Thread: So I'm gonna fae/wh

So I'm gonna fae/wh

lol. I think it'll be entertaining and fun. That's the goal here.

So, I landed in the ghetto. Like... bottom 25% of kds from last age. I've made up my mind that I'm going to stick around in this little ghetto. I could be a nice person and choose orc or undead to be stronger for my little ghetto but I'm afraid I've grown bored of the cookie cutters. I want to try something with a little more pizzaz.

I came to the conclusion of fae/wh. The debonair! Fonzie would be jealous.

Now I need to flaunt my style and I'm unsure of the best way to go about it. WWOD. What would Octobrev do? Kidding. That guy's clueless. ;)

But in all seriousness... If you were half as retarded as I am, how would you go about this?

I like to post
    If you can invite me i will go FA/WH just for give you competition ;)

Actually any setup can work in right place. If your Kd is dark ghetto you will war same kind KDs. Wont be hard for you to farm honor in war and protect your.
    Only risk i see is end age with zero wars! Its possible too :)

P.S.
    Octo can teach you how to B2B get Pked. He is best at it :D
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

if it's that bad of a ghetto, you'll still be better than most of their attackers! haha

Run it with like a 65/35 o-spec/elite ratio, running stables and other normal attacker buildings. In a ghetto like that, you can sacrifice military for more t/m power since your opponents will suck anyway. You just need to break other attackers really.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Still needs more cowbell

Would Fae / Warrior not be a better choice? The +10 OE, and 1+Gen for hitting all those chained nublets or for extra OP. (IF you can get your KD to chain?)

We's so ghetto we pretends our empty ciggies pack is a cellphone
    Last edited by Skank; 09-08-2016 at 06:03. Reason: needed more cowbell
    I may be paranoid but that does not mean they aren't out to get me It needs more cowbell.

I have no idea on the chaining potential of my kingdom. I just got here. :-D So far it seems as if there are at least 3 or 4 people that know what they are doing.

Maybe not though... Nobody so far has told me I'm an imbecile for going fae/wh. Could just be because nobody else has been online. Or maybe it's because nobody in my kingdom is American and they are all too nice to call me retarded... Either way, it's cool!

Fae/war did cross my mind, but a warrior doesn't seem to possess the suave nature of a war hero. I fully realize that unless I stack on the honor, the war hero persona is mostly wasted and I accept that. I may be a peasant war hero all age, but a hero I will be nonetheless!

Fae/WH is the decision. Now, what in the hell am I going to do with that?

I was thinking for OOP I would train about 400 thieves and the rest straight into off specs. With the first hit I'll be able to convert up to about 1.5-2k elites (I think?). My little ghetto wants to war as soon as possible OOP, so unless war starts before my troops get home from the initial hit(s), I'll be stylin'.

The problem I run into is... what do I do for the next 3 months? ;)

With the way sci works now I think it'll be possible to throw everything into crime/channeling at the beginning and take advantage of the other nubs that spread their sci out in the early wars. Especially with +1 mana/stealth...

Early to mid age I'll focus my military like I'm a heavy attacker and my sciences like I'm a TM. Mid to late age I'll adjust according to my honor level. The lower the honor the more balls out attacker I focus, and the higher the honor the more opportunistic I attempt to become. I say attempt because I'll follow even the most illogical of orders...

Dragon immunity really means nothing to me. From the few brief posts I've read from my fellow kd mates, dragon slaying goes well here, but with the changes to dragons... who knows? Maybe emeralds will have so much HP no ghetto will ever slay them? Anyway, dragon immunity is just a sideline perk for me.

The real meat and potatoes is the conversion of the 6/0 off specs into the 6/8 elites. If I run mostly off spec offense to start the war and I don't end up getting chained, I just might sneak by and become UB naturally through elite conversions. Converting ospecs into elites should maintain my nw even after losses, so I can play around with nw in the middle of the kd. If/When I do get chained, I hope to end up fighting some land def orcs or something at the bottom.

Finally... Octo would suicide. Nobody is a better anon suicider than a fae. If all else fails, farm out and claim I wasn't trying? ;)

Postaholic
    I went Fae WH my first time back (in Jan). I had a strat all planned out. It would have been glorious. The kingdom I was invited to had a fae wh already. Like 1 of 3 in the game. Imagine the coincidence. Needless to say, the monarch strong armed me into playing an elf mystic instead. Fae WH can totally work in the right hands.

War? I'll be in vacation mode lemme know when it's over!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Hit into fortified when you're not in war. Has no effect on honor gains, but their honor gains are -50%, plus the gains are lower so you get more bang for your buck

Suiciding for honor gains in the ghetto doesn't really work. There's really no fear for kingdoms to hit you back 2 or 3 times because there's no threat of getting trampled in an unwanted war. WH needs to operate under a turtle so you keep your honor protected as much as possible. Either that or you can take octo's tiny prince (or other high honor title) strategy and then grow from there with your honor bonuses

Needs to get out more
    Definitely. I'm kinda taking this age off, but not for lack of desire. Job thingy.

I'm a cleric guy myself. I'll mix cleric with anything, just like vodka. But really any personality will do if you go faery.

War hero is funny because you can war spoil and the hapless victim always gets a useless som with the bad news. I've been on the receiving end so I'm not saying this from a one sided joke. You'll get a feel for your ratios and even so, all elite is fine. Attacking is the best part if you're not addicted to wpa. You can fight like Popeye on spinach, getting inside of Blutos clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

cowbell, MORE, now

@Lysdexic
    Wait a minute, your Monarch is not blathering on about how hot it is in Tejas? Are you in Skanksville?

We so ghetto we rated R for Ratchet
    Last edited by Skank; 09-08-2016 at 14:50. Reason: needed more cowbell
    I may be paranoid but that does not mean they aren't out to get me It needs more cowbell.

lysdexic how is it going?

I have been running faery/wh for a few ages with high succes. I have been in a few ghettos and a few better war kingdoms.
    I had most of your ideas too when I first started out, but on the way I have been forced to completely alter my strategy.

This combo is awesome!btw

If you need someone to compete with send me a PM and lets find out if we can find a fun solution. I bet you ill teach you a thing or two:)

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Hit into fortified when you're not in war. Has no effect on honor gains, but their honor gains are -50%, plus the gains are lower so you get more bang for your buck

Suiciding for honor gains in the ghetto doesn't really work. There's really no fear for kingdoms to hit you back 2 or 3 times because there's no threat of getting trampled in an unwanted war. WH needs to operate under a turtle so you keep your honor protected as much as possible. Either that or you can take octo's tiny prince (or other high honor title) strategy and then grow from there with your honor bonuses
    This.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

This was patched over a few ages ago. You'd only receive full honor for hitting targets before fort slides in, after 24 hours your gains are 50%.

The tiny prince strategy doesn't really work now either, due to how little honor is gained from attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    This was patched over a few ages ago. You'd only receive full honor for hitting targets before fort slides in, after 24 hours your gains are 50%.

The tiny prince strategy doesn't really work now either, due to how little honor is gained from attacks.
    "A few ages ago"? It worked 2 ages ago and doesn't seem as though its been changed.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post

Still worked last age

Thread Information