Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: age 69 final changes

Enthusiast

age 69 final changes

Got some questions, figured id start a gen thread for comments / questions.

Sci changes: thank you so much for all the info. One major piece of info needed for understanding the sci system is what are the caps. Examples of unmodded (no sage no orc etc) sci cap effects. When you reach the sci cap for channeling is it +100% channeling or +200% ??

Some other info wouls be nice, but this is the biggest wild card. Pls pls help. Ty.
    All hail Bart of Farta

Post Fiend
    I'll move my question from the other thread here. In keeping with the science question:

How do science bonuses work with the cap?

Assume the cap for crime science is 100% - If I run rogue, does that mean I can allocate 50 professors and get 175% total crime science? Or does it mean that anything over 29 professors is wasted (29 * 2% * 1.75 = 101.5%).

Postaholic
    Bishop, pls fix dates.

Schedule
    Age 68 End: Friday 16th August 5th at 6PM GMT
    Age 69 Freeze Start: Saturday 6th August at 6PM GMT
    Age 69 Protection Start: Tuesday 9th August at 6PM GMT
    Age 69 Protection End: Wednesday 10th April at 6PM GMT

16th and April.

Extra professors once you reach the cap provide no additional effects. Caps are, and I am not at my PC now to check, 30 alc, 15 be, 10 pop, 100 food, 10 mil and 100 for magic/ thievery. Sage etc extend caps
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    I'll move my question over too so Bishop can answer them all in 1 place

1) Are the science effect flat increase (aka 5 professor in housing = +10% max pop)?
    2) Do all the different categories have different max cap / scaling? Cause it doesn't make sense that 2% food = 2% pop
    3) What is the chance of spawning a new scientist every tick?

No, not flat
    Different caps, as above
    You can figure that out yourselves.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Hey Bishop question about extra stewards - it seems like a good idea but it's not been implemented. Is there a technical reason for it or something or has it been decided against by the powers that be? Or maybe an idea to come back to later or something?
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    No, not flat
    Then how does it work?
    Is every professor going to give me 2% of the cap bonus in that category then? Does that mean I need 50 professor to hit the cap of that category?

Edit: Nvm Bishop amended his post. I guess that means that scientists in different category give different % bonus.
    In that case can we know how many scientist are required to hit the cap bonus for each category?
    Last edited by drkzeraga; 05-08-2016 at 17:21.

Regular

What about ww? Does it provide scientist?

Postaholic
    Bishop, just for clarification, when you say "You would need about 120 professors to cap out every kind of science." Does that mean 120 professor all together is all that is needed to max out all categories? Or is it 120 needed to cap out say pop sci, then another 120 for income, 120 for BE, etc.

Thanks.

Just seems that if it is 120 altogether to get all caps, then it seems very easy to hit all caps by mid age with Revelate and a few abducts.

Also, can you release the effect of labaratories?

10% land at 100% BE gives what bonus? 15% increased chance of generating a scientist per day?

Veteran
    Also also, what about abduct? Will you be taking 3-4 scientists early age? Can a province lose ALL of its scientists? If all you did was abduct for 3 straight weeks, could you get 250 scientists?

Do scientists have tenure, or can they be fired if they don't teach enough classes but focus too much on their research? (This one is a joke.)

Postaholic
    I imagine it would be much like this age, around 10% of the scientists are taken per Abduct (without any modifiers from Universities/Sage/GS/+gains etc

how would the science effectiveness of rogue and mystic work for the new science changes?

Postaholic
    This sounds cool.

Thread Information