Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seems as though I need to start looking for a KD...

Seems as though I need to start looking for a KD...

Ummmm I don't know what people are looking for. However, it appears pyro is done now so if I am going to play next age and not just random, I need to see where I could play.

Me: A bit more sarcastic than many people can handle. However, of late, I have been very busy so social interactions have not been an issue for many ages. I do IRC, I do Whatsapp, etc.

Play style: I tend not to be anal about calculating everything. I shoot from the hip a LOT but my shooting from the hip reliably has put me within 5% or less of the optimal stuff that Maximouse and Hawk were spending hours calculating so I don't feel too bad about it. If someone really is nuts about being competitive I can calculate it, I just generally don't think its necessary. I prefer to play a/t whenever there is an age that the mechanics let me. Otherwise I can play whatever, but generally people prefer that I TM because I am a pretty solid TM province manager (read, I don't get massacred into oblivion or eaten alive very often and that only after a pretty big effort to prep me for that).

Baggage: I have gotten into numerous stupid fights, burned pleanty of bridges and annoyed a good deal of people back in the days when I thought there was a point to trying to argue about things. Meh....

Experience: I played a little bit back in the dark days of betas to age 3. I started "full time" the first age that undeads could actually be CHOSEN as a race (I think that was age 4). I got scooped up by a KLA KD sometime around age 10 or so. Played with KLA KDs through age 29, moved to monolith till age 33 or 34 something like that, retired until ave 48, came back and formed monument (a moderately successful war KD) with maximouse, elmo and raikon. Played with monument till we burned out around at 58 or 59 I think. FLoated around a few kingdoms like roughnecks and pewpew, not really finding a good fit anwywhere, pissed off people. Landed in pyro, crowned, pissed off some more people and have stagnated in pyro ever since.

Looking for, a KD that at least tries to be motivated at war time. The KD can try to compete for land, thats fine, but honestly, unless the roster is right, its a complete waste of time, so I anticipate by the end of week 3, my enthusiasm for that will probably die unless the roster can handle it.

I a NOT interested in coaching anyone, training anyone, sharing my knowledge beyond the occasional (and probabaly at least some of the time snarky) comments and suggestions. I have zero interest in leadership or being in control of anything at all.'

I can/will do IRC whatsapp, whatever ... happy to use stinger, munk, upo, whatever. I will NOT install an add-on for regular use for intel. There are some machines I can install it, and that is fine, there are other machines that security protocols require I don't so I will just manually update stuff.

I think that about covers it. leave me a message here, or find me in irc as "sheister" on utonet and we can see if we may be a good fit.

thanks for reading my novel.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Im gonna assassinate someone in FS so you can cuddle with us. Just need to find a good target... looking at Yume. :P
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

Post Fiend
    My kd could always use experienced players who can hold their own. Our kd name is AvArice, started up last age and are doing pretty good so far. Dunno what you're looking for in terms of age goals but we are a warring kd. What you may lack in enthusiasm we make up for in spades :). We use whatsapp and upoopu which seems to be fine with you. Anyway, if you're interested lmk.

Postaholic
    I skimmed because it was long and I wing it a lot of the time. Calculating is way to much work. We are never in irc, I don't want a coach. I want peeps that know thier ****, show up in war and beat the piss out of others in a calculated fashion following orders as we bring everyone down. Sarcastic I am, others are always welcome. If interested, let's talk.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Post Fiend
    Hi Sheister, if you are interested, Green would love to invite you to our KD.

Veteran
    I'm sort of in the same boat as Sheister, though maybe a little less sarcastic. Played forever, prefer attackerific TM (TM but understanding how that role works in modern Utopia, i.e., not a fat and happy semi-active nudge who never attacks). Take me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Selephant View Post
    My kd could always use experienced players who can hold their own. Our kd name is AvArice, started up last age and are doing pretty good so far. Dunno what you're looking for in terms of age goals but we are a warring kd. What you may lack in enthusiasm we make up for in spades :). We use whatsapp and upoopu which seems to be fine with you. Anyway, if you're interested lmk.
    And we like sarcasm. Or, at least I do :)

Sheister. I'm coming to you from the relatively ghetto 1d1ot5 Kingdom. Hoping you can join. We have a whatsapp group and are fairly active in wars. Outside wars we usually chill and jab at each other on whatsapp for fun. Made up of mostly long time retired players just hanging about having some fun which lets us have our sleep (army in/out of course, but we arrange it so that we can sleep peacefully through the night)

UMMMMM Sheister! come join me in VnV -- would love to hang out with you again! msg me if you are interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    Played forever, prefer a TM, not a fat and happy semi-active nudge who never attacks. Take me too!
    Damn bro we have 5 other Texans in our Ghetto. 3 from Austin. We went 0/8 and working on war loss 9. 22 very active but clueless mates. I have no invites left but next age is nigh. We like to war, maybe we'll get better at it next age? We use in game chat and Poo

I'd invite Sheister but he is not from Texas.

We so ghetto, we puts our food stamps in a money clip. We so ghetto, we brings fried chicken and waffles to the movie theater.
    Last edited by Skank; 01-08-2016 at 17:27.
    I may be paranoid but that does not mean they aren't out to get me It needs more cowbell.

Regular
    Skank, you live in 5th Ward? LOL....

Live in PA now, but from Stinkagetdowndena! (Pasadena, TX!) If your still looking we are ok on current score and with New Age we will have about 8 slots open. Currently 6:14

If you're still looking for a place, look up Sjet or Queenmab on IRC. They have room in their fun (and slightly nsfw) kd.

- Dumno
    PEW PEW PEW!

Post Fiend
    For what it's worth, Setters is going to try for a ww crown. Message me. You'll fit in fine, sarcasm and all.

Veteran
    Er... tldr but we have space for 1 more.... EoA is neigh, but to get 5/9 we may need to get our enemy to 50% of our NW. Want to sign up, and grow as much NW as you can while in protection? There's not enough time left to fight.
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    Er... tldr but we have space for 1 more.... EoA is neigh, but to get 5/9 we may need to get our enemy to 50% of our NW. Want to sign up, and grow as much NW as you can while in protection? There's not enough time left to fight.
    Speaking of calculating everything. .. show me what you can do. You'll only be able to explore, only have 3 days, need to get as much NW as possible. He he he
    Long live Mehul!

Thread Information