Peanuts Theme:

Hello and welcome to The Virtual Kingdom for Age 69. This age I chose a theme reminiscent of childhood. We use to read Peanuts in the funny papers, watch the holiday specials and even read a few of the book compilations. Little did I know Charles Schulz was methodically building my appreciation for jazz. My attempt was to eliminate characters that nobody would want to play. So at least I put a little thought into who might play Sally or Truffles.

The Build Strategy:

Bridging the gap between fun and efficiency is always intriguing. I'm not under the impression this represents the most efficient use of race and personality. It represents a balance between effectiveness, player input and my personal feel for the game. I wanted to offer the core some color to their purpose. The thief/mage personalities are narrowed for the sake of effectiveness. Heretic is something of a blessing and a curse in that I'd love to push sage to the thief/mage races, but my motive is based in diplomatic strength vs larger kingdoms. Heretic is clearly more effective in the daily war grind. I'll admit hesitation in omitting most faeries from heretic. This was due to having very little evidence players enjoyed this combination despite its look on paper. While I still debate within myself wether an orc tactician may've been a better choice for the 25th position, the player input pointed to heretic. The hope is that the overall economic strength of this build strategy can get the faeries up and running ASAP.

The core may look convoluted but I've arranged for multiple engagements of differing enemy core constitutions. While doing this I also was formulating the impact vs enemy thief/mage arrays. Suffice to say you can't win them all. The core meta spikes at avian tactician, human cleric and orc sage. Each are capable in different ways that warranted their inclusion to my mind.

Avian cleric - Woodstock
Avian tactician - Snoopy
Avian warrior - The Red Baron

Dwarf sage - Linus
Dwarf war hero - Rerun
Dwarf war hero - The Security Blanket

Elf heretic - The Little Red-Haired Girl
Elf heretic - The Kite-Eating Tree
Elf heretic - The Great Pumpkin

Faery mystic - Lucy
Faery mystic - Violet
Faery mystic - Frieda*

Halfling rogue - Joe*Shlabotnik
Halfling rogue - Truffles
Halfling rogue -*Eudora

Human cleric - Pig-Pen
Human sage - Charlie Brown
Human warrior - Schroeder*

Orc cleric - Olaf
Orc sage - Marcie
Orc warrior - Peppermint Patty

Undead tactician - Sally
Undead tactician - Spike
Undead war hero - Joe Cool

Faery heretic - Miss Othmar*

~ Thank you, and as always, all comments are welcome.