Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How is what BB is doing not against the rules?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AvAtar View Post
    Kind of wasting your time trying to defend your cause, as the wheels have already been set into motion.
    So the rumors are true that Panthira is all over Bart or vice versa and planning a GB on BB?

I like to post
    We're close but not yet on "I-do-your-laundry" terms :(

(for the feminazis --> this was a joke)

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by home.alone View Post
    So the rumors are true that Panthira is all over Bart or vice versa and planning a GB on BB?
    It doesn't have to be a GB or some multi-kingdom action. Does this offend you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    It doesn't have to be a GB or some multi-kingdom action. Does this offend you?
    Not really, I am in for it! But just that CR sparks this debate, Cr's pet bart whams it here and there and does a propoganda on panthira who is already sour that her noob kingdom couldnt win against BB in a fair war.

This sounds fun!

Nobody will GB BB except me and my poopster kingdom!!!

I like to post
    Not really, I am in for it! But just that CR sparks this debate, Cr's pet bart whams it here and there and does a propoganda on panthira who is already sour that her noob kingdom couldnt win against BB in a fair war.

This sounds fun!
    I'm not saying BB wouldn't have won on equal grounds (they probably would've), but to say CD v BB was a "fair" war is stretching it. 10% more land, more sci, more gc, a proper set-up vs random race/pers picks.

I will admit that CR keeps a tight leash on me so I am just waiting for Lord Zauper to command me. Where he goes I follow!

#<3poopsterKD

Scribe
    so instead of "just resetting" and gaining honor that way , you decided to defect them first, take their honor and then reset them? yea that sounds a lot more ethical...(insert a heavy sarcastic tone of voice here)

sadly enough all the while this discussion goes on I am looking for the thing that we are supposed to be distracted from :( if Bishop says this is legal then there is something else even more shady going on somewhere.

Scribe

I like to post
    I bow to you lord of Poop!

Needs to get out more
    Well I think this could be good for the community, if not for right and wrong, but for resource acquirement.

Folks get frustrated because they don't know how or even contemplate engaging a well run kingdom that pisses them off. How you do it is definitely not the way the community normally does it. I do get frustrated for my fellow small kingdoms because they seem to not get the way you hurt people.

Everybody knows how to hurt someone smaller. It's knowing how to hurt bigger and stronger entities that really counts. In a game world that revolves around the bigger fish theory, it's the fight in the dog theory that has the most traction. If you don't know your theories you go get googling.

But here's one. If you're going to steal from a bigger kingdom you should mention this to leadership. I realize we have fear based doctrine and they would tell the thief to stop. I have, but based in my moral idioms, not fear(actually I asked our monarch to send a CF to a top to prevent this meddling). Lets pretend the little kingdom has an epiphany and realizes the big kingdom will come knocking sooner or later, and they make a plan. Yes, a plan. What hurts? Look at the kingdom page, look at pump times, SN and see who they're crapping on.

Utopia is a tough game with a lot of real world parallels. You might have to be proactive to be making the most of your encounters. I don't and it's worked out fine, but then I'm not afraid of the big bad wolf. I just sit here till somebody hits me and it usually comes out in my favor.

Have fun. It's a game, so play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    so instead of "just resetting" and gaining honor that way , you decided to defect them first, take their honor and then reset them? yea that sounds a lot more ethical...(insert a heavy sarcastic tone of voice here)

sadly enough all the while this discussion goes on I am looking for the thing that we are supposed to be distracted from :( if Bishop says this is legal then there is something else even more shady going on somewhere.
    Defecting was for not losing any, it wasn't to gain from. Over the 3 provs we broke even or gained maybe 100-200? The first one we lost 3-400, 2nd roughly even, 3rd we gained some and that was due to doing twice the hits we did on the others.
    And with breakeven overall I meant that our 1st defected prov had 2800 hp before, we'd end up transferring about 600-700 back. So 2800-700-1800 = a net loss of 300 instead of 1000.

And:
    [15:38] <Bishop> protector you ******
    [15:43] <protector> why u call me ***** Bishop
    [15:43] <protector> did a lot of ppl report us?
    [15:44] <Bishop> yes you ******
    [15:44] <Bishop> im goign to change building nw next age

protector you should adress Bishop as dear friend from now on.

Post Demon

This sounds fun!
    Just to be clear, I don't speak for CR and never have, I speak for meep.

I brought this up in our slack and Zauper and Wuzi both said that since it wasn't actioned in the past when Pyro did it trying to prov crown that it wouldn't be actioned now.

I remain convinced that there is abusive potential here, particularly for land gain mid-age when pool is crucial, and I don't like situations where two KDs could do the exact same sequence of actions and have them be deemed against the rules or not arbitrarily.

I do think an ideal outcome would be that provinces can't interact with their originating KD in or out for 24 hours after defecting, and that an account that defects can not be given an invite back to the same kingdom in the same age.

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    I remain convinced that there is abusive potential here, particularly for land gain mid-age when pool is crucial, and I don't like situations where two KDs could do the exact same sequence of actions and have them be deemed against the rules or not arbitrarily.
    A fresh started province midage is next to useless in a fight. When there's still a competition going on, I don't think this is a very inviting strategy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    I do think an ideal outcome would be that provinces can't interact with their originating KD in or out for 24 hours after defecting, and that an account that defects can not be given an invite back to the same kingdom in the same age.
    How does a 24h cooldown really help tho? Most KD's in range of such provinces aren't likely to gamble on a quad retal, so 24h later you can still send out and do it in the same fashion.
    Or, lets say you're playing in a ghetto and your monarch decides to kill you. You defect to survive, so you wanna hit him and you can't.

Thread Information