Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Combined Chart: Age 68

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale View Post
    Really Goodwich? I just thought people were taking this thread a little bit too seriously when it's obviously not anything official. I don't support a world where every ****ing person gets a God damn ribbon or participation award. And yes I'm going to get pissed off when someone says some Kingdom won the age based on an arbitrary system created by a moderator. The post was not meant to **** in Palem either. Just to have people take a step back and not take this too seriously. Not sure what changes should be made to it if it were to be officially implemented. I'll be thinking about that.

I have always thought the warring Crown was crap because it depends entirely upon other people deciding to fight you or not. If you're really good, most of the time people are going to run. Kds who do well in this chart are basically those who can trick more people into warring them. Not a fan. With anon doing what it does now, taking honor, that chart is going to be pretty messed up as well since, unless you're huge, a bunch of random kingdoms could hit you and undo all of the work you have done to gather honor just because they either like your competitors or just hate you. An entire age worth of work can be undone in two days via gangbang. Obviously not ideal.

At this point land and net worth are the only pure ones left where the system isn't completely messed up. The competition either fights you or drops down. The only major issue with the top is the political crap that goes on up there concerning CFS and negotiations. I spent the vast majority of my time playing Utopia in the middle tier warring all the time and historically my bias has always been for that and away from the top. It would be nice if honor and warring still had some significance even with the flawed systems and a combined chart could do that.

So please explain to me what part of my post was incorrect, disrespectful, inappropriate, bitter, etc. Because I'd love to hear it. Also this stuff does not directly affect me because I didn't play last age, minus the first four weeks, nor do I play this one.
    I don't recall addressing you directly. As a matter of fact obviously you were not addressed because you didn't win a crown(read my post again).
    But since you feel addressed obviously you belong to the few that have that problem.

There is nothing wrong with making a math based chart here in the forums. It is just as valid or invalid as an internal chart made up by a kingdom in their own chat or channel, it's just read by more people. The game owners and devs have not credited these results.

If people want to congratulate a kingdom for doing well in this chart then that is their right. And nothing you do or say can stop them. If more people congratulate WSK for a job well done than some others that won crowns then maybe that should be seen as a sign. Maybe there is a shift in how players want to enjoy the game? Or maybe it is just that most think a crown is good enough they don't need the extra pat on the back.

But regardless of all that, taking someone else's thunder away will NEVER make you seem better but always worse.

There are a lot of people that appreciate Palem's work on this.

If you don't like it, do what Korp said and make your own and you can doctor it till it looks the way you want it to look, you are good at that (and yes, this last sentence is a personal dig and you know why)

Needs to get out more
    The only players taking it too seriously are people that didn't chart in the overall. It's ok for kingdoms on the chart to take it as a sign of qualitative gaming. CR proves you can be in the top land and be well placed in the overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

What just happened?!?!...This thread was like 3 pages just a few hours ago...now everyone is getting their panties all twisted up..
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Rain on someone's parade lol? It doesn't take a combined chart to know that WSK had a fantastic age. It's obvious that basically the entire top 10 on palem's combined rankings had a great age, with or without this chart. Hopefully someone can convince the devs to implement an official combined chart to force the meta in a different direction.
    Last edited by Pale; 15-08-2016 at 21:30.

Post Demon
    I don't see why people get buthurt over a combined chart, Palem has made these for a few ages with the same criterias, it is not made to favour or exclude a specific kingdom. May I suggest someone with a lot of time on their hands make the opposite chart for whoever did not get into any top 100 lists, it would be fun to see if some people get pissed over not making that chart either.

I think our previous age was a little better than this, hopefully we'll at some point get to top 25 for combined, as long as it does not compromise having fun that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    I don't see why people get buthurt over a combined chart, Palem has made these for a few ages with the same criterias, it is not made to favour or exclude a specific kingdom. May I suggest someone with a lot of time on their hands make the opposite chart for whoever did not get into any top 100 lists, it would be fun to see if some people get pissed over not making that chart either.

I think our previous age was a little better than this, hopefully we'll at some point get to top 25 for combined, as long as it does not compromise having fun that would be great.
    Top 50 and Bottom 50... Im sure I made the bottom 50 LOL I did the calc's after Palem explained how to calc it out... 0.61(and some change) WHO CAN BEAT THAT! :-p
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

I find it hilarious that people think I feel left out or something. Only possible goal I could have left in this game is a land/nw crown; everything else is whatever at this point. I was just addressing the general tone of Palem's posts. Take that condescending apology as an example. I won the overall chart with FS but that didn't even make my signature nor did I make anything of it if you really think that's what this is about. Pale just talks a lot about these things and has his views on it so don't generalize either. Meh, now I really give up if this still isn't clear enough. Have fun guys.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Scribe
    Rain on someone's parade lol? It doesn't take a combined chart to know that WSK had a fantastic age. It's obvious that basically the entire top 10 on palem's combined rankings had a great age, with or without this chart. Hopefully someone can convince the devs to implement an official combined chart to force the meta in a different direction.
    Thank you :)this sounds way more like the Pale I used to know
    Last edited by Goodwitch; 16-08-2016 at 04:08. Reason: forum ate the quote

I like to post
    Really Goodwich? I just thought people were taking this thread a little bit too seriously when it's obviously not anything official. I don't support a world where every ****ing person gets a God damn ribbon or participation award. And yes I'm going to get pissed off when someone says some Kingdom won the age based on an arbitrary system created by a moderator. The post was not meant to **** in Palem either. Just to have people take a step back and not take this too seriously. Not sure what changes should be made to it if it were to be officially implemented. I'll be thinking about that.

I have always thought the warring Crown was crap because it depends entirely upon other people deciding to fight you or not. If you're really good, most of the time people are going to run. Kds who do well in this chart are basically those who can trick more people into warring them. Not a fan. With anon doing what it does now, taking honor, that chart is going to be pretty messed up as well since, unless you're huge, a bunch of random kingdoms could hit you and undo all of the work you have done to gather honor just because they either like your competitors or just hate you. An entire age worth of work can be undone in two days via gangbang. Obviously not ideal.

At this point land and net worth are the only pure ones left where the system isn't completely messed up. The competition either fights you or drops down. The only major issue with the top is the political crap that goes on up there concerning CFS and negotiations. I spent the vast majority of my time playing Utopia in the middle tier warring all the time and historically my bias has always been for that and away from the top. It would be nice if honor and warring still had some significance even with the flawed systems and a combined chart could do that.

So please explain to me what part of my post was incorrect, disrespectful, inappropriate, bitter, etc. Because I'd love to hear it. Also this stuff does not directly affect me because I didn't play last age, minus the first four weeks, nor do I play this one.
    Hate to bring it to you. But a combined chart is what "the community" wants. And we will forum-fight to protect these inalienable rights.

Post Demon
    For bottom charts I thougth of the opposite exclude any kingdom who made it onto the lists (1 or more), give points for most nw at spot 101/kd nw and add the same for land, honor and ww, 0 ww gives 0 by default and empty kingdoms are excluded as well. Just require a lot more time and patience pen and paper and a calculator. It is likely arround 4-50 kds only, but you would need to look at island by island as they would not chart in any other charts.

cowbell

Now you guys are just being mean.

We so ghetto we uses old newspapers and unpaid bills as wall paper
    Last edited by Skank; 16-08-2016 at 06:27. Reason: needed a smidge more cowbell
    I may be paranoid but that does not mean they aren't out to get me It needs more cowbell.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    For bottom charts I thougth of the opposite exclude any kingdom who made it onto the lists (1 or more), give points for most nw at spot 101/kd nw and add the same for land, honor and ww, 0 ww gives 0 by default and empty kingdoms are excluded as well. Just require a lot more time and patience pen and paper and a calculator. It is likely arround 4-50 kds only, but you would need to look at island by island as they would not chart in any other charts.
    I hereby task you with making a chart for the #101-150 KDs for next age. You'll have to PM them all though to ask them what KDs they warred and how many WWs they had + RKNW. Else you'll never be able to calc their WW points :)

Lets the ghetto n00bs have some Love as well. We need them to be happy, continue playing and providing acres for the few l33t kds that are left. Good job people!

No other charts then this one counts.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    I find it hilarious that people think I feel left out or something. Only possible goal I could have left in this game is a land/nw crown; everything else is whatever at this point. I was just addressing the general tone of Palem's posts. Take that condescending apology as an example. I won the overall chart with FS but that didn't even make my signature nor did I make anything of it if you really think that's what this is about. Pale just talks a lot about these things and has his views on it so don't generalize either. Meh, now I really give up if this still isn't clear enough. Have fun guys.
    Palem was being fairly neutral and the sense he was condescending was because you had to feel some tenderness as to BeastBloods standing in the eyes of the community. I have no qualms with BeastBlood. I'm more disappointed in kingdom that don't resist bottom feeding, but can't say I'm fond of kingdoms that park in the top 10 and stop competing either.

You're here for a reason, right? Palem would've never pissed you off if the subject hadn't been brought up. And the question was BeastBloods qualifications to be on the chart. You failed to qualify. Besides, look at all the associated kingdoms dissolving. I done told you guys this would be the result of idling in the top. Fade away or get with the program. The overall chart offers a means to keep the game interesting for all kingdoms.

So you don't appreciate your overall crown with FS. Now then, just get into your land crown kingdom and abide meta. Leave the joy of the game to the rest of us. Did you see the old kingdoms in the chart? That's why I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information