Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abduct attack gets NO scientists?

Abduct attack gets NO scientists?

Hey All,

Just did my first Abduct attack, expecting to maybe pick up 1 scientist, but nothing.

I'm a wee bit disappointed with this failure, and would like to know a bit more about why it happened. Does someone need to have a minimum number of scientists before they can be abducted? Are only a small portion of scientists available to be abducted (like less than 5% of a provinces scientists at any time)?

I really don't want to have another successful abduct attack result in no actual benefit.

they must have just nerfed it.

because if you hit in feb 1-2 you could abduct 20 a hit.

Yes which is completely unfair. So now there are some that have like 40 scientists and others with 9 or less.

Will the developers do anything about it? Of course not. Will Bishop be sympathetic? Nope.

/me rolls his eyes.

Every age when they mess with mechanics, they never test and something like this happens and someone gets compeltely screwed. This age it was my turn along with how ever many others.

Simply awful.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

I ran the attack "last tick" (February 2), just 5-10 minutes before they did a server update.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Yes which is completely unfair. So now there are some that have like 40 scientists and others with 9 or less.

Will the developers do anything about it? Of course not. Will Bishop be sympathetic? Nope.

/me rolls his eyes.

Every age when they mess with mechanics, they never test and something like this happens and someone gets compeltely screwed. This age it was my turn along with how ever many others.

Simply awful.
    Yeah its poor design. They really should run a "test age" near the end of each age with the changes so they can work these things out.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    try the guy in our kd that gained 30. hes at 51 scientist now. then everyone else who hit people who had 20 for 0. means gains are rounded down and less than 5%. i'd be happy with a 2-3% base gains if they got rounded up.

Forum Addict
    What Sheister said.. well good luck all with the rest of the age. Guess sometimes it's best to just shake your head and walk away.

Forum Fanatic
    I got one scientist off an attack post-patch. Must be one of the lucky ones.

Who else expected this?

Restart age!!

This early it has huge impact!

I also just Spied on this guys sciences, and he still has 18 scientists (so nobody managed to abduct them all).

I got thinking after reading some of your posts that maybe someone managed to abduct them all already, making it impossible for me to abduct any myself (but that's not the case).

This is ridiculous, especially as one of the few sages this age. If i knew I'd still get a ton of scientists abducted off me I wouldn't have played sage. Such BS, I basically start the age with no personality bonus because of dev incompetence.

Post Fiend
    Its fun since i really hated on human sage. And then i gained 20 scientists in two attacks. Bugg fixed and then woop woop i get hit back and lose 1 scientist. Im maxed in pop science even before age has been live 27 hours. Gj bishop and dev team. Really made science "fun" this age.

Looks like its the last age of utopia.

Age of growth since no war reward.
    Age of bully since an attacker needs 75 scientists to be maxed in whats important.
    Age of people leaving the game
    Age of "we try"

So much whine here but... how fun is it that every player will be maxed in the science this age? Unless if u suck =p

Abduct was bugged for an hour and some people gained or lost too much. We'll do something to help fix it. Everyone that is gloating, stop. Everyone that is over reacting, chill.

Everyone that is getting aggressive with me, not a good idea.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    I wonder if bishop is a man to agree that the science system suck and just because he got 30 scientists off the start he doesnt wanna restart the game?

Or is the dev team in this crap.
    Restart the game and fix the system asap. Or you lose more players due to the unfair start.

Be a man - with petter russel voice. Be a man

Thread Information