Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Science random allocation bugged?

Science random allocation bugged?

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but a few kds I have been speaking with (and mine) have multiple provs on +2 scientists with the rest on +0.

Is there any madness to this method?
    "Because of the implication"

no, its random.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Postaholic
    For what it is worth, I really like the new sci system so far Bishop :)

Adds a little "random excitement" to every tick which is fun to check in regularly to see if you got "lucky" instead of just planning your day around the fixed numbers and times.

I personally think there should be like a 1-tick cooldown when a scientist is reallocated. But I do see pros and cons to both methods. Really though, if you get 34 novices and just throw them on channeling you get max channeling sci, do your nightmares, then switch them to crime for max tpa NS's, then switch them to military for 10% increased ME for the attacks, then throw them into whatever static allignment you want.

I guess it is just one more method for squeezing out extra benefit from sci and to bounce attacks to separate the men from the boys.

The choices between short term gain vs long term dominance is hurting my head Bishop! Stop it! :D

Post Fiend
    The science is fair...eventually. Like over the course of the whole age its calculated to be even, more or less.
    BUT that being said I do agree that in the short term the current system does give some players an advantage over others.
    With the early parts of the age playing such an important role, leaving something like that to chance doesn't seems very fair to me.

Rng - rng!

Seems like all kd's has same. One here has gotten 4 and most have gotten none. Seems a little more than random.
    A day with out Utopia, Is a day with out fun

Quote Originally Posted by dayboo1 View Post
    Seems a little more than random.
    In what way is that not random?

Also, its random.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Enthusiast
    seems very random to me. some ppl very lucky, others very unlucky. ie - random!

I will probably make a suggestion on an alteration of the sci gen formula in the future, but will wait to see how the sci numbers evolve over the age first.

randomness on very low probability events (such as sci gen) can be problematic. this isnt like a rare loot drop we are farming, science is a pretty integral part of running a province.
    All hail Bart of Farta

damn i made it for 22 ticks with 15% laboratories and no scientists. That seems to make me bottom-one-percent unlucky.

Why to have it then, when its not depend from you. Its better to remove it maybe.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbrown View Post
    damn i made it for 22 ticks with 15% laboratories and no scientists. That seems to make me bottom-one-percent unlucky.
    I want to know your trick for having Labs built from tic 1 of protection.

Random does not mean one get 4 in 4 ticks and others get none. Not very random that way.
    A day with out Utopia, Is a day with out fun

Random does not mean one get 4 in 4 ticks and others get none. Not very random that way.
    Thats exactly what random means.

It's a distribution, check the curve, you might end up on the lower end of it or higher end, it's too early to tell atm anyway:

Other Thread:
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...tist-Each-Tick
    Curve:
    https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?...3D1500+to+3500
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

All you gotta do is pay Bishop some $$$
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Thread Information