Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How is what BB is doing not against the rules?

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    I remain convinced that there is abusive potential here, particularly for land gain mid-age when pool is crucial, and I don't like situations where two KDs could do the exact same sequence of actions and have them be deemed against the rules or not arbitrarily.

I do think an ideal outcome would be that provinces can't interact with their originating KD in or out for 24 hours after defecting, and that an account that defects can not be given an invite back to the same kingdom in the same age.
    No sense in arguing. I already fought that fight 1.5 year ago or so and lost. The admins prefer to run the game at their discretion and their discretion only, which is their good right. The only thing that seemingly changed is that in the past the policy was "I don't need proof, if I sniff something isn't right, I will delete" which changed into "I need solid proof before deleting".

I agree with your proposal, and perhaps add to that that the prov cannot hit any KD with which the originating KD is CFed.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    A fresh started province midage is next to useless in a fight. When there's still a competition going on, I don't think this is a very inviting strategy to use.

How does a 24h cooldown really help tho? Most KD's in range of such provinces aren't likely to gamble on a quad retal, so 24h later you can still send out and do it in the same fashion.
    Or, lets say you're playing in a ghetto and your monarch decides to kill you. You defect to survive, so you wanna hit him and you can't.
    Except, if the prov quad retals, it is now wide open to be farmed.

If you don't quad retal and wait the 24 hours to send out and farm it with your kd, the prov has gbp stacked up and has already lost the top acres that would be the benefit of defecting it in the first place.

As for new provinces mid-age, mid-age whoring is easy, and if you read meeps next thread about abuse of mechanics, you find out that you can have near infinite TB space to make even your most poverty-striken new province well trained and ready to bang.

Except, if the prov quad retals, it is now wide open to be farmed.

If you don't quad retal and wait the 24 hours to send out and farm it with your kd, the prov has gbp stacked up and has already lost the top acres that would be the benefit of defecting it in the first place.

As for new provinces mid-age, mid-age whoring is easy, and if you read meeps next thread about abuse of mechanics, you find out that you can have near infinite TB space to make even your most poverty-striken new province well trained and ready to bang.
    I find it fairly unlikely that you can't adapt a province to be so well trained, nobody else can or wants to touch it. In a no-fighting state, whore kds are in pumpbuilds on as few military as they can afford.
    In a fighting state, they are preparing for a fight and would (likely) not want interruption.

You can't purchase science higher than extreme neither can you increase the # of wizards other than what your buildings allow. Intra robbing just gives you gc, it doesnt give you wizards/science.

Forum Addict
    Just enjoy looking at a kingdom where all the honor is on attackers instead of those traditional T/M races. It's a refreshing sight and you may not see it again after this age.

You can wrap a piece of **** in tin foil and call it whatever you want but its still just a piece of **** wrapped in tin foil.

The tin foil crown.
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    I find it fairly unlikely that you can't adapt a province to be so well trained, nobody else can or wants to touch it. In a no-fighting state, whore kds are in pumpbuilds on as few military as they can afford.
    In a fighting state, they are preparing for a fight and would (likely) not want interruption.

You can't purchase science higher than extreme neither can you increase the # of wizards other than what your buildings allow. Intra robbing just gives you gc, it doesnt give you wizards/science.
    If I can trade land off to TMs at the expense of having a low science/wpa bottom 2-3 provs at mid-age, who are still military heavy and finish off chains, I don't see why that's a bad thing.

Especially if it's putting my TMs another 1000-2000 acres above the whore cap and out of reach of my opponents core.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    You can wrap a piece of **** in tin foil and call it whatever you want but its still just a piece of **** wrapped in tin foil.

The tin foil crown.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Teach me your forum warrior ways :(

I like to post
    Teach me your forum warrior ways :(
    Well there are a few things you simply need to take for granted:

1. About 90% of the people posting on these forums are not interested in an honest argument. They post for either of the following 3 reasons:

A: ****-talk competition/aggressors to obtain goodwill/release anger.
    B: Defend against ****-talk by competition/aggressors.
    C: Trolling/angering other users.

2. The arguments used on these forums are mostly:

A: Deflecting/placing counter claims --> BB does bottomfeeding --> but CR and Pyro also did --> thus it is a legit tactic.
    B: Ignoring inconvenient parts of the message and only responding to those you CAN counter.
    C: Damaging the credibility of those posting against you --> You are wrong because... you have no crowns/you lost a war/you are bad at this game/you have only little posts/I don't recognize your nickname/you didn't play back when people were good.

Kinda tired atm, I might post more on the strategy section for new players to find their way on these forums :) perhaps some in-depth analysis of the major participants.

Needs to get out more
    Always cover your flanks unless you're sandbagging. Always set up at least two lines of sandbagging. If your enemies flank is wide open test for sandbagging. If the test is negative be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    1. About 90% of the people posting on these forums are not interested in an honest argument.
    I'm not really keen on that number. I think that 90% of the "loudest" people on these forums are not interested in an honest argument, but you do have many simple-readers-random-posters who don't have agendas. You'd be better off classifying people into two categories... the loudmouths and the floaters. Loudmouth doesn't necessarily mean annoying, just vocal. For instance, Strat0 is a loudmouth, but because he's vocal and active in conversation, and he easily falls into the other 10% of his category; you'll rarely find a more honest debater because he has no agenda other than promoting his thick wood. (Yeah, we know what your sig line is REALLY about dude.)

Floaters are those who just like to interject randomness into threads or add opinions in one-shot bursts that they don't require a reply to or need to engage in a back-and-forth over. (Not to be confused with the poop in your toilet that doesn't sink.)

But yes, most of the noisy debaters are not looking to have arguments for the sake of healthy discussion, they are only looking to win arguments for the sake of furthering their agendas.

This is how our Poopster Kingdom whack the opponents!!

Hmmmmm....So some of y'all don't like the method BB is using to gain honor. The difference between them and #2 is 5k honor.

If you cant beat them, join them? wSk could do the same thing and gain whatever there is to be gained (i only read so much of how fruitful this method actually is). Or wSk could win a war, since it doesnt look like BB will be doing that anytime soon. They are #1 on the WW chart after all, another win shouldnt be implausible.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfinger View Post
    Hmmmmm....So some of y'all don't like the method BB is using to gain honor. The difference between them and #2 is 5k honor.

If you cant beat them, join them? wSk could do the same thing and gain whatever there is to be gained (i only read so much of how fruitful this method actually is). Or wSk could win a war, since it doesnt look like BB will be doing that anytime soon. They are #1 on the WW chart after all, another win shouldnt be implausible.
    wSk should go for it then!

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfinger View Post
    Seekers don't have the CF web in place to pull off what BB is doing, and actually getting another war is the implausible part.

Thread Information