Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you stop larger KDs from farming you?

Question How do you stop larger KDs from farming you?

So, we are basically a farm for larger KDs to get science and honor. What can we do to avoid/prevent this? There is currently a KD (1.3x our nw) who has made 30+ learns on us within a day and they are not stopping. Please provide help/guidance.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Have you asked them to stop?

Of course. And they are persistent. We are even in fortified for 24+ hours but the gains are too good :(

Needs to get out more
    Sages with the ability to cast amnesia can be a boon. I'm an elf sage guy myself, but faery can do megatons if developed properly. You can also draw off a portion of said kingdoms core, say 10 provinces and max gain them to total destruction. Any max that involves gains like learns and trads. It goes to war, but just wipe out an arm of the enemy. You'll lose your top, but that's probably happening anyways.

Or you can ask them to stop.

Frankly I'd take it to war and crush the core salient, breakable by the majority of your core. Chaining is overrated if it's the only way you fly. If you augment max gains with chaining, like say cross chaining with learns and total concentration by t/ms on attackers you can WD with a dirty smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

aak PM me with details...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

StratOcastle, that is some really useful advice and we will try that against KDs that are, let's say, 1.5x+ our own KD nw, where we can split the KD into our range and out of our range. However, this particular KD is a little closer. They are 1.3x our nw and are essentially forcing a war here to get higher in the war rankings unfairly. Both KDs have high war wins and I am betting if we war them (we will obviously lose since we very recently came out of war), they will probably be top 5 in warring. What a cheap way to get there. If we were the same nw, we would easily put up a good fight and might even win. It is unfortunate, rly :(
    We also have no sages.
    Last edited by aak12345; 14-07-2016 at 21:32. Reason: added, no sages.

Needs to get out more
    Next age. Nobody needs sages till they need them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

No one thinks about playing sage until they wish they were one once they start getting learned....played sage last age. Learned 0 times even as an attacker.
    - unknown

im bored, poke me on IRC, or pm me ingame
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    Poke! :-p
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    I don't know you in game :(

Post Fiend
    Interesting that Cr4zY AnImAlS is bothering you guys again. Seems like they've been busy making enemies this age :)
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Thanks. Learned something today.
    * Finally stopped trying to be an English Teacher after getting schooled.

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15383239

Forum Fanatic
    Ultimately you don't, short of someone bigger involving themselves. You can make the farmout expensive to a point, and if you play your cards right you can use forced war declare as a nuclear option. However during those 48 hours, the larger kingdom can farm a lot of land and potentially honor/sci as well, particularly on their large defensive provinces.

Before, the win reward was too great to even consider a war going to max meter, but now it's a legitimate last resort. Unfortunately you have to be out of nw range, otherwise the win reward dwarfs any setback you could hope to accomplish short of winning.

Enthusiast
    Play the meter and waste their time. If you dont war them they get no protection from other kds. massacre any tms you can break mercilessly. If your in fort raze them (raze ignores fort nerf). Keep MS up on them 24/7 and have your tms going oom/oos on other ops.

Like you said they are trying to force their way up in war wins. Dont let it go to war, just keep wasting their time and weakening them. when meter is close to max you can make 10-12 hits every day on decay and not take it to war. That isnt as many hits as they can make, but its still a freaking lot for a kd not in war protection to eat every day. eventually another kd will see how weak they are becoming and jump on them. Or you just waste their time until the age ends and they are frustrated that they didnt get a war at all.

You cant stop a bigger kd from farming you/ hitting you, you can refuse to CF them and just be a huge pain in the ass so that they can never safely move on to do anything else until the meter decays. which for 30 hits is probably over a week.
    All hail Bart of Farta

Post Fiend
    Drop to Fortified, cast BB, get 10-15% Schools and GS.

Thread Information