "chain highest off attacker".

17. Well I cannot control my defensive troops either, yet I'm losing them? I cannot control my peas or wizzards, yet I can lose them from ops?

8. Nerf whoring. This is something that should be overseen every age. There is too big gap between warring KDs and whoring KDs.
    The whoring KDs do not force the warring KDs not to use their pool. We haven't even actively whored this age apart from winning wars and dumping pool. It's the warring tier that wants to stay small so they can fight opposition that's not as good as the top. Go and look for a challenge!

9. Increase stewards count to 3. Just 1 steward is not enough. Organizing KD is too hard for 1 or 2 ppl to do it. 4 ppl for 25 is something else.
    100% agreed. Also, allow stewards to do everything the monarch can do (recruit/appoint stewards etc).

Forum Fanatic
    1. Speed up war rebuilding by:
    - Removing plague, chastity, storms, and drought at war end.
    - Losing kingdoms receive a small boost to acreage, perhaps 1% of total acres split evenly.
    - Peasant boost for all provinces, not just massively underpopulated ones (but excepting those who would be overpopulated).
    - Return troops home at end of war (but not generals).

2. Most of Bart's suggestions.

3. Consider expanding the number of races to 12, if you can find interesting niches for the new races.

4. Reduce Undead's -losses to -50 or less, but retrain 100% of troop losses as soldiers. This makes Undead a lot more unique and interesting.

5. Reduction of some of the highest offense races (Orc, Undead), probably by 1pt offense on their elite each.

6. Increase free acres so that there is more land floating around in the game, from 5/day to perhaps 1/hour.

7. Decrease defensive losses for elites with less than 6pt defense, so that orc being caught armies home is less punishing than it is now.

8. Hostile meter is free for all players. There are other ways to generate revenue for the game. and hostile meter monitoring is most important for the kingdoms that normally won't pay for it.

This is by no means an exhaustive list, may add more in further posts.
    Last edited by noobium; 30-06-2016 at 20:23.

@ Bart:

3. NW efficiency is important and having such high NW without good off/def is not that great that's why people didn't pick it much this age. Let's agree it needs some buffs.

4. No its not. During war the extra credits are almost irrelevant. After war attackers don't need many guilds to pump wpa even if they were heavily massacred or grew too much. Any other perso can rebuild the prov for 3-4 days.

5+10. You can leave eowcf with full fort protection. That's 4 days. For fort to retrain you need gold and that's why fort is 48h. You lower your wages for 24h to safe some money, train, rise the wages. 24h is just too short to save money and train troops before the end of the fort.

12. If you want to encourage fighting back(I'm not against it) better remove max meter and max meter wars. OOR WW penalty should stay to prevent fake wars ;).

13. I stand corrected.

16. But you are giving a free bonus to everyone(not just attackers). What I'm suggesting is prov management being part of the game strategy.

17. Yes you can - you can send them to dragon(if there is one), you can release part/all of them into solds, keep the solds or send them away or you can suicide your thieves for ops while your NW is high. You can't touch your troops while they are away.
    Last edited by Bo To; 30-06-2016 at 19:26.

Guys, you don't need to pick apart each other's posts,just make suggestions. If you want an involved discussion on something break it out into a new thread please.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Land based gains. I think enabling the top to CF their competition then under-train to manipulate nw so they can whore honor from kds less than half their size is highly anti-competitive

alternatively,

Increase the impact of KNF.

or,

Remove Honor Crown and Honor Rankings.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Selephant View Post
    Land based gains. I think enabling the top to CF their competition then under-train to manipulate nw so they can whore honor from kds less than half their size is highly anti-competitive

alternatively,

Increase the impact of KNF.

or,

Remove Honor Crown and Honor Rankings.
    Good option would be to simply have gains modifiers affect honor gains the same as they do land-gains.

As it stands:

Orc: 5K acres 800K NW (nw-drop)
    KD NW: 30M
    Stance: aggressive

Hits:

Faery: 3K acres 800K NW
    KD NW: 10M
    Stance: full fort

Honor gains: 3%*1.2*1.1 = ~4% of the fae's honor.
    Land gains: 12*1.2*0.5*0.66 = 4.8% of the fae's land.

Now the fae got GBP of about 12-13%. So the next hit will be for 4.3% land, but will take the same honor etc. We discussed this strategy at the start of the age for an easy way to an honor crown, and we definitely could've done it --> but I don't want these goals to go at the cost of warring tier fun.

Forum Fanatic
    9. Reduce stable capacity to 60, to account for the buff to horses. Right now max stables has become obligatory for attackers and too convenient for t/m. Increasing the land required to mount all offense nerfs attackers somewhat, and right now offense is a bit too strong.

10. If raw offenses are brought down, then Faery and Elf defense should drop by 1pt per unit (elite for fae, dspec for elf obviously).

All in all i liked the changes made for Age 68, with the exception of certain effects related to the massive boost to NWPA that were probably just not properly considered when designed and implemented.

1. Dragon costs need to go down and health needs to go up. With such a huge increase in province/kingdom net worth the cost of dragons increased substantially, and with the high troop values they also die way too easily, it's been a very disappointing age for dragons.
    2. NW based gains made sense before, but not any more, not if age 68 changes are here to stay. A well played and "pumped to perfection" province shouldn't be the prime target for someone substantially larger than you who's nwpa is low either due to just being fat or due to deliberate net worth abuse/manipulation to allow for effective bottomfeeding. For example leaving acres unbuilt and/or using huge stacks of soldiers as a NW gain/loss mechanic to optimize your gains (biggest stack i've seen was over 55k soldiers)
    3. Give back 72 hour forts, with everyone and their mother tracking stance change server wide, entering fort stance is basically an open invitation to attack and you end up spending the 24 hours under actual full protection, recovering from entering in the first place.
    #CanWe-public @utonet

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Engman View Post
    3. Give back 72 hour forts, with everyone and their mother tracking stance change server wide, entering fort stance is basically an open invitation to attack and you end up spending the 24 hours under actual full protection, recovering from entering in the first place.
    #1 and #2 (I am assuming you mean land based gains?) are awesome suggestions imho. #3 I disagree with, but perhaps instead reduce slide into full fort time to 12 hours, instead of 24. That also helps with EowCF => fort.

Post Fiend
    1. Default number of thieves for espionage op for Tactician is 1-10

2. Starvation message to province news
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...-province-news

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Guys, you don't need to pick apart each other's posts,just make suggestions. If you want an involved discussion on something break it out into a new thread please.
    I thought I was giving a constructive criticism(same goes for Bart). Does that mean I can't criticize others because there are things I want to mention?

I continue with my suggestions.

11. Option to remember the last spell/op in self/combat tabs and thievery.

12. Order spells by duration in the mystics tab(or at least provide an option for that).

Thread Information