Thread: Feelings ~ TVK 69

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Needs to get out more

Feelings ~ TVK 69

Peanuts Theme:

Hello and welcome to The Virtual Kingdom for Age 69. This age I chose a theme reminiscent of childhood. We use to read Peanuts in the funny papers, watch the holiday specials and even read a few of the book compilations. Little did I know Charles Schulz was methodically building my appreciation for jazz. My attempt was to eliminate characters that nobody would want to play. So at least I put a little thought into who might play Sally or Truffles.

The Build Strategy:

Bridging the gap between fun and efficiency is always intriguing. I'm not under the impression this represents the most efficient use of race and personality. It represents a balance between effectiveness, player input and my personal feel for the game. I wanted to offer the core some color to their purpose. The thief/mage personalities are narrowed for the sake of effectiveness. Heretic is something of a blessing and a curse in that I'd love to push sage to the thief/mage races, but my motive is based in diplomatic strength vs larger kingdoms. Heretic is clearly more effective in the daily war grind. I'll admit hesitation in omitting most faeries from heretic. This was due to having very little evidence players enjoyed this combination despite its look on paper. While I still debate within myself wether an orc tactician may've been a better choice for the 25th position, the player input pointed to heretic. The hope is that the overall economic strength of this build strategy can get the faeries up and running ASAP.

The core may look convoluted but I've arranged for multiple engagements of differing enemy core constitutions. While doing this I also was formulating the impact vs enemy thief/mage arrays. Suffice to say you can't win them all. The core meta spikes at avian tactician, human cleric and orc sage. Each are capable in different ways that warranted their inclusion to my mind.

Avian cleric - Woodstock
    Avian tactician - Snoopy
    Avian warrior - The Red Baron

Dwarf sage - Linus
    Dwarf war hero - Rerun
    Dwarf war hero - The Security Blanket

Elf heretic - The Little Red-Haired Girl
    Elf heretic - The Kite-Eating Tree
    Elf heretic - The Great Pumpkin

Faery mystic - Lucy
    Faery mystic - Violet
    Faery mystic - Frieda*

Halfling rogue - Joe*Shlabotnik
    Halfling rogue - Truffles
    Halfling rogue -*Eudora

Human cleric - Pig-Pen
    Human sage - Charlie Brown
    Human warrior - Schroeder*

Orc cleric - Olaf
    Orc sage - Marcie
    Orc warrior - Peppermint Patty

Undead tactician - Sally
    Undead tactician - Spike
    Undead war hero - Joe Cool

Faery heretic - Miss Othmar*

~ Thank you, and as always, all comments are welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Needs to get out more
    Further thoughts:

I certainly don't discount the views Bart has in regards to faery heretic vs elf. From a pure performance basis the faery makes a ton of sense. The faery will be more resistant to a variety of attacks. This matters if, and I think Bart is right, that the enemy will see the heretic as more dangerous than mystics.

I'm going to run a survey to see.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 19-08-2016 at 21:19.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    ~ The Magnum Stack Virtual Kingdom ~

3 avian tactician - fastest
    3 dwarf sage - most science leverage
    3 elf mystic - deepest wpa breaker
    3 faery heretic - most peripheral damage
    3 halfling rogue - deepest tpa breaker
    3 human cleric - most durable
    3 orc warrior - most direct damage
    3 undead war hero - most immune
    1 elf heretic - best balanced contributor

The purpose of The Magnum Stack Virtual Kingdom isn't necessarily the ideal template, but an example of each race with an ideal depth of leverage. While some may see the undead war hero as underwhelming I've seen this strat appeal to a number of solid players. We had an undead war hero in kingdom last age and he did well. In previous ages I've been in a number of random exchanges with undead war heroes and can vouch for it's formidable craft.

The faery heretic is admittedly a "potential" build, but we'll project a kingdom that supports each faery with 7 provinces.
    ________
    Weed bowls

The Alamo

Fae/Rog, Wm B Travis, Monarch, Skank - I like her

Av/Wr, David Crocket, Frank Zauper & the Mothers had the best place around
    Av/Wr, Richard Starr, kendy
    Av/Wr, Damacio Jiménez, Sweetiepie

Dw/Sg, Jim Bowie, Binar
    Dw/Sg, William George, sl0hnd cause I'm related to him and I'm smart
    Dw/Sg, Thomas P. Hutchinson, neanderthal TX is west of Tonto

El/Hr, Cpt Almaron Dickinson, Anri
    El/Hr, John Johnson, JohnnyReid
    El/Hr, Byrd Lockhart, Bishop cause he is a heretic.

Fa/My, Antonio Menchaca, beans lotsa Pintos in TX
    Fa/My, Andrés Nava, CR7 cause he speaks Spanish
    Fa/My, Ignacio Gurrea, texn

Hf/Ro, William DePriest Sutherland, Attero
    Hf/Ro, Jose Sebastian "Luciano" Pacheco, Palem cause Pacheco is almost pokemon
    Hf/Ro, William Taylor, protector cause I need a Protector

Hu/Cl, Prospect McCoy, bdbcoyote
    Hu/Cl, James Nash, Goodlilwitch cause she is green
    Hu/Cl, Asa Walker, BulletClub

Or/Tc, Joe Travis, Opapa
    Or/Tc, Vicente Zepeda, Pandathaway
    Or/Tc, Anthony Wolf, Goodwitch

Un/Wh, George Taylor, handofthrawn
    Un/Wh, Henry Thomas, Panthira
    Un/Wh, John Spratt, Stratocaster cause he kinda stinks like Undead

Av/Wr cause they're fast and can best use +3% or extra 5th attack of +1 Gen
    Dw/Sg extra everything
    El/Hr good attacker w/ magic and Thf
    Fa/My METEORS Chas Storms etc did I mention Meteors? QF
    Hf/Ro steal amunition
    Hu/Cl fewer cassulties Undead hunters, QF
    Or/Tc fast, collect intel as scouts
    Un/WH we dont care bout Drags, Undead killers, expensive Ghouls converted on attack

1st time I play TVK, did I do OK Strat?
    I looked throughout the forum for as many Texans as possible. I know I missed some.

So before war, we all hang out in The Bony Skank Tavern on the Camino Real in San Antonio to drink coffee. OMG heck no. We fill up on Stanky Skanky Ale. Its unfortunate cause most of the ppl in the KD are Veterans and Monarchs and bickering about strategy breaks out.
    All of Us have bitter enemies so the entire rest of the server attacks on March 6th Yr 3
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 02-09-2016 at 19:33.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Needs to get out more
    Brilliantly done, sl0hnd.

I didn't know CR7 can speak Spanish. You think you hardly know someone...

Love the crossover and thoughtfulness. I've often wanted to match players with province play styles, etc.

If you don't play RPGs you probably should.

I was born in San Antonio you may or may not know, but my family moved to Ohio when I was 3 weeks old. My extended family speaks French.

I've been devising team setups like the divisions in previous TVKs. In my new version I'm attempting to create teams based in their favored array. Like beach volleyball is a 2 player dynamic, basketball 5, 11 in soccer and football. I conceive these team setups as subgroups to the whole. This might reduce arguments and enhance healthy competition.

I notice you pointed out undead killers. I share the same concept. I'd rather do the majority of engagements vs undead with plague immune provinces to both save runes and avoid the temporary incapacitation involved in plague.

Your set also shares all around speed in the core. Additionally, the orcs and dwarves have decent ops defense. If dwarves can be counted on to land amnesia vs enemy core it can be useful in prelude to NM waves.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 01-09-2016 at 23:51.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Fiend
    Strato im having a hard time private msging you through the forums. is there any chance you could private msg me your email or province name so i can msg you back? everytime i send a msg through here it says sent... but the sent folder is empty

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by RollinHammer View Post
    Strato im having a hard time private msging you through the forums. is there any chance you could private msg me your email or province name so i can msg you back? everytime i send a msg through here it says sent... but the sent folder is empty
    That's odd. I did clear my folder so maybe that might be related.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information