Don't ever expect a politician to act within the scope of moral behavior. The mistake followers make is dismissing wisdom because of its source. So Cruz is/was a communist but he makes a plea vs idiocracy. The fact anyone is a follower is a sad affair in itself. We should be independent and agree, not practitioners of blind faith.

I'm old enough to know the world we have now is a cartoon of the one we could've had. Most politicians are essentially salesmen who work for a maniacal cause. We can pick apart every salesman in the world but maybe once in a while a moral epiphany falls upon them and they must say the right thing.

Eisenhower did things inconsistent with his apparent understanding of the world. This, in my mind, provides the evidence of influences in our government that are not morally with the people. Call it what you will, but we're blaming ourselves for electing the 2 worst candidates available for either party. I simply don't trust the machine. I think it's both rigged and I think a path of coercion is apparent. I'm convinced we are deceived into believing it's our fault, but I don't buy into the self loathing.

Who in their right mind would vote for either candidate if it wasn't for the fear of the other side?

Both parties are tools to achieve the same objectives.