Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Go

Played a bit of this recently.

Only up to level 18.

Living in a coastal town, we seem to get everything. So seems easy to pick up Magikarp etc. Especially on piers. ( We have two).

Bournemouth gardens is better than the grinding spot Octo posted but obvs not in the Central Park league.

I shalt grind away over the next few weeks and see if I can post a Gyro for Pam that is good.

Living in the country has benefits. Popping an incense means you get loads of rare spawns, rather than a pile of pidgeys and rattatas.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I keep hearing this, but when I popped an incense at my house I got 4 weedles, 2 pidgeys and 2 caterpies.

Do I need to literally stand in the middle of a corn field for this to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I keep hearing this, but when I popped an incense at my house I got 4 weedles, 2 pidgeys and 2 caterpies.

It has to be in a place with no visible pokestops or gyms, and where there's no pokemon spawns naturally. I've heard you also have to be away from roads, so probably best if you sit in a corn field, yes! Also, you should move around when you have an incense working, it causes more pokemon to spawn than if you're sitting still.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    How the hell do rural players get somewhere without roads? I've found PoGo to pick up all types of roads. I guess I could wander into the woods and hope I don't get shot by someone lol

How the hell do rural players get somewhere without roads? I've found PoGo to pick up all types of roads. I guess I could wander into the woods and hope I don't get shot by someone lol
    Out by my parents house, roads are only every ~mile. so you go far enough in back of their fields and there's no roads or anything. That's where I would suggest checking, I didn't have any incense when I last visited, but I'll try it next time I'm out there.

Do not try during hunting season though! Or during combining season, or chopping season... or dusting season...
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Just have blank sightings and no stops near. Nearest stop to me is 5 km away, road is right beside me though.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yea there's nothing near me but a road, but I'm pretty sure there's a spawn (which its kinda lame they don't display those anymore). Guess I can just take a short trip to nowhere and pop another one off...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    So I went out to the middle of nowhere, pulled off the road by some old farm equipment where I make sure there were no spawns and popped a lure.

I got 2 pidgeys, 1 fearow, 1 venonat, 1 caterpie, and 1 gloom. None of those are rare. At best the gloom could be considered uncommon.

Am I doing something wrong or does the game hate me?

I think it hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    I like watching people i know who are playing it and text them when they look away.phone buzzes and they jump thinking they found one.
    savage
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

So I went out to the middle of nowhere, pulled off the road by some old farm equipment where I make sure there were no spawns and popped a lure.

I got 2 pidgeys, 1 fearow, 1 venonat, 1 caterpie, and 1 gloom. None of those are rare. At best the gloom could be considered uncommon.

Am I doing something wrong or does the game hate me?
    I just go down to the gardens into the pier section of Bournemouth and then walk the 2km to Boscombe beach and the hill back up home.

Takes me an hour to an hour and a half to walk.

I'll post the results tomorrow from that walk.

( people usually lure the gardens/piers and it is heaving busy this time of year)

Enthusiast
    Windows Phone that I just bought isnt supported but as a 3rd party release.... =\
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    I like watching people i know who are playing it and text them when they look away.phone buzzes and they jump thinking they found one.
    lol

pokemon Go did get old really fast

Thread Information