Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Combined Chart: Age 68

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You're right. My apologies to skilled, low ww kingdoms everywhere.

I'd like to extend Palem's apology to KDs like Emeriti and Pandamonium.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I dont really get what people have to pick on things like this? People that do things for the community far between and most of the time they end up getting **** anyway. Doesnt really drive you to carry on doing it.

Pick on what? Palem is acting like a douche to KDs with a low amount of war wins; be it "Ghettoes" or "top KDs" alike. You are insane if you think it's anything more than that on my part.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Pick on what? Palem is acting like a douche to KDs with a low amount of war wins; be it "Ghettoes" or "top KDs" alike. You are insane if you think it's anything more than that on my part.
    You want a tissue for those tears? His chart is a combined chart of all 4 charts, its his chart and its perfectly fine for him to make his own requirments for his chart. If you score low on one or several on the charts you will end up in a bad postition. Nothing douchey about that.

Like I said; you are insane.

I'm not talking about the chart at all; it's his posts.

Like I said; you are insane.

I'm not talking about the chart at all; it's his posts.
    And which post would that be?

It's the fail elitist sarcasm he tries to sell; I facepalm on most of his posts when I take the fact that he's a mod into consideration. :( whatever; I'm out; this discussion is pointless ever since it became a discussion with Korp.

It's the fail elitist sarcasm he tries to sell; I facepalm on most of his posts when I take the fact that he's a mod into consideration. :( whatever; I'm out; this discussion is pointless ever since it became a discussion with Korp.
    Matija: "Its his post!!"
    Korp: Which post would that be?
    Matija: Its the elitist sarcasm!!
    Korp: lol.

As usually you cant provide any substanial and when you get corned you give it up. You were glad to engage in a discussion until a certain point. There is one sarcastic post in this thread are you mad cause he mentioned your kingdom or whats the issue? And why did you engage in a pointless discussion to begin with then? Thats seems pretty dumb, if you consider any discussion with me pointless, dont start a discussion. :(

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I had to double check that I did hit submit on the apology post. The hell are you going on about Matija?

I've said it time and time again that the winners of the land/nw charts are the best kingdoms. This chart isn't supposed to be a power ranking. Not everyone tries to play to end up as large as they can possibly be. They play to try and balance all aspects of the game. Those are the people that the chart is for since nothing in game really tracks that (at least cohesively).

I'm sorry if some of the whoring kingdoms feel left out by my decision to only include kingdoms that finished in the top 100 of each chart, but I do it for 2 reasons

1. It's really not all that hard to place on each of the charts so if you were trying to make it on the combined chart, the you've really failed. Most of the people that fail to make it are the ones who had other goals (one of the official charts), so there's really not much to complain about since it wasn't your goal in the first place.

2. Doing the chart like I do it now takes me maybe a couple of hours. If I expanded it to include all kingdoms it would probably take me 3-4 hours and I really don't have the time and energy to do that, especially for about 100 kingdoms that weren't even close to having a significant impact on placement. Even the way I do it now I was late getting the chart up.

I just assume you hurt his feelings with this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    BB couldn't even manage 2 war wins? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

see it works both ways

Scribe
    Overall means you compete in all aspects of the thing you are doing.
    You can't become overall champion in any sport unless you compete in all categories. And in sports to compete on an international level you have to qualify also.
    This is the only chart that reflects that land and nw are only considered the ultimate goal by a select few players while the majority of the server aims for a fun age balanced between land, nw,honor and warring.
    It doesn't take away anything from your crown to let others have their achievements as well. Griping at this chart shows a lack of character and is not becoming of a crown winner. Y'all are good, some great, players, why do you insist on making yourselves look like one trick ponies?

Needs to get out more
    I also like the overall chart because it's familiar to me from other games I've played. For example, in D&D there were skill challenges; these were obviously noncombat hurdles our team faced in game. We weren't very good at the skill challenges till it sunk in that we needed to round out our capabilities. Our magic user was our most rounded in various skills but also a fragile twit. It was imperative that we defend our magic user, not just as a friend, but a vital resource for our continuing quest.

The compromises were necessary and skill challenges deepened our team dynamics. We all eventually honed our skills while improving our synchronized combat prowess. We had to as we began to realize the strength of the team in total. We got past the thinking that one fighter was stronger than the other and gained an appreciation for each players individual expertise. Thus, I also see the overall chart as a path to total kingdom participation rather than 2-5 guys with 20 drones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Really Goodwich? I just thought people were taking this thread a little bit too seriously when it's obviously not anything official. I don't support a world where every ****ing person gets a God damn ribbon or participation award. And yes I'm going to get pissed off when someone says some Kingdom won the age based on an arbitrary system created by a moderator. The post was not meant to **** in Palem either. Just to have people take a step back and not take this too seriously. Not sure what changes should be made to it if it were to be officially implemented. I'll be thinking about that.

I have always thought the warring Crown was crap because it depends entirely upon other people deciding to fight you or not. If you're really good, most of the time people are going to run. Kds who do well in this chart are basically those who can trick more people into warring them. Not a fan. With anon doing what it does now, taking honor, that chart is going to be pretty messed up as well since, unless you're huge, a bunch of random kingdoms could hit you and undo all of the work you have done to gather honor just because they either like your competitors or just hate you. An entire age worth of work can be undone in two days via gangbang. Obviously not ideal.

At this point land and net worth are the only pure ones left where the system isn't completely messed up. The competition either fights you or drops down. The only major issue with the top is the political crap that goes on up there concerning CFS and negotiations. I spent the vast majority of my time playing Utopia in the middle tier warring all the time and historically my bias has always been for that and away from the top. It would be nice if honor and warring still had some significance even with the flawed systems and a combined chart could do that.

So please explain to me what part of my post was incorrect, disrespectful, inappropriate, bitter, etc. Because I'd love to hear it. Also this stuff does not directly affect me because I didn't play last age, minus the first four weeks, nor do I play this one.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale View Post
    Really Goodwich? I just thought people were taking this thread a little bit too seriously when it's obviously not anything official. I don't support a world where every ****ing person gets a God damn ribbon or participation award. And yes I'm going to get pissed off when someone says some Kingdom won the age based on an arbitrary system created by a moderator. The post was not meant to **** in Palem either. Just to have people take a step back and not take this too seriously. Not sure what changes should be made to it if it were to be officially implemented. I'll be thinking about that.

I have always thought the warring Crown was crap because it depends entirely upon other people deciding to fight you or not. If you're really good, most of the time people are going to run. Kds who do well in this chart are basically those who can trick more people into warring them. Not a fan. With anon doing what it does now, taking honor, that chart is going to be pretty messed up as well since, unless you're huge, a bunch of random kingdoms could hit you and undo all of the work you have done to gather honor just because they either like your competitors or just hate you. An entire age worth of work can be undone in two days via gangbang. Obviously not ideal.

At this point land and net worth are the only pure ones left where the system isn't completely messed up. The competition either fights you or drops down. The only major issue with the top is the political crap that goes on up there concerning CFS and negotiations. I spent the vast majority of my time playing Utopia in the middle tier warring all the time and historically my bias has always been for that and away from the top. It would be nice if honor and warring still had some significance even with the flawed systems and a combined chart could do that.

So please explain to me what part of my post was incorrect, disrespectful, inappropriate, bitter, etc. Because I'd love to hear it. Also this stuff does not directly affect me because I didn't play last age, minus the first four weeks, nor do I play this one.
    I don't recall addressing you directly. As a matter of fact obviously you were not addressed because you didn't win a crown(read my post again).
    But since you feel addressed obviously you belong to the few that have that problem.

There is nothing wrong with making a math based chart here in the forums. It is just as valid or invalid as an internal chart made up by a kingdom in their own chat or channel, it's just read by more people. The game owners and devs have not credited these results.

If people want to congratulate a kingdom for doing well in this chart then that is their right. And nothing you do or say can stop them. If more people congratulate WSK for a job well done than some others that won crowns then maybe that should be seen as a sign. Maybe there is a shift in how players want to enjoy the game? Or maybe it is just that most think a crown is good enough they don't need the extra pat on the back.

But regardless of all that, taking someone else's thunder away will NEVER make you seem better but always worse.

There are a lot of people that appreciate Palem's work on this.

If you don't like it, do what Korp said and make your own and you can doctor it till it looks the way you want it to look, you are good at that (and yes, this last sentence is a personal dig and you know why)

Thread Information