Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove online asterisk

Postaholic

Remove online asterisk

By popular demand, remove the online indicator. Bots tracking individual province activity doesn't need to be part of the game.

Perhaps allow it on your own kd so you can msg someone online for aid and so monarchs can coordinate easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    By popular demand, remove the online indicator. Bots tracking individual province activity doesn't need to be part of the game.

Perhaps allow it on your own kd so you can msg someone online for aid and so monarchs can coordinate easier.
    I think this is a good suggestion. I support this suggestion (fwiw).
    #magi

+1 The province online indicator should only be seen by your own kingdom.
    #CanWe-public @utonet

Post Fiend
    +1 !

Would it go under the bot radar if Activity/Online status was indicated by a color rather than the * ?

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Quacky-T View Post
    +1 !

Would it go under the bot radar if Activity/Online status was indicated by a color rather than the * ?
    The scripts get their data from utopias api I believe, so changing colours would still be identifiable

Veteran
    +1

I think some kingdoms are intimidated by activity and dealbreak war deals made for when to give a button because they can see activity. Bots tracking it also makes it far too easy to pick plunder targets, this shouldnt be part of the game. (But for as long as it's there, I do use munk's targetfinder to find my targets based on their activity. I'm not that much of an idealist.)

EDIT: I do think seeing who's online in your own kingdom makes it easier for ghetto's to organize stuff. Keeping it visible to your own kingdom is useful. I'm just not a fan of being able to see and track it on other kingdoms.
    Last edited by Uhm hoi; 06-07-2016 at 17:49.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

+1 also!

Enthusiast
    Lets not forget how nice it is to see 25vs25 online on war declare ;) this made utopia what it is and this is one of the reasons that keeps uto alive still. Its a impulse for all kds to improve seeing ur opponent bringing x players online

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Could someone explain why this is a problem? I don't get it...

Because (some) bots are tracking the activity of the players and you can tell who is being offline for long and therefore has gold.

I also suggest at war start KD's details to be hidden for KDs who don't participate in the war. Honor, NW and land.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I get that...but why is that a problem? I don't understand why understands why having plunder targets found much more easily is an issue that needs fixed...

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Could someone explain why this is a problem? I don't get it...
    1. Gives war advantage to kds that use a bot with this feature (target people when they sleep)
    2. Prevents wars as most monarchs will compare their activity vs anothers prior to engaging in a conflict
    3. Allows kd to snipe inactive provinces without even logging into the game (If I don't even have to log into the game to find a target, that's a problem)

I think the bigger question is other than the mild epeen bulge you get from seeing 25 online at once, what purpose does it have?

+1 support this and the KD stance of war enter/exit to avoid easy tracking of people who leaves war unless by manually finding them by taking snatch news.

The online indicator is annoying not only for those who aren't as active as other out of war but also in war, there is no reason for it and there is no reason an enemy should be able to see activity status unless you are in the same KD.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Post Fiend
    I have used the * to identify at least one potential bot/multi. In a 96h+ period the province was online every single tick. It's not maintaining 100% solid online status, but the province is refreshing every tick. That province has been active in the last 23 ticks currently. I stopped tracking it about 5 days ago.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I get that...but why is that a problem? I don't understand why understands why having plunder targets found much more easily is an issue that needs fixed...
    Before each (serious) war I track the sleeping patterns of each enemy player based on munk data. Then I plan our starvation tactics around it or our AW-waves to make sure he won't come online to re-cast CS. It shouldn't be like that :)

Thread Information