Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massacres in war

Enthusiast

Massacres in war

The guide says massacres in war destroy buildings, but I cant seem to find any information about what kind of damage the "raze" portion does. Can someone explain what the formula is for the number of destroyed buildings during this type of attack?

Thanks in advance.

I saw no info on buildings destroyed during war for Massacres.
    Massacre : Rampages through a province killing any population that can be found, including peasants, wizards, and thieves.
    Damage increased during war.
    Raze : Simply destroys a portion of the enemy lands and is not affected by differing province sizes.
    Only destroys buildings during war, but more buildings than normal.
    Last edited by Skank; 07-07-2016 at 16:46.

Forum Fanatic
    This is out-of-date information in the guide. Massacre used to destroy buildings on the side, but it was changed to massacre being worth a damn in war.

Strategy Moderator
    In NW range massacres kill 36% peasents, 28% tpa 15% wpa. It scales down when out of range.
    Raze un-builds 20% of each land category (which means if you are 50% built, raze takes you to 40% of built land).

Enthusiast
    I appreciate the responses. However, how many buildings do MASSACRES destroy?

Postaholic
    Mass only kills poeples. No effect on buildings.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Enthusiast
    So massacres no long destroy buildings in war? When did that change happen?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximII View Post
    Not sure exactly when, but long enough ago that I don't remember massacre razing buildings (at least 10 ages I guess)
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Post Fiend
    Several ages back I think. Massacres then was really OP...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximII View Post
    Age 61

When would a massacre be effective in a war, and on what kind of province. I don't see kingdoms massacre much, is it something you would do to a T/M ? If someone could give me an example where a massacre or chain massacre would be required in a war i would appreciate it.

On chained attackers. At this point of the age when you chain an attacker he gets to over 10 rwpa(and probably to 30+ mod with pumped sci). ET and FB are not NW or guild related so their success rate is insane and chaining attackers to kill their off could destroy your economy/thieves if you don't take care of them. This is when massacres are required.

Also when you chain 'enough' a t/m and he is not unbreakable for most attackers you can start massacring him.

EDIT: example - you have attacker at 2k acres with 2 rwpa - 4k wiz. Chained down to 400a - 10 rwpa.
    Last edited by Bo To; 08-07-2016 at 20:12.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Risedagain View Post
    When would a massacre be effective in a war, and on what kind of province. I don't see kingdoms massacre much, is it something you would do to a T/M ? If someone could give me an example where a massacre or chain massacre would be required in a war i would appreciate it.
    When you war sage core, faery, halfer etc. Actually this is one of my tricks as a province manager in war. I've used massacre on about anyone, along with raze and learn in war.

The way I fight(I'm in disorganized kingdoms)is I isolate provinces by creating nw gaps. I attempt to single out particular provinces and roll my armies into varitable relay taps. Through this augmented unique I'll hold a province in range and send it down in worse shape than the usual chain.

It's great for dealing with sages, but serves well against most any build. The ideal provinces for exercising these actions are undead tac, human tac, and avian anything. Speed is necessary to keep fluid acres in tow as you dissect your enemy with peripheral attacks.

For nw gap creation a standard example I use is ambushing higher nw enemy attackers and trad marching smaller nw attackers. The speed difference in ambush is the initial funnel cloud that leads to my divisional array. Ideally, each army returning 2 ticks apart.

If this doesn't make sense it's because I'm running unconventional attackers that are capable from spell casting and stealing. While this inevitably leads to a lower offense, my concentration in war is to crash enemy core as quickly and safely as possible.

Massacre on t/ms is considered a no-brainer if you have the will to follow through. Higher t/m defenses often mean the attacker in question will be chained, if only for having no incoming land. Most good kingdom mass t/ms if the can. With few exceptions and the right advantages, some don't have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    FB are not NW or guild related
    Wrong. It's not just as nw factoring as other spells.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Risedagain View Post
    In a lot of cases, I think massacres are more efficient than land attacks. Razes too. The problem isn't the province which will get f'ed up by those attacks, it's a question of whether your attackers can get away with using this or not. When attackers get chained with no or low acres incoming, it's much harder to recover from that chain and they'll likely lose quite a lot of offense over it. This is the reason we prefer to nightmare run. It's possible to nuke an opposing provinces defense, then have your attackers 2x trad the nm target, 1-2x topraze or massacre and bounce some t/m you'd like to chain with what's left.

This is a summary from our last war and it shows how efficient massacres can be. We were down in acres, but because of the massacres and top razes, we were about a mil nw ahead, the opposing kd was really low on peasants kd wide, no econ as a result and we had a massive advantage in ops. Note, almost all massacres were done on rogues, our opponents had a lot of rogues that ended up not being able to thieve anymore.

** Summary **
    Total attacks made: 421 (25,717 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 342 (24,506 acres)
    -- Ambush: 17 (1,178 acres)
    -- Conquest: 1 (33 acres)
    -- Raze: 6 (0 acres)
    -- Massacre: 40 (59,212 population)
    -- Learn: 7
    -- Failed: 8 (1.9% failure)
    -- Uniques: 148
    Total attacks suffered: 442 (29,030 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 387 (28,763 acres)
    -- Ambush: 5 (267 acres)
    -- Raze: 9 (0 acres)
    -- Massacre: 2 (1,059 population)
    -- Learn: 31
    -- Failed: 8 (1.8% failure)
    -- Uniques: 155
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Thread Information