Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does intra Rob The Towers not destroy runes?

Post Demon

Why does intra Rob The Towers not destroy runes?

Step 1). Build extra towers
    Step 2). Release thieves
    Step 3). Have poor province max send RTT
    Step 4). Aid runes back
    Step 5). Repeat
    Step 6). Functionally infinite TB space!

---

Discuss and stay tuned this week for round 3 of 'why the hell do game mechanics allow this?' later this week.

You came up with this idea now?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You came up with this idea now?
    Nope, have seen it used to clear TB space for explores or provs that need pumped

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    Step 1). Build extra towers
    Step 2). Release thieves
    Step 3). Have poor province max send RTT
    Step 4). Aid runes back
    Step 5). Repeat
    Step 6). Functionally infinite TB space!

---

Discuss and stay tuned this week for round 3 of 'why the hell do game mechanics allow this?' later this week.
    You realize this has been happening for like 16 years right? Or as long as tb has been around, which happened a long, long time ago.
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    You realize this has been happening for like 16 years right? Or as long as tb has been around, which happened a long, long time ago.
    I do, and it seems completely contrary to the intended cap on aid without tax and the fact that intra-robbing gold destroys gold.

So it, much like defecting to farm, seems obviously to be an unintended use of game mechanics.

A small prov can clear tens of times over its NW in positive TB space to receive aid using this, which is something clearly not intended.

How do you know it was not intended? Maybe it was left that way exactly for that reason? You're making assumptions :P
    #Beastblood

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    How do you know it was not intended? Maybe it was left that way exactly for that reason? You're making assumptions :P
    Why does aid tax exist?

Does it make sense that there should be an incredibly simple and not officially documented means to completely circumvent aid tax?

Why does everyone try and obliviously defend things that are so blatantly unintentional?

I do, and it seems completely contrary to the intended cap on aid without tax and the fact that intra-robbing gold destroys gold.

So it, much like defecting to farm, seems obviously to be an unintended use of game mechanics.

A small prov can clear tens of times over its NW in positive TB space to receive aid using this, which is something clearly not intended.
    Intra robbing doesnt destroy gold...

Post Demon
    Intra robbing doesnt destroy gold...
    You sure about that? I'm reasonably sure it does take more gold than you get, but I might be wrong.

Also, rob the vaults is NW-weighted, RTT is not, so you can rob towers from your cow but not rob gold from it anywhere near as effectively.

You sure about that?
    Just tried it out, you are thinking about plunder. runes are just used cause its easier to produce huge amounts of it and the trade value is good enough.

intra robbing GC does in fact destroy portions of the gains

May 23 of YR13 1,152,889 gold coins were stolen from our coffers!

Early indications show that our operation was a success. Our thieves have returned with 1,037,600 gold coins.
    Last edited by Binar; 24-07-2016 at 16:31.
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Enthusiast
    Just tried it out, you are thinking about plunder. runes are just used cause its easier to produce huge amounts of it and the trade value is good enough.
    You are wrong. A portion of GC does get destroyed. The losses shown on the robbed prov will not equal the one shown on the thief op.
    Last edited by astron; 24-07-2016 at 16:28.
    The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must

Dementia - Old School - BeastBlood - BlameMod

Needs to get out more
    When I was regularly playing table top games there were always holes/meta. It came to pass over years of gaming and maturing that it wasn't worth exploiting because it ruined the game. If the game master can't challenge the team and the team operates totally illogically to real world examples, it's just work.

We had developed into such a dynamic team that we honestly didn't need the meta. Then as now, I see these commonly exploited mechanics and I play Utopia with self imposed handicaps. Didn't come here to ruin the game and I don't feel outgunned by the kingdoms that exploit the meta.

There are a number of mechanical geniuses that find chasing meta the point of the game. Despite this view I can tell you from my experience and wisdom that it's an empty goal. You'll feel you've defeated something, but all you've done is wasted your time. There's nothing to return to. Unlike my life which wasn't wrought with social media hypnotism, most of you have a trial ahead. Live in dreamland or be alone.

There's always someone to talk to, but you'll be erasing a point of nostalgia in your life. I can always return to my D&D books and the lineage of friends and family who play. Don't pretend there's always a font of mingling out there. As you age it begins to decline, for good or bad.

Utopia has been good to many of you and you should spend your ages being good to it. Like I said, I don't need to random, I don't need bots. You don't either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    intra robbing GC does in fact destroy portions of the gains

May 23 of YR13 1,152,889 gold coins were stolen from our coffers!

Early indications show that our operation was a success. Our thieves have returned with 1,037,600 gold coins.

Quote Originally Posted by astron View Post
    You are wrong. A portion of GC does get destroyed. The losses shown on the robbed prov will not equal the one shown on the thief op.
    Figured thats been a display thing, but it seems a portion are destroyed when robbing gold or bushels intra kd not runes. The more you know.. etc.

I think this all stems back to what you enjoy about the game. If you enjoy chasing the meta, then so be it. If you enjoy warring war. If you enjoy land crowns, go for land crowns. Its not abuae, its just a different way of accomplishing your goals in the game.

Everyone screams about it being unfair or against the "spirit of the game", but in reality the spirit of the game is up to the people. Just because you think it wasn't intended, doesn't mean the game designers thought that way. Its completely possible that there was something instituted to be able to overcome a hindrance...say getting destroyed in war, where you received large amounts of aid to keep your prov going.
    #Beastblood

Thread Information